Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think De Bruyne should stay at Wolfsburg. They are a club on the up and he's loved there and playing in the position he likes.. At Man City he will probably be shifted out wide whereas he's best position is where Silva plays. I hope Benteke stays with us but he's 24 now and must have ambitions to play in the champions league. 

I'd say that's about right.

He's going through a bit of a dry patch, but I'd rate Aguero as one of the best strikers in the world. They cost that sort of money these days!

Yes champions league, De Bruyne factor and the fact they create so many chances. Benteke would love it there.

Indeed, they play his type of football. Given that realistically there is little chance of retaining him, I'd quite like to see it happen actually. They'll pay up a fair sum.

Also, Di Marzio has confirmed their interest so this link definitely has legs.

Yes champions league, De Bruyne factor and the fact they create so many chances. Benteke would love it there.

Indeed, they play his type of football. Given that realistically there is little chance of retaining him, I'd quite like to see it happen actually. They'll pay up a fair sum.

Also, Di Marzio has confirmed their interest so this link definitely has legs.

In the Championship I would reluctantly agreed with you. But if we stay up, I am fairly confident Benny will stay put and flourish next season. 

In the Championship I would reluctantly agreed with you. But if we stay up, I am fairly confident Benny will stay put and flourish next season.

Flourish to what end? If if we end up with the absolute best owners we can hope for, FFP rules considered, the best case scenario would perhaps be an outside shot of finishing fourth in 4/5 years? Benteke knows he can go to a Champions League club now.

So unless he decides to extend his contract - which there is absolutely zero incentive to do. We can play it two ways; make him stay for another season and then sell for probably a third (at least) less than his true value due to him being in the final year of his deal or sell for full value this summer and reinvest wisely. Clubs like Spurs and Southampton cannot keep their best players so I'm not sure why we expect it to be any different with us.

Ultimately he is 24 now. His developmental stage is over and he is approaching the prime stage of his career. He deserves better than to waste those years here.

Incredible watching all of his goals back. Truly great player. Will be gutted when he leaves. He can be as good as he wants.

I have no doubt he will continue scoring, just got to hope the defence starts re-doing their job!

I truly believe that if he played for us during the MON era we would have finished in the top 4.

dont know, he wasnt even 18 yet ;)

and MON would never have heard of him either

haha you know what I mean

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â