Christian Benteke

Kwan

So he's still here then eh Morpheus?

Maybe you can try to worry everyone by saying he'll be off in January now instead......

I don't know why you're so sure he's still here. Maybe someone signed him and just didn't announce it. I for one (and Morpheus for two) won't be sure he's staying unless he kicks off against Newcastle.

Maybe you can try to worry everyone by saying he'll be off in January now instead......

I don't know why you're so sure he's still here. Maybe someone signed him and just didn't announce it. I for one (and Morpheus for two) won't be sure he's staying unless he kicks off against Newcastle.

Not sure if serious....?

WTF are you on about ?

I think that's the most obviously sarcastic post in some time, ArteSuave isn't one of the "quick, panic" users on here and of course Benteke would've stayed etc. No chance he's leaving before the World Cup for me.

Someone might come in for him if he is sitting on 20 league goals in January. That's the reality if he keeps performing the same way as he has done this year.

They'd have to pay at least £50m, possibly much higher, £70m. 

Chelsea and Arsenal might need a striker for the final push to the title. Everton have Lukaku on season loan and Giroud doesn't have a back-up (unless you'd consider Bendtner adequate back-up).

Man City should have enough strikers, but Utd could come in if Van Persie gets injured. Although if City are involved in the chase with Utd they could buy Benteke to stop him going to Utd.

We could get a massively inflated price for Benteke in January, so it is a realistic scenario we'll be looking for a new striker earlier than next summer. Another reason to get Kozak in now, I guess.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Anyone coming in for him should be expected to pay stupid money for him

Bale sold at £85 million

Fellaini sold at £27.5 milion

If our boy is still smashing in goals in Jan, then its time for us to rinse someone's bank account, clean out!!!!

Will Arsenal have any more cash to splash out? Will they want to after signing a cheque for 40million... hmmmm unlikey

Chelsea? They may be after Drogba-like player....

Utd. Na. Can't see them coming in for him

Man City. Defo have cash.

Spurs....? 

Maybe he'll attract attention from aboard!

All I know is that if the lad has a repeat of last season, then we could be looking at £40-50million for him.... maybe more?!?!

I don't doubt someone will come in for him.  In fact I'd be surprised if they didn't.  Within reason though, I can't see Lambert letting it disrupt our plans.  The chat he had with Benteke to bring about his transfer request U-turn surely had some kind of guarantee that we'll get the season out of him and then let him go.  It would take a preposterous bid in January to get him.  Something approaching the 40 mark I imagine, and if someone does actually do that then I suppose all bets are off.  But that's a very unlikely scenario IMHO.

I don't doubt someone will come in for him.  In fact I'd be surprised if they didn't.  Within reason though, I can't see Lambert letting it disrupt our plans.  The chat he had with Benteke to bring about his transfer request U-turn surely had some kind of guarantee that we'll get the season out of him and then let him go.  It would take a preposterous bid in January to get him.  Something approaching the 40 mark I imagine, and if someone does actually do that then I suppose all bets are off.  But that's a very unlikely scenario IMHO.

January is notorious for clubs having to pay well over the odds for players. Lambert has been wise enough to bring in a striker in the mould of Benteke who now has at least the best part of 4 months to adjust to the premier league without the pressure of being the main striker.

As much as I'd hate to lose Benteke in January, if someone does offer ridiculous money, and provided we've secured our premier league status then maybe Lambert might sanction a deal. I agree with BOF that he'll be gone before the start of next season so if it suits us to cash in early then so be it. 

I'm following the general mood of this thread. 

Benteke will continue to play well for us and score goals. I'm sure someone will bid for him in January. I'm sure Lambert has told Benteke he can leave this summer. I'm sure we've signed Kozak as Benteke's replacement. 

All in all, we're quids in. We have a very good player scoring goals for us, and when he leaves, it will have to be a for a monumental fee. 

a little OT, but funny how United supporters think Anderson should be 85, and Evans 86 (!!!!) 

http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/262724/2401699.aspx

I find it Hilarious how they think Nani should be 88

Edit: actually it seems only 1 of them think he should be 88, rest are lower.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â