Christian Benteke

Kwan

Maybe Lambert can destroy him, ya know like what we did to Bent. He is fading a bit for sure, but like when we took the chances away from Bent.

I see where you are coming from.

It would be nice if we actually played to striker's strengths for a change.

It can't always be the strikers fault though can it?

From season 1 (under Lambert), to season 2 and now season 3 we're scoring fewer goals each season.

Benteke might not be at 100% but the problem is there whether he plays or not.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Should benteke be covering loads of ground? I don't want him deep and I don't want him running the channels. Surely that's what gabby and weimman should be doing.

I want him showing for the ball on the edge of the box and in the box when the balls out wide.

I don't think he's playing great but I don't expect him to be running around like a mad man.

The problem is gabby and weimman don't offer much as support strikers or wingers.

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of Christian but I have to agree with the poster who said his movement is not as good as Bent's. 

It's something he needs to work on if he's going to be a complete forward, which I think he can be. But for now that's not really his game. He's functional as a target man but his best game is bullying defenders off the ball and forcing them into mistakes. Like his goal against Palace in the reverse fixture. He doesn't seem to get to play that way very often. Possession's great, I like to see us have more of the ball, but we need to press the opposition more, that's what's missing from our game.

Can't believe people are criticizing him. What the **** is he meant to do if the players behind him and to the side of him create **** all? Benteke when is he not injured like he was for the middle part of the season is a world class player. If you stick him in a good team (United, Spurs, Chelsea, City, Southampton and Arsenal) he would score goals for fun but he is playing in a side which creates **** all.

Can't believe people are criticizing him. What the **** is he meant to do if the players behind him and to the side of him create **** all? Benteke when is he not injured like he was for the middle part of the season is a world class player. If you stick him in a good team (United, Spurs, Chelsea, City, Southampton and Arsenal) he would score goals for fun but he is playing in a side which creates **** all.

Yeah you're totally right. He's totally immune from any criticism because the rest of our players are bad.

• Like 1

its hard to create when he's playing a game of musical statues...

we all know cissokho cant cross for shit, how about a front post run? how about not standing still and then moaning like **** when its not passed to him? how about taking the toblerone off his head?

he was as poor as anyone else today

• Like 1

His predictability on the ball (always cutting to the right), sloppy first touch and increasingly lax hold up play has nothing to do with others around him. Yes the service is awful, and yes he's playing with low skill plodders, but he isn't doing the bread and butter stuff well right now and that's 100% on him. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

its hard to create when he's playing a game of musical statues...

we all know cissokho cant cross for shit, how about a front post run? how about not standing still and then moaning like **** when its not passed to him? how about taking the toblerone off his head?

he was as poor as anyone else today

Who did he moan like **** at today? Or are we going to hold one nothing moment against him for ever?

Yeah you're totally right. He's totally immune from any criticism because the rest of our players are bad.

You've misunderstood. He hasn't said that.

---

Really poor miss from him today, must work the keeper from there.

He has to hang on to the ball better as well, too many flicks and attempted first time balls to no one, we need him to be better.

I thought he was very poor today.  However, he needs more than one chance a game to make a difference.  Why the hell, when we have one of the best strikers in the air, do we not play with wingers?

He is a top player but we create almost nothing for him every week... most goals he scores are ones he creates out of nothing himself ..he cannot do it alone and with him being our only threat teams know if they keep an eye on him, apart from the odd moment of class like against Man U for example, we are devoid of any other threat. If we had other threats in the team it would make it a lot more difficult for the opposition and create more space for Benteke which would result in a more effective player and team. Weimann, Gabby, Nzog and the "never score a goal midfield" are the problem.

• Like 2

He cant moan about having no service when hes not offering the team any positions to be passed to. Numerous times today Sanchez and Cleverley had the ball and just had to run across midfield because Benteke was just walking and not making a run. Can't always blame the midfielders for a lack of creativity when our striker has the movement of a rock. It makes me laugh when he sulks to be honest. Needs to grow up and put some effort in.

• Like 1

Today wasn't his best game by far but my point was there is no other goal threat in the team and our midfielders never score! If other parts of the team learned how to shoot and score on occasion it would maybe take a bit of heat off the likes of Weimann & Benteke which for me would help them. How many has Cleverley scored? How many has Nzogbia scored? how many has Westwood scored? or Richardson & Sanchez?..it's awful. Benteke is still learning the game and will have good and bad spells no doubt but there are a lot of other players not contributing either.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â