Christian Benteke

Kwan

I don't think Benteke is a Rodgers type signing..

I don't think I know what a Rodgers type signing is tbh. To me he strikes me as a wise man and therefore would want to sign good players. Christian Benteke fits that bill as far as I am concerned. He also seems to have a shed load of money to spend and could be in need of a striker.

He's just offloaded Andy Carrol who's a big man. then brought in two smaller players. I can't see him buying another target man like Benteke.

Its a fair point, And whilst I reckon Andy Carroll has bags of potential - I think Benteke offers far more than a target man and Andy Carroll does tbh.

Benteke has a subtlety to him that I see in Rodgers too. (Thats with his football that - not his press conferences which are a shambles to be brutally honest).

You mean that Benteke can play football with his feet ? Aswell as with his head ? I agree, but I don't think Liverpool will buy Benteke due to what happened last time they splashed 35m on AC,20m on Henderson 18m on downing etc... All liverpool ( past few seasons ) have done is bought one season wonders on big wages and transfers. I don't see why Benteke would want to leave for them anyway... despite them having £££ if they sell suarez.

They will look at Coutinho and think wow what a bargain. Look at Jordan Henderson... he was double the money.

Without getting too much into it, Andy carroll can use his feet. Some of the goals he has scored are unreal.

I think you can safely say that benteke is far far better than Henderson and Downing.

I could not believe what i was reading when they bid £20m for Downing - I am still in disbelief. I wouldnt be in disbelief if they bid 25m for Benteke, though I do take your point on board.

But then there looking to spend 22million on a Armenian Midfielder and did spend 15million on Joe Allen.

HE PLAYS LIKE A CRABB

HE PLAYS LIKE A CRABBBBBBBBB

OH THAT BOY JOE ALLEN HE PLAYS LIKE A CRAB.

A0l6hH7CQAADPpa.jpg

We all know Rodgers likes to hold Allen's hand wherever he goes. Allen is an exception. Sturridge and Coutinho have been class signings.

Edit: Just realised how OT this is. I'm sorry Mods. Dont shoot me.

Edited by kevangrealish

We should just flat out refuse to sell him there even if he wants to go on the basis that right now they're in no better shape than us and are no playing european football, end of.

Quite where people are getting this side of the argument from, i simply do have no idea. 

If Liverpool were the only ones who came in - I still think he would go. 

For me (though I think it is irrelevant), he will be more on display at Liverpool, he will be on better wages and he will definitely be playing for a team higher up the table.

I suppose my question is - as you point out Plop dont have European football. Neither do we - so that really doesn't matter in choosing between us and them.

Are there any other reasons why he would go to Liverpool? - Absolutely 100%.

Edited by Woodytom

We should just flat out refuse to sell him there even if he wants to go on the basis that right now they're in no better shape than us and are no playing european football, end of.

Quite where people are getting this side of the argument from, i simply do have no idea.

If Liverpool were the only ones who came in - I still think he would go.

For me (though I think it is irrelevant), he will be more on display at Liverpool, he will be on better wages and he will definitely be playing for a team higher up the table.

I suppose my question is - as you point out Plop dont have European football. Neither do we - so that really doesn't matter in choosing between us and them.

Are there any other reasons why he would go to Liverpool? - Absolutely 100%.

They're better than us, bigger than us, richer than us. What's not to like? Hey, I might go support them.

He's be mad to go to Liverpool at this stage of his career. I'm not saying he wouldn't, he might. But it would be the wrong choice for his career.

As for pointing out "we don't have European football either" I ask you - Why would Benteke go to a club NOT in Europe? Never mind not even the bloody tin pot Europa League.

It makes no sense to him. May I also point out you were the one who only yesterday told of the importance of club football over the World Cup. So please explain, because your logic is unraveling by the day.

• Like 1

He'd be more loved if he stayed at villa for another year (aswell as him saying he is happy at Villa at the moment).

Bigger expectations and Liverpool have not lived up to expectations for a multiple number of years.

Neither side are in Europe.

We have provided 5 signings already to show commitment that we want to improve and reach Benteke's needs to play for a big club.

They're not a club in London as he thought we were at the beginning :D

He could hang on another year and see where it goes from there... It's not often players like torres go from one big club e.g liverpool to a bigger club like chelsea, So that could be his only big money move (In the prem anyway) .

I know what you mean... but seriously he'd be stoopid to go to Liverpool when he can do much better.

Liverpool would be another stepping stone..

But a stepping stone that offers more money and greater potential. 

Seen as though Benteke seems to be motivated by money, I see no reason why he wouldn't go to a club who can offer more money. 

As for pointing out "we don't have European football either" I ask you - Why would Benteke go to a club NOT in Europe? Never mind not even the bloody tin pot Europa League.

It makes no sense to him. May I also point out you were the one who only yesterday told of the importance of club football over the World Cup. So please explain, because your logic is unraveling by the day.

Well if you think Liverpool are on the same level as us because they also don't have European football, then imo, your clearly only seeing what you want to see. 

I have mentioned the other reasons he may go to Liverpool above.

As for you other point, I dont remember saying that yesterday?? 

I don't think the world cup is the pinnacle of a players career. The champions league is, and Liverpool are far closer to that than we are. Why not take another stepping stone with a chance of getting champs league football.

At Villa he has absolutely zero chance of that. At Liverpool, he at least has some chance.

Edited by Woodytom

If Benteke goes to either Liverpool or Spurs he is showing a staggering lack of ambition. The main reason he won't end up at Liverpool is because there'll be 10 other better clubs in for him at the same time, most of whom will be Champions League clubs. Liverpool might be in better nick than us but they're not exactly in tip-top shape and there's far far better out there for him.

• Like 1

If Benteke goes to either Liverpool or Spurs he is showing a staggering lack of ambition. The main reason he won't end up at Liverpool is because there'll be 10 other better clubs in for him at the same time, most of whom will be Champions League clubs. Liverpool might be in better nick than us but they're not exactly in tip-top shape and there's far far better out there for him.

I agree Bof but, if you gave him this option -

Play at Villa on 45k a week and next year we will sell you for 50m?

or 

Play for Plop on 65k a week and we will have a good go at champs League Qualification - If not we will sell you for 50m?

You can see why he would take that option.

I am just plucking figures out of thin air btw.

He'd be more loved if he stayed at villa for another year 

I really don't think he gives a shit. None of them do.

Nor should they. As with Holman, if they're not good enough for us, then we soon get rid without a second thought. If we're not good enough for them, then I don't see why it should be any different.

You're missing the point though. The argument is not whether Liverpool is better than Villa as an option. Of course they are. The argument is whether they're as good as what else will come in for him, and they're not. IMHO spectacularly not. Same applies to Spurs.

• Like 2

You're missing the point though. The argument is not whether Liverpool is better than Villa as an option. Of course they are. The argument is whether they're as good as what else will come in for him, and they're not. IMHO spectacularly not. Same applies to Spurs.

Exactly. If he was going to take strides the size of Villa to Pool up the footballing ladder he'd need to make about 5 moves before he reached the level he'll peak at.

But my original point was that I dont see the major clubs coming in for him this Summer. This is if only Plop came in for him - people are saying he wouldnt go, Im saying he would.

Should Man Utd, Citeh etc get involved then Plop wouldnt stand a chance.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â