Christian Benteke

Kwan

I don't think he had to specifically say that we're going to offer him a new contract, he could have just said we're going to do our best to hang onto him or something. That he mentions a new contract says to me that Sherwood would rather keep him than use any funds from a sale to invest in new players.

I don't think he had to specifically say that we're going to offer him a new contract, he could have just said we're going to do our best to hang onto him or something. That he mentions a new contract says to me that Sherwood would rather keep him than use any funds from a sale to invest in new players.

I don't think Sherwood would be willingly seeking the sale of Benteke in order to fund his own acquisitions. With Benteke and the current squad + modest funds, regardless of takeover, he has a team that's unlikely to be relegated. If he has to sell Benteke then he'd have to absolutely nail it with his transfer targets and this would be much more of a pressure situation for him. 

• Like 1

According to SSN, Tom Fox has said that the prank call from a Villa fan pretending to be a Prem league manager that proved Kismet is trying to make Benteke leave was 'disgraceful' and 'beyond the pale'...

Personally, I think it was completely justified and its brilliant it has been done... It just shows that tapping up from other managers does happen behind the backs of the clubs who own players contracts... We all knew it happened anyway... Its got to stop... Agents and these shady meetings to violate contracts need to stop...

Edited by DJ_Villain
  • Like 2

I think it was established back in 2013 that Kismet was like many agents, looking out for his next pay cheque rather than what's right for the player. How many careers have gone down the crapper over this? Man City is like a cash in for these guys.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Benteke stay. He's quality, but a lot of other fans see him as a form player and somewhat inconsistent and also unlucky with injuries.

I'm totally 50/50 on if he goes or stays, neither would surprise me and thankfully, this means I won't get wrapped up in the will he won't he drama of a few years ago. I'd prefer it if he stays, obvisouly.

According to SSN, Tom Fox has said that the prank call from a Villa fan pretending to be a Prem league manager that proved Kismet is trying to make Benteke leave was 'disgraceful' and 'beyond the pale'...

Personally, I think it was completely justified and its brilliant it has been done... It just shows that tapping up from other managers does happen behind the backs of the clubs who own players contracts... We all knew it happened anyway... Its got to stop... Agents and these shady meetings to violate contracts need to stop...

Well, he has to say that. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â