Christian Benteke

Kwan

I wonder if they have a sell on clause.

they do supposedly

Do you mean new contracts to Lowton, Westwood, Weimann etc? Wasn't it said that Benteke's contract doesn't have sell on clause.

No, do Genk have a sell on clause is what was asked, i.e. they get £3m if we sell for £30m if it's at 10%. It wouldn't be in Benteke's contract, it would've been part of the "fee" we paid to Genk.

'I think that paying more than 7m really is very expensive. It represents business of the century for Genk.... Aston Villa are mad'

This is great. :D

Wonder what they think of him now.....and us for that matter?

they do supposedly

Do you mean new contracts to Lowton, Westwood, Weimann etc? Wasn't it said that Benteke's contract doesn't have sell on clause.

No, do Genk have a sell on clause is what was asked, i.e. they get £3m if we sell for £30m if it's at 10%. It wouldn't be in Benteke's contract, it would've been part of the "fee" we paid to Genk.

Correct. Belgian guy posted an article from his home land that confirmed it existence using a funny looking word

they do supposedly
Correct. Belgian guy posted an article from his home land that confirmed it existence using a funny looking word
I remember the post believing there was a sell-on cause, although it wasn't officially confirmed.

Also the sell-on percentage or figure wasn't stated which is kind of important!

5% or a maximum of £2m? Pah, peanuts!

25% without a maximum? That's a lot to give up!

Even when CB is sold, there's a chance the exact figures won't be confirmed, so there's probably little point in guessing anyway.

I just hope a club doesn't meet his value to Villa next summer. I can't see it but it happened this summer and another season would be great for us. :)

Well yeah, that was sort of the point I was making.

It could go two ways. he could carry on missing sitters all season, or he could start to bury a few and get some goals.

I think (or maybe it's hope) it'll be the latter. I guess we can only wait and see.

I'd agree with Mike that he should be brought off the bench for now rather than Bent though.

I completely agree. I play sunday league - I reckon my positional play is also decent... doesn't mean I can score goals against premiership keepers if I was given the chance.

He has potential but his decision making has been terrible at times and finishing has also been poor.

He will be doing well to get 10 goals in the league. You can quote me at the end of the season!

Ideal impact player though. He's like a good Emile Heskey in a way. But good. And with potential.

If we're on old post watch ;) 

Around page 64 is where Benteke was having a bit of a rough patch at the start. Some comments are a tiny bit premature but tbf we've all made harsh and overreactive calls on this forum at some point.

Scotland v Belgium: Russell Martin relishes Christian Benteke tussle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23953673

While Martin was dropped to the Norwich bench for Saturday's 1-0 win over Southampton, Benteke has continued his promise of last season by scoring four goals in as many games for Aston Villa this term.

"There's a lot of good strikers in the Premier League, but at this minute in time he's probably right up there with the best strikers in Europe," said the Norwich defender.

"He is a world-class player and he's a physical player as well."

Time to remove Russell Martin from your fantasy league teams if you have him, 'tussling' with Benteke is never a good idea.

Thanks for the warning!

Anyway, I can remember the wise words of a Blose workmate the day after his debut last season, "he looks shit".  :D

they do supposedly

doorverkooppercentage? :P

btw about the sceptic genk fans 7 million is a heck of money in belgium and about that they said he is shit etc u know at that moment they wer frustrated that he leaved and u  know how it goes when a player is leaving the fans talk him down of frustration. i saw it here aswell when he demanded that tranferrequest some ppl here were  starting to doubt his talent. its just the way it goes. dont mind it :)

i am also sorry i was a little inactive school just started again i don't have much time :s

Â