Christian Benteke

Kwan

You're missing the point though. The argument is not whether Liverpool is better than Villa as an option. Of course they are. The argument is whether they're as good as what else will come in for him, and they're not. IMHO spectacularly not. Same applies to Spurs.

But my original point was that I dont see the major clubs coming in for him this Summer. This is if only Plop came in for him - people are saying he wouldnt go, Im saying he would.

Should Man Utd, Citeh etc get involved then Plop wouldnt stand a chance.

Right well in a scenario where only Liverpool come in for him this season then I don't think he'd go, because I think he thinks better of himself. They might be better than us but they're not so much better that he'd risk a bad season there and mess up his world cup. So IMO they're better but not better enough to lure him away. I'd hope he's waiting for a bigger move than that - which goes back to my original point that if he did end up there it would be a terrible lack of ambition and it'd be very suprising IMHO.
  • Like 1

He'd be more loved if he stayed at villa for another year

I really don't think he gives a shit. None of them do.

Yeah they're all just emotionless drones.

So you really think Benteke is thinking 'Do you know what, one of the reasons I will stay at Villa is because I will be more loved by Woodytom, Kevan Grealish, Arte Suave and the rest of the villa fans. I think not.

Bloody hell, how depressing. He shares a good relationship with the fans and with Paul Lambert and he might want to repay PL for giving him his chance and he might enjoy the fans idolising him.

There's clear reasons for him to stay even if you can't see them yourself.

Problem is, any sale to a prem team will see them offering player + cash. If he goes it has to be cash only, £30m+ and 90% has to be reinvested into the team.

We sold Young and Downing for 35m and spent about half ffs.

You're missing the point though. The argument is not whether Liverpool is better than Villa as an option. Of course they are. The argument is whether they're as good as what else will come in for him, and they're not. IMHO spectacularly not. Same applies to Spurs.

But my original point was that I dont see the major clubs coming in for him this Summer. This is if only Plop came in for him - people are saying he wouldnt go, Im saying he would.

Should Man Utd, Citeh etc get involved then Plop wouldnt stand a chance.

Right well in a scenario where only Liverpool come in for him this season then I don't think he'd go, because I think he thinks better of himself. They might be better than us but they're not so much better that he'd risk a bad season there and mess up his world cup. So IMO they're better but not better enough to lure him away. I'd hope he's waiting for a bigger move than that - which goes back to my original point that if he did end up there it would be a terrible lack of ambition and it'd be very suprising IMHO.

I think any move would be a risk BOF, and I think Benteke is a confident enough lad to believe in himself to succeed. I really think something catastrophic would have to happen to wreck his World Cup and actually, given the nature of the 2 teams in questions previous season, you would have to say it is more likely to happen at Villa.

I think it is very unlikely to happen at either btw, but there are no guarantees he has a good season with us.

Add to that the 20/30/40k extra Liverpool would be daft enough to offer him and I wouldnt be surprised at all.

I agree that it wouldn't be a full proof move for him in terms of football but when was the last time a Villa player left for purely footballing reasons?

Definite logic in what your are saying BOF but I doubt his agent will be repeating it.

In all his interviews he has come across as having more than the average common sense for a footballer.

I'm hoping that will stand him well against all the "advice" he is currently receiving.

Bottom line is it will take a big big offer for him to go this year and the list of clubs capable of that is pretty small.

Liverpool wont have the money unless they sell Suarez and it looks like Madrid are going for Cavani instead.

Spurs wont have the money unless they sell Bale - this is the one and only possibility in my eyes. Though I get the impression after all these years we might enjoying playing hard ball with Levy for a change.

I don't see Athletico Madrid as a significant step up - yes they have CL but he could get that playing in Greece!

Bloody hell, how depressing. He shares a good relationship with the fans and with Paul Lambert and he might want to repay PL for giving him his chance and he might enjoy the fans idolising him.

The point was - that I dont see him being loved more by the fans as a reason he would stay. Simply that.

I didnt say that there werent any reasons. I just said that I didnt think that was one. Is that ok - or do I need to go and get a prescription for some seroxat?

I think Lambert will not let him be sold for cheap. for all his faults MON was stubborn over Barry fee to Liverpool and think Lambert has that trait. He will do whats best for club. If a club offers 20 and was accepted I would fear that he would walk so I dont think Faulkner and Lerner are that stupid

So you really think Benteke is thinking 'Do you know what, one of the reasons I will stay at Villa is because I will be more loved by Woodytom, Kevan Grealish, Arte Suave and the rest of the villa fans. I think not.

There is a middle ground between staying because he's appreciated and not giving the tiniest shit that he is.

Edited by ArteSuave

The point was - that I dont see him being loved more by the fans as a reason he would stay. Simply that.

I didnt say that there werent any reasons. I just said that I didnt think that was one. Is that ok - or do I need to go and get a prescription for some seroxat?

I was stating the constant conversation about the reasons why we would rather leave is pretty depressing. Been going on for days now.

Lets talk about why he might stay as a change of pace!

Don't underestimate the power of fan support. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

Ashley Young? 

He is about the closest yes. But I am pretty sure he would have got a wage increase and there is no way he would have been guaranteed first team football.

But he moved for footballing reasons. To play at a higher level after giving us good years of service. I doubt the money was a factor (obviously it was nice, but having the opportunity to pay for Man U is a far bigger draw.

I was stating the constant conversation about the reasons why we would rather leave is pretty depressing. Been going on for days now.

Lets talk about why he might stay as a change of pace!

Don't underestimate the power of fan support. 

Well I was the asked the question why I thought he would go to liverpool. Highlighting reasons why he would stay would be a pretty strange way to answer that.

I meant generally. There seems to be a constant conversation in here why he'd be mad not to leave because other teams are so much better than us.

Just an observation.

Lambert has said if someone wants to take him after he's just completed his first year of a 4 year deal, theyd have to have a lot of money hence the reported £40m pricetag slapped on his dry roasted peanut head.

Anything less i cant see us doing anything other than point blank rejecting. Benteke also been reported as saying if he has to stay he'd be happy to. Its down to us and I think he'll stay personally. We'd be crazy to sell him now.

I meant generally. There seems to be a constant conversation in here why he'd be mad not to leave because other teams are so much better than us.

Just an observation.

Well that might be just what people are debating.

If you want to talk about reasons why he would stay then crack on, as  don't think it will be frowned upon. It is allowed.  :)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â