Christian Benteke

Kwan

Apparently the offer was 42k for 4 years. 

If i were Villa i'd have pushed it to 50k. His agent surely would accept that? 

That seems a bit low. 

Can we have a poll on what wage we would give Benteke? I'd say 50k would be the mean of the responses.

Actually... I just opened a poll in Other Football. Let's have your votes. I'll post the result back here when we've had a few responses.

BENTEKE'S CONTRACT: THE POLL

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/9216-bentekes-new-contract/

Shouldn't this be in Villa talk not 'Other Football' ?

Edit: I've gone with 80k because hes the best striker i've seen in my time watching the villa, but at the same time any more and i'd rather flog him and re-use the 30m for investment.

Edited by kevangrealish

Although I doubt it very much, 50k a week for 4 years could bite us in the arse if he flopped.

Again, I doubt that would happen, but as a business we will have to look at all possibilities and be logical with our offer.

Doubling his wages should be more of an enough considering he is already under contract and its simply to keep him happy.

Let's just wait and see if his agent or he himself come out with anything to make us believe he wants out, personally I think that would be a huge mistake because the fans that have put him on a pedestal could easily turn on him, as could Mr. Lambert.

Apparently the offer was 42k for 4 years. 

If i were Villa i'd have pushed it to 50k. His agent surely would accept that? 

Who can blame him for turning down 42k

Darren Bent sat on the bench all of last season doing sweet f.a earning a lot more than that

the way i see it.. we will have him for one more year max. He has three years on his contract... if he rejects a new deal.. so be it.. leave him on his 15k contract until we decide to sell him. He wont kick up a fuss with World Cup next year.

Very tough call.

Obviously we are bringing in players & re-signing players in & around the 20-30K bracket.Given that we have players such as Bent & Ireland on circa £60k,that is around the ,aximum that I would pay him.Ideally,I would look at round £50k given that the liklehood is that he will leave after 1 year.

How about a contract with an incentive? Rising every year for 4 years?

Don't you worry don't you worry child... Benteke's got a goal for you...

I have been singing this on drunken nights out for ages!
Ha! Likewise. In fact, I'm sure I picked it up from this thread. Maybe it was you?!

Would NEVER get the Hotle to sing it I'm sure, but it's grand after a few beers.

Haha exactly! I think it may have been me. Deffo getting busted out tonight

Edited by juanpabloangel18

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â