Christian Benteke

Kwan

It's only a little thing but when he's on his game, I love the way he controls the ball on his chest. It can be fired at him or hit long and he'll just cushion it down, keep the defender off him and lay it off. Shows a real touch of class and reminds me a bit of Drogba in that sense.

He definitely looked back to his old self the last couple of games, long may it continue

• Like 2

That lay off in the corner from the throw in was funny near the end, where it just bounced off his boot and went into our section . Awful touch which braught the oooohhhh Christian Benteke chants haha, classic villa fans.

All round performances in the last 3 vs. Sunderland, Arse & Plop have been much more like it though. The focus is back, I reckon he'll be aiming for around 15 league goals to take into the WC

The media are already at it with Spurs, we will get this until the day he leaves as they really don't seem to want him to stay at Villa lol.

Stuff them, we will enjoy watching him play until the day a someone pays Villa the clubs valuation. Personally I would start at 30m and go up from there.

My only concern is the quality that Lambert will replace him with, yes I know that Lambert brought Benteke but he also has brought players like Kozak, Bowery, Westwood, Lowton, KEA, Luna and several others who have yet to convince that they are good enough.

My only concern is the quality that Lambert will replace him with, yes I know that Lambert brought Benteke but he also has brought players like Kozak, Bowery, Westwood, Lowton, KEA, Luna and several others who have yet to convince that they are good enough.

Kozak looks good enough, he's just a very different striker to Benteke so we'd need to set the team up a certain way to get the best out of him. Bowery will probably never be anything approaching premier league standard but he has cost us basically nothing in fee and wages so it's no big deal. I think Westwood, Lowton and KEA are all good enough when in form, they've just been a little inconsistent this season, as have the whole team. Luna is an enigma, looked great in his first few games but has been absolutely awful for a while now, Bertrand is an obvious step up in quality. Will give Luna the benefit of the doubt though, it's his first season in this league and at 23 he has plenty of time to improve. Maybe he'd be better off further up the pitch as, like Bennett, he looks much better going forwards than at the back.

• Like 1

The media are already at it with Spurs, we will get this until the day he leaves as they really don't seem to want him to stay at Villa lol.

Stuff them, we will enjoy watching him play until the day a someone pays Villa the clubs valuation. Personally I would start at 30m and go up from there.

Kozak aside all of those players cost hardly anything.

To be fair, passing it back to the thrower first time is the hardest skill in football.

It's definitely not

Yeah, i remember training when younger we'd always throw to one another and have to lay it off back to the thrower, right foot, the left foot and it was always pretty straight forward to cushion it to feet. Its different in a match scenario with pressure from opponents, but still not a hard skill

Kozak looks good enough

Kozak looks barely good enough to be a back up player. If Benteke goes I'd hope a good amount of money is spent on his replacement to keep kozak as a back up player.

Putting you massive over exaggeration of Kozak (our second highest goal scorer) a side, I've no doubt that Benteke would be replaced.

Mel told the Birmingham Mail: "I actually asked Betis to buy Benteke last June, but he was very expensive. "He is a well-known player in Spain, like (Victor) Anichebe, a player who is respected and players who are of high value.

"In Spain we played with a system using wingers. We needed someone in the middle to put the ball in the net and this was the role we had in mind for Benteke."

tumblr_m0fjqxkbEd1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Edited by samjp26

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â