Christian Benteke

Kwan

I honestly think we are all getting worked up over nothing by the way

I think so too. I'm not worked up at all fwiw and am just responding to hypotheticals to while away the time :)

I meant generally. There seems to be a constant conversation in here why he'd be mad not to leave because other teams are so much better than us.

Just an observation.

Well that might be just what people are debating.

If you want to talk about reasons why he would stay then crack on, as  don't think it will be frowned upon. It is allowed.  :)

You're missing my point. I'm just making a general statement that it's fairly depressing to come in here and have the same points about us being shit and Benteke being amazing and other clubs are amazing and we're shit over and over again.

I know what I am and not allowed to do, so don't patronise me, ta.

I meant generally. There seems to be a constant conversation in here why he'd be mad not to leave because other teams are so much better than us.

Just an observation.

Well that might be just what people are debating.

If you want to talk about reasons why he would stay then crack on, as  don't think it will be frowned upon. It is allowed.  :)

You're missing my point. I'm just making a general statement that it's fairly depressing to come in here and have the same points about us being shit and Benteke being amazing and other clubs are amazing and we're shit over and over again.

I know what I am and not allowed to do, so don't patronise me, ta.

Jesus, chill out mate. Don't come in here then if it is that bad! 

Absolutely nobody has said what you are saying they have said anyway (although I recognise that your aiming that purely at me).

I don't need to 'chill out' thanks. I'm not worked up in the slightest. Just posting an observation.

I'm not. I'm generalising the last few days in this thread.

Really can't see us accepting anything less than £25m at the least for Benteke. Put it this way, does anybody honestly think Lambert would accept that?

Yes. £25 million is what we'll probably accept. Whether or not anyone will actually bid that is another story.

It's something you've intimated though Tom (that is your name right?) over and over again.

Here's that word again, context...

Tbf Doug (seen as though you had probably gone to bed like any normal person) - Ciggiesnbeer came on and basically pointed out I had the context bang on. 

My name is Tom, yes. 

Actually, all I have intimated is that I think benteke will go and I can see why he would go to liverpool.

If that is intimating that Villa are shit and Liverpool are amazing then I think you are the one who is struggling with the word 'context' (Ironically as you were last night  ;) )

Are Liverpool a bigger club? Yes

Are they in a much better position than us right now? No

Will Benteke have the opportunity to go to a club that is both bigger than us and in a better position than us? Yes

Will Benteke join Liverpool? No

Whoever meets our valuation gets to speak to him, LPool could if they sell Suarez. Not sure they would buy another player after one years evidence of his quality, you never do kmow though. Spurs won't pay anywhere near enough, unless bale goes.

Benteke is not yet proven, he looks odds on to be great but so did kenwyne Jones. Adebyor and a host of other players 30m is a big big gamble.

Will Benteke have the opportunity to go to a club that is both bigger than us and in a better position than us? Yes

You seem to reiterate my views in every thread. I like them.

Benteke would join Liverpool in a heartbeat if we accepted a bid from them IMO.

Liverpool are the 2nd biggest club in British football, again IMO. 

Hmmm, maybe to you and I who grew up in an age where Liverpool were still the most successful team in Britain, I'm 30 years old - Benteke's 8 years younger, by the time Benteke became conscious of football Liverpool were in decline so he's never known them to be the force we consider them to be so I really don't believe he would join them in a heartbeat, bear in mind that it's not as though it's an opportunity to go and play in front of 70,000 fans every week, their stadium is only marginally larger than ours albeit full to capacity far more often, other than an obscene amount of money I'm really struggling to see what would attract him if I'm putting myself in his shoes.

Just my opinion

You seem to reiterate my views in every thread. I like them.

Ha! I'm covertly copying you to improve my credibility on here ;)

Liverpool are the 2nd biggest club in British football, again IMO.

What criteria is that based on out of interest.

Did they finish 2nd in the league? No they finished 7th.

2nd biggest in terms of revenue? No they're 5th.

Wages? 5th.

Attendance? 5th.

History? 2nd. Aha!

I take it we're 4th/5th biggest then.

• Like 1

I really don't think signing Benteke for 30m is that much of a gamble to be honest. The lad has obvious talent, he wont lose it. If anything, playing around better players is only going to improve his game more. I see far more in Benteke then I ever have in Jones & Adebayor.

Edited by PieFacE

If Benteke does stay, I fear him not being as good next season.

Can see him not being as motivated and there won't be the surprise element there was with him last season.

For the above reasons, I don't think I'd be as gutted as some people if he left this summer, as I could see his value being lower this time next year.

Having said that, it could be the accountant in me speaking, as would we actually spend all or most of the money if we were to sell him this summer?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â