Christian Benteke

Kwan

If Benteke does stay, I fear him not being as good next season.

Can see him not being as motivated and there won't be the surprise element there was with him last season.

For the above reasons, I don't think I'd be as gutted as some people if he left this summer, as I could see his value being lower this time next year.

Having said that, it could be the accountant in me speaking, as would we actually spend all or most of the money if we were to sell him this summer?

Surely playing for Belgium in the World Cup should be enough to keep him motivated?

Can see him not being as motivated and there won't be the surprise element there was with him last season.

For the above reasons, I don't think I'd be as gutted as some people if he left this summer, as I could see his value being lower this time next year.

Having said that, it could be the accountant in me speaking, as would we actually spend all or most of the money if we were to sell him this summer?

Surely playing for Belgium in the World Cup should be enough to keep him motivated?

Do you really think Benteke is going to have to play that well to stay in the team?

Im with AVFCtheobsession on this was. If he stays, he is happy but not over the moon and his motivation is lowered. Im not saying he wont be motivated, but just not 100%.

Edited by Woodytom

Dont agree - if anything he will better next season as he wants the big move. He is only a young guy and hopefully the club realises that if £25-30 mill is being touted as his value now, after next season that could be much higher.

The club needs to be strong, stick to its guns but give him a decent rise in the meantime

• Like 1

Do you really think Benteke is going to have to play that well to stay in the team?

Im with AVFCtheobsession on this was. If he stays, he is happy but not over the moon and his motivation is lowered. Im not saying he wont be motivated, but just not 100%.

i just think that's utter cack - how on earth do you know what does and doesnt motivate benteke. Such rubbish, it's just pure made up cack.

i just think that's utter cack - how on earth do you know what does and doesnt motivate benteke. Such rubbish, it's just pure made up cack.

Jesus, ok - imo.

I doubt Benteke is in the business of sabotaging his own career as a dip in form at this point could set his career back in a big way. If he has any sense he'll be playing like his career depends on it as if he impressed the big clubs this season, showing it wasn't a one off will get him that move he may be after. That alone should be motivation enough without even considering the World Cup. 

I doubt Benteke is in the business of sabotaging his own career as a dip in form at this point could set his career back in a big way. If he has any sense he'll be playing like his career depends on it as if he impressed the big clubs this season, showing it wasn't a one off will get him that move he may be after. That alone should be motivation enough without even considering the World Cup. 

I see that, but Motivation isnt just a conscious state of mind. Sure, Benteke will feel he needs to push himself to keep impressing but should Villa stand in his way this summer he may not like that, and that might affect him subconsciously.

I have no doubt Benteke would try and would play well, but if we have stood in his way i fear he wouldnt kick on like we all hope./expect him too.

Edited by Woodytom

Jesus, ok - imo.

I don't think he'd be the type of person to allow his performances to drop, he's already said he's happy to stay at Villa for another 12 months so i don't see why he would lack motivation.

I think he'll stay for one more season and then i'm sure most fans would say he'll leave with our blessing.

If he leaves this summer to a club like Liverpool i will seriously question how ambitious he really is because although they may be bigger than us historically they aren't going to be getting in the Champions League any time soon and would he really be happy with the Europa League? I think he's better than that.

I don't think Spurs can afford him unless they sell Bale.

The guy's 22 years old, he's just catapulted himself into being one of the most highly rated young strikers in Europe (which for all intents and purposes may as well mean the World), he's hankering after a move to a bigger club in the near future and he's got a World Cup to look forward to.

With the greatest of respects your worrying about him not being motivated is either naieve, stupid or extremely pessimistic, I'll let others decide which one.

• Like 1

Can see him not being as motivated and there won't be the surprise element there was with him last season.

I think this is the second time you have mentioned that he should walk (paraphrasing) into the Belgian team. The Belgium national team has Lukaku and Vossen, the guy we were really looking into when we found Benteke, and they only play one striker in their system. A bad season from Benteke could certainly see him not playing in the WC.

I agree with Raymond. Lukaku is also now playing for Mourinho's Chelsea. Those 2 words (Mourinho and Chelsea) will resonate with the Belgian manager added to the season he had last season. In club status alone, Lukaku will be perceived to be playing at the higher standard now so Benteke must have a good season.

Probably easier for peace of mind to stay out of this thread until 1) we hear from Christian 2) or a statement from the club. Otherwise people will only work themselves up over meaningless speculation (at this stage).

I agree with Raymond. Lukaku is also now playing for Mourinho's Chelsea. Those 2 words (Mourinho and Chelsea) will resonate with the Belgian manager added to the season he had last season. In club status alone, Lukaku will be perceived to be playing at the higher standard now so Benteke must have a good season.

Maybe Benteke should move to Liverpool if the status of the club is more important ;)

The only thing I would say against that was his consistent improving throughout the season. Michu for instance was on fire the first half of the season and dropped off a little in the second half, where Benteke was a much better player at the end of the season than the start. Imagine him in a decent team.

I want him to stay, but If he goes, he goes. At least we will get a decent transfer fee which I trust Lambert will no doubt use wisely. Personally, I think he'll stay for at least next season, then depending on how well he does move after the WC.

I meant generally. There seems to be a constant conversation in here why he'd be mad not to leave because other teams are so much better than us.

Just an observation.

Well that might be just what people are debating.

If you want to talk about reasons why he would stay then crack on, as  don't think it will be frowned upon. It is allowed.  :)

You're missing my point. I'm just making a general statement that it's fairly depressing to come in here and have the same points about us being shit and Benteke being amazing and other clubs are amazing and we're shit over and over again.

I know what I am and not allowed to do, so don't patronise me, ta.

I haven't seen anyone saying that we are 'shit' and especially 'over and over again' so thats unfair comment.

I also don't think the poster was being patronising either and i wish certain posters would knock the proverbial chip off their shoulders and actually debate the point.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â