Christian Benteke

Kwan

One guy "AVFCMysteryMan" tweeting that he will not be at villa next season, that villa fans are mad to think he's staying, that Arsenal and Spurs have spoken to Villa and Benteke's agent, that a 25m bid will land Benteke and that Villa are now looking for replacements.

Isn't that guy a known BS artist? Regardless, I can't see us selling to another English side for that little.

? Thats about his market value. You wont get more for him

Market value or not he's worth more than that to us and we don't really need to sell him so in my opinion clubs need to make us a bigger offer than £25mil.

Why are most people on here thinking he will go? Lambert is the puppet master here, we get a good price and Lerner might have a say otherwise he plays for Villa or throws his dummy and looses all hope of playing in the world cup 2014, Lambert has proven that he will not sit back and be dictated to, Benteke has morals and his father has not brought up a spoilt brat. IMO he will be here this season.

If they sell Bale they will be in for Benteke.

I don't think they'll sell Bale (not this season) so I don't think they'll be in for him.

If Tottenham sell Bale, Benteke won't go anywhere near them. Better chance of the Champions League at Villa.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Why are most people on here thinking he will go? Lambert is the puppet master here, we get a good price and Lerner might have a say otherwise he plays for Villa or throws his dummy and looses all hope of playing in the world cup 2014, Lambert has proven that he will not sit back and be dictated to, Benteke has morals and his father has not brought up a spoilt brat. IMO he will be here this season.

Smell the coffeee - the world cup is probably well down his list of priorities - and a transfer away doesn't automatically exclude him from the world cup anyway - its not as if Belguim and fancied to win it either - so your probably talking about 4 games. - set that against the champions league and perhaps 4 times the salary .......(what would you do)

Don't think Lerner will need to intervene here - If Bentekke wants to he can force the move - contract or no contract. Lambert won't wan't an uhappy player hanging around. The Lerner\Lambert conflict may come if Lambo doesn't get to reinvest the whole fee received (but I doubt it TBH).

If the bigs don't come - he will stay - if they do - he won't IMO

Smell the coffeee - the world cup is probably well down his list of priorities - and a transfer away doesn't automatically exclude him from the world cup anyway - its not as if Belguim and fancied to win it either - so your probably talking about 4 games. - set that against the champions league and perhaps 4 times the salary .......(what would you do)

Don't think Lerner will need to intervene here - If Bentekke wants to he can force the move - contract or no contract. Lambert won't wan't an uhappy player hanging around. The Lerner\Lambert conflict may come if Lambo doesn't get to reinvest the whole fee received (but I doubt it TBH).

Have you seen the Belgian team? They're quality and are massive dark horses for the World Cup

Have you seen the Belgian team? They're quality and are massive dark horses for the World Cup

Ive actually a big bet on them at 40-1

I think you are in the majority, most of us think he will stay. It is natural for fellow fans to be nervous though particularly given the press are hell bent on pushing the "he is too good for Villa" bollocks line. he is not too good, he is the kind of quality we should have throughout the team. We are Aston Villa ffs not some recently promoted side.

Why is everyone going mad on twitter regarding CB tonight? Has he came and said he wants to leave or something?

What is being said mate???

One guy "AVFCMysteryMan" tweeting that he will not be at villa next season, that villa fans are mad to think he's staying, that Arsenal and Spurs have spoken to Villa and Benteke's agent, that a 25m bid will land Benteke and that Villa are now looking for replacements.

Thanks mate, don't really believe it tbh, arsenal now have higuain, bale not looking like leaving the spuds, hopefully he will stay. Direct replacement...........banan???? :)

To me its clear Benteke has eyes only for Arsenal really. Thats to only team that would make him throw his toys out the pram and Arsenal have their eyes on Higuian. If Arsenal sign higuian then benteke won't be approached to Villa will be in control.  If however Arsenal do come on strong then Benteke will most likely try to force things.  Personally I remain confident.  There is nothing to gain in going to liverpool or tottenham! No champions league football and Villa are prepared to give him a healthy pay raise so why leave? Now if Man City, Man U or Chelsea come things change! But I can't see that happening.  People are talking about x y or z leaving city but that won't happen until pellegrini sits down with his players and as they are all on either international duty or holiday then its not happening soon!

Its hilarious how people come to these conclusions about Benteke and Arsenal as if they know the guy, all from a single mistranslation nearly a year ago!

As for Pellegrini, Citeh have been signing players without a manager and I'm pretty sure they would sell without asking him either.

Edited by samjp26

Its hilarious how people come to these conclusions about Benteke and Arsenal as if they know the guy, all from a single mistranslation nearly a year ago!

As for Pellegrini, Citeh have been signing players without a manager and I'm pretty sure they would sell without asking him either.

I just don't see Benteke at City. He won't be playing games as often as he would like. 

Not as simple as that! Yes there may very well be outgoings, but why sell two strikers because they have signed two midfielders! Not gonna happen. IF they sign a striker then its fair to infer that a striker may be leaving but otherwise! They already sold Balotelli in jan without replacing him!

Secondly Benteke has also stated he wants to say in the prem and Arsenal are the only champions league team in the prem that have been linked so the reasoning is sound! A champions league team is the only genuine step up as Villa could be in and around the europa league next season if Benteke stays!

he is the kind of quality we should have throughout the team.

I would like to know what brings you to that conclusion?

I have never known a Villa team have that kind of quality throughout the team.

Thats why he is saying we SHOULD have that kind of quality...

Not as simple as that! Yes there may very well be outgoings, but why sell two strikers because they have signed two midfielders! Not gonna happen. IF they sign a striker then its fair to infer that a striker may be leaving but otherwise! They already sold Balotelli in jan without replacing him!

Secondly Benteke has also stated he wants to say in the prem and Arsenal are the only champions league team in the prem that have been linked so the reasoning is sound! A champions league team is the only genuine step up as Villa could be in and around the europa league next season if Benteke stays!

The only reason he is linked to Arsenal is because of the mistranslation I'm on about. Its made up paper talk.

As for him stating he wants to stay in the prem I would love to see where he's said that? Genuinely, I haven't known him to say that.

And with Citeh I just don't think Benteke is a big enough name yet. They will sign a star striker if any, maybe Cavani?

Edited by samjp26

Thats why he is saying we SHOULD have that kind of quality...

Right, so why should we?

it was said as though we have a god given right as Aston Villa because we arent some promoted team.

We havent done anything for decades.

Edited by Woodytom

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â