Christian Benteke

Kwan

I just think it's clear that he doesn't think we have some sort of divine right to have world class players all over the pitch.

I'm fully aware of the post your originally quoted thanks, and I'm not backpedaling. I think your interpretation is still wrong.

Can you be kind enough to point it out like I have with my side of the debate?

Just saying it doesnt really prove anything.

Can you highlight which points clearly indicate that 'its what he would like' rather than 'what he expects'?

Seems my comment caused a minor flap. Yeah I want my team to have quality players. I do expect Aston Villa to have higher quality players than most clubs in the premier league.

Why? Because I am a pure glory hunter, I admit things have not been going according to my plan the last thirty years or so but still that is who I am.

Not only that but I am an entitled fan, I do think we have a god given right to have better players than other clubs, why because we are the chosen team, blessed by divine providence to be the greatest football club on earth.

Hope that clears things up!

:D

• Like 1

Seems my comment caused a minor flap. Yeah I want my team to have quality players. I do expect Aston Villa to have higher quality players than most clubs in the premier league.

Why? Because I am a pure glory hunter, I admit things have not been going according to my plan the last thirty years or so but still that is who I am.

Not only that but I am an entitled fan, I do think we have a god given right to have better players than other clubs, why because we are the chosen team, blessed by divine providence to be the greatest football club on earth.

Hope that clears things up!

:D

Brilliant. :D

Now, stop with the positivity. ;)

• Like 1

Cheers Ciggiesnbeers. It clears up that I was right with my interpretation  ;) .

It also highlights what a mad man you are - chosen team, blessed by divine providence to be the greatest football club on earth?? -  :D  Needless to say I am not on the same 'tongue in cheek' wavelength. All good fun though.

I don't suppose you have any footballing reasons for why you think our team should be blessed with so many great players?

• Like 1

Gents, If you'd like to start a thread on Aston Villa's standing in British football and expectations thereof, please feel free, in the meantime, please agree to disagree and we can get this one back onto Benteke. Thank you.

• Like 2

I can't see Arsenal paying for Benteke now. Wenger's ego wouldn't allow him to pay 3 times the price for a player he had been monitoring but decided against bidding for.

My guess is that Benteke will go this summer, that he will go to one of the chasing pack like Spurs rather than the CL 4 and that it will take an offer of just over £20m to make it happen.

Will be very sorry to see him go but at this moment in time I very much expect it to happen.

I really don't think it makes much sense for Benteke to leave this summer. He is guaranteed a start at Villa which he needs to cement his place in the Belgian team for the WC, where the world will be his stage and THEN he'll move. An improved contract now gives Villa a better fee next year and Benteke and improved bargaining position over wages at his next team.

If he leaves this summer he goes to a better off team with more resources, he wont be guaranteed that start at those teams and it is vital for him this season.

• Like 2

I really don't think it makes much sense for Benteke to leave this summer. He is guaranteed a start at Villa which he needs to cement his place in the Belgian team for the WC, where the world will be his stage and THEN he'll move. An improved contract now gives Villa a better fee next year and Benteke and improved bargaining position over wages at his next team.

If he leaves this summer he goes to a better off team with more resources, he wont be guaranteed that start at those teams and it is vital for him this season.

If he went to Spurs he would he would walk into their team as a regular starter.

He would also be playing with a couple of his international team mates and be in London where he seemingly wanted to be in the first place. I actually think our best chance of keeping him isn't the World Cup and the regular football factor, I think our best hope is that he is willing to hold on another year to move to one of the really top clubs.

My guess is that Benteke will go this summer, that he will go to one of the chasing pack like Spurs rather than the CL 4 and that it will take an offer of just over £20m to make it happen.

Will be very sorry to see him go but at this moment in time I very much expect it to happen.

With him we'll be part of the chasing pack this season. Selling him for 20 million would be crazy. Selling him to, say, Spurs or Liverpool for 20 million would be poo-eating, raving insanity.

With him we'll be part of the chasing pack this season. Selling him for 20 million would be crazy. Selling him to, say, Spurs or Liverpool for 20 million would be poo-eating, raving insanity.

With or without him we aren't going to be part of the chasing pack this season, we are a long way from being in that group. At best this season we will be looking at mid table.

We will see I guess.

Besides, I'm not saying I want this to happen or that it should, just that I think it might.

With or without him we aren't going to be part of the chasing pack this season, we are a long way from being in that group. At best this season we will be looking at mid table.

We will see I guess.

Besides, I'm not saying I want this to happen or that it should, just that I think it might.

Well I REALLY hope you're wrong. I think he's worth a lot more than that for one thing, and Spurs or Liverpool are the exact last clubs we should not be selling him to. If we have any ambition at all then we need to be looking to compete with those two, not hand them our best players for bargain fees.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Well I REALLY hope you're wrong. I think he's worth a lot more than that for one thing, and Spurs or Liverpool are the exact last clubs we should not be selling him to. If we have any ambition at all then we need to be looking to compete with those two, not hand them our best players for bargain fees.

I hope I'm wrong. I also agree with everything you've said. Sadly I just don't believe above and beyond Lambert there is any ambition.

Sadly I just don't believe above and beyond Lambert there is any ambition.

If you're suggesting that RL would jump at the chance to flog him for 20 million to whoever, I think you're wrong. Certainly PL could make a strong argument that he'd get more for him after another season.

If he leaves this summer then it would be a chasing team like spurs.

However if he leaves next season it will be to a better club than that a manure or a Real Madrid .

If he went to Spurs he would he would walk into their team as a regular starter.

He would also be playing with a couple of his international team mates and be in London where he seemingly wanted to be in the first place. I actually think our best chance of keeping him isn't the World Cup and the regular football factor, I think our best hope is that he is willing to hold on another year to move to one of the really top clubs.

Sure, but he would not get the really big wages there and Spurs is a hard club to leave :-)

If he leaves this summer then it would be a chasing team like spurs.

However if he leaves next season it will be to a better club than that a manure or a Real Madrid .

... assuming he keeps his form for us and has a stellar WC. A fairly safe assumption at this point.

If Spurs lose Bale they would have a lot of cash to spend. Would they spend that on Benteke? Or somebody better?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â