Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Well that's not true, we've seen nothing to suggest that Bailey isn't very good at team play or that he's not a team player, he gets his head down and runs at the oppostion at speed, but that's not the only thing he does, also unlike Adama and St Maxin he also lifts his head up and has a final ball.

I can only imagine you don't realize the extent to which Adama and St Maximin aren't team players if you're trying to suggest Bailey is the same, he's not, those two are on another level when it comes to trying to do everything by themselves, it's what they're renowned for by Wolves and Newcastle fans, two of the biggest complaints you will see about them is their lack of final product, and lack of a footballing brain, something that can't be said for Bailey.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Well that's not true, we've seen nothing to suggest that Bailey isn't very good at team play or that he's not a team player, he gets his head down and runs at the oppostion at speed, but that's not the only thing he does, also unlike Adama and St Maxin he also lifts his head up and has a final ball.

I can only imagine you don't realize the extent to which Adama and St Maximin aren't team players if you're trying to suggest Bailey is the same, he's not, those two are on another level when it comes to trying to do everything by themselves, it's what they're renowned for by Wolves and Newcastle fans, two of the biggest complaints you will see about them is their lack of final product, and lack of a footballing brain, something that can't be said for Bailey.

Go to the Bailey thread, from when he was last playing. He was being criticized for not passing/being too selfish/taking 1 too many dribbles etc.

I'm not saying Bailey is similar to them at all, but given the very loose criteria you've given for why ASM and Traore are similar...he might as well be (again, he's not...and neither are they).

I haven't given loose criteria as to why ASM and Traore are similar, it's pretty specific or about as specific as you can be when describing a players positives and negatives, and that criteria doesn't describe every winger.

Not sure why other wingers are being brought into it anyway, the point is that Adama and St Maximin are similar players, and it's not a lazy comparison just because they're both fast players who also happen to be black, there's enough similarites that it's perfectly understandable that people would compare the two.

I'd say the main differences are that St Maximin has slightly more skilful and Adama has more pace, but St Maximin is also very fast and Adama is skilful as well, St Maximin has much better goals and assist stats this season, but historically I don't think it's much different to Adama, maybe slightly better, also Newcastle fans accuse St Maximin of being a selfish player, I don't think that's necessarily the case with Adama, it's just his final ball isn't very good, like you don't see him always trying to take on shots, he usually tries to find a team mate.

I can undertand the criticisms of Adama, a few seasons back I think he became overrated, now I think it's kind of gone in the opposite direction, and I think he's possibly become a little underrated, yes you see him waste a lot of final balls and his assist and goals aren't great, but in many of the Wolves games I've seen this season a lot of their good attacking play as come through him,for a team that can afford to have someone like him on the bench he'd be a useful option.

They're apparently signing Diego Carlos, or at least it's being reported that he's handed in a transfer request so he can sign for them. Would be leaving a team currently 2nd in La Liga, to go to a team facing an uphill battle to survive.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

They're apparently signing Diego Carlos, or at least it's being reported that he's handed in a transfer request so he can sign for them. Would be leaving a team currently 2nd in La Liga, to go to a team facing an uphill battle to survive.

money-arabs.gif

• Haha 2

compare.jpg

Looks like Saint-Maximin has much better output in the final third, that Adama creates (slightly) more chances but that Saint-Maximin is on the end of far more chances and possibly creates better ones himself. Long passes attempted is basically the same and not very many at that. Adama - no surprise - is the better dribbler and wins more fouls. However Saint-Maximin does more defensive work.

FWIW I'd rather have Saint-Maximin in the side, but regardless I think they're both significantly better than Bertrand Traore anyway.

Successful Dribbles - Premier League 20/21:

Screenshot-2022-01-18-at-20-49-54.png

Successful Dribbles - Premier League 21/22:

Screenshot-2022-01-18-at-20-52-18.png

The numbers speak for themselves. Both CLEARLY the most unique dribblers in the league, by a margin.

It's fine to have an alternate opinion but to then brand anything disagreeing as "lazy" and "it's only because they are both black" is absolute Twitter-level shite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Don’t know anything about this Carlos but from what I’ve read over the last few days he sounds like a Brazilian Lascelles.

Fingers crossed.

He isnt elite but he is miles better than anything they currently have at centre back 

Conflicting reports on Carlos, English media seems to think it's a lot more done than the Spanish media.

£30m also well short of his release clause (€80m) and what they'll reportedly accept:

He also flew with the squad yesterday to Valencia.

Madness if it is true that he is desperate to leave, they are 2nd in the league and still in the title race with him a main-stay in starting 11 - To go to 2nd from bottom **** Newcastle

28 minutes ago, penguin said:

Conflicting reports on Carlos, English media seems to think it's a lot more done than the Spanish media.

£30m also well short of his release clause (€80m) and what they'll reportedly accept:

He also flew with the squad yesterday to Valencia.

Madness if it is true that he is desperate to leave, they are 2nd in the league and still in the title race with him a main-stay in starting 11 - To go to 2nd from bottom **** Newcastle

As I said earlier he is nearly 29 with a pretty average career so far. He is not getting this contract again. He is probably on about 40000 a week at Sevilla and Newcastle can probably offer him about 150000 a week

Its a huge jump 

• Like 1

Man A describes something he thinks is true

Man B says it's only because their black (keeping in mind many other black players haven't been compared to the original black player)

Man A says that's not true and explains why

Man B still thinks the comparison was made because of skin colour

Man A thinks Man B is a bell end

Man B thinks Man A is a racist

The lines are drawn and the circle goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on until one Man dies.  

Surviving Man therefore wins.

Best of luck to both Men. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Man A describes something he thinks is true

Man B says it's only because their black (keeping in mind many other black players haven't been compared to the original black player)

Man A says that's not true and explains why

Man B still thinks the comparison was made because of skin colour

Man A thinks Man B is a bell end

Man B thinks Man A is a racist

The lines are drawn and the circle goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on until one Man dies.  

Surviving Man therefore wins.

Best of luck to both Men. 

highlander-30th-anni-image.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

He isnt elite but he is miles better than anything they currently have at centre back 

Bizarre that anyone would leave Sevilla mid season for Newcastle, must be quadrupling his wages. Sevilla actually have a good chance of winning La Liga.

Guess players like him and Trippier are just looking at it that another prem club will pick them up if Newcastle go down.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â