Christian Benteke

Kwan

There's no real reason to attack anything I think - Spurs are doing what they should be doing at the moment, get the best deal for Spurs that they can and sod Villa, We're doing what we should be doing at the moment, get the best deal for Villa that we can and sod Spurs and Benteke is trying to find a club that might give him a higher profile, a bigger wage and a chance to perform on to a wider audience - I sincerely believe that all of the contract negotiations with Spurs are complete and have been complete for some time, that's why we aren't seeing other bids - i think this puts Benteke in a weaker position than either Spurs or Villa - the real risk is for him right now.

If this is the case OBE why not just announce it and start the move for another player? 

Or is the delay timed so we can negotiate for Benteke's replacement without having the piss taken out of us over price? 

Oh. I appear to have answered my own question. 

I don't think the negotiations between us and Spurs are finished, not by a long chalk. I think the negotiations between Benteke and Spurs are finished, I think they've gone ahead and done that.

Would that be legal?

IIRC no it most certainly is not. Spurs need express permission to embark on contract talks with our player and if that has not happened and an agreement made we should be complaining loudly and repeatedly to the FA. 

Any club doing this to Bale would have Spurs and their fans in utter uproar. It should be no different for us. 

Hopefully if the deal is already done we have the replacement(s) lined up and we can bring them in straight away. 

Nah i predict that clubs will be aware we will have alot of money to spend and leave us hanging till deadline day for the most money they can get when were desperate ofc

what I find a little bizarre is the way both sets of fans are arguing almost as if their arguments are having some bearing on the actual negotiations. Doesn't really matter a toss what anyone thinks he is worth apart from Randy and Levy.

• Like 4

I'll drive him down to Spuds myself if we agree a fee of over £25 mill

You'll pick him up and he'll immediately tell you how he prefers someone else's car. He'll bang on about how, as a kid, he always liked the other car, and how his boyhood hero drove one.

Then, once you're a quarter of the way down, he'll probably want to be given a lift by someone else because his agent has told him that he should. If you don't agree then he'll get out and sit at the road-side, sulking, and being totally ungrateful that you offered him a lift in the first place.

• Like 3

There's no real reason to attack anything I think - Spurs are doing what they should be doing at the moment, get the best deal for Spurs that they can and sod Villa, We're doing what we should be doing at the moment, get the best deal for Villa that we can and sod Spurs and Benteke is trying to find a club that might give him a higher profile, a bigger wage and a chance to perform on to a wider audience - I sincerely believe that all of the contract negotiations with Spurs are complete and have been complete for some time, that's why we aren't seeing other bids - i think this puts Benteke in a weaker position than either Spurs or Villa - the real risk is for him right now.

If this is the case OBE why not just announce it and start the move for another player? 

Or is the delay timed so we can negotiate for Benteke's replacement without having the piss taken out of us over price? 

Oh. I appear to have answered my own question. 

I don't think the negotiations between us and Spurs are finished, not by a long chalk. I think the negotiations between Benteke and Spurs are finished, I think they've gone ahead and done that.

Would that be legal?

Legal? No.

Ethical? No.

Does it happen? Damn straight.

Has it happened? Wouldn't surprise me one whit. I'd be more surprised if it hasn't considering the slime that is Kismet and Levy.

Hilarious how he's spent almost a year telling everyone how he loves Arsenal, but now he's desperate to play for their most bitter rivals.

I'm sure his IQ is lower than his goal total last season.

Claptrap!

He mentioned liking them when he was growing up ONCE from memory. How does that constitute spending a year telling everyone he loves them ?

Get a grip man.

• Like 1

Imagine if we somehow kept him and he scored another 19 PL goals next season . What's his value likely to be then ? £45m as a starting point ?

I alluded to this very point several days ago. If we sell him for £22m-£25m then the purchaser will make another massive profit on him within a season and i'd rather that be us than Spurs or anyone else. 

Yeah, that would be awesome, but he is a guy that likes to throw his toys out and go on strike when he doesn't get what he wants. He wants London, and if he doesn't get it he'll stir up a shitstorm at least until the window closes and probably won't be back until it's dead certain that he isn't leaving. Then what?

It's a world cup year,  would he go on strike potentially costing his place in the Belgium team?

You know what? I think he would. At least until the window closes. Just a guess obviously, but the guy has a history and we probably have to act on what we know, not what might be. And if a £22 mil offer has been made, we know someone is willing to pay that now. Yes, he might bang in 20 PL goals for Spurs and then move to City for £45 next year after once again threatening to strike. But that's a what-if. We just don't know.

One would hope if we don't receive an acceptable offer to the club and Benteke throws his rattle out of the pram both the manager and chairman will make it abundantly clear that AVFC isn't Genk and Benteke subsequently finds himself playing for the stiffs.

Hilarious how he's spent almost a year telling everyone how he loves Arsenal, but now he's desperate to play for their most bitter rivals.

Claptrap!

He mentioned liking them when he was growing up ONCE from memory. How does that constitute spending a year telling everyone he loves them ?

Get a grip man.

you right man i also get tired of the bashing.

i reckon this will drag until final day of window unfortuantely

In that case can we lock the thread until then?

No, I'd advise just not clicking into it.

Claptrap!

Get a grip man.

you right man i also get tired of the bashing.

So your saying that Christian doesn't deserve the bashing?

I don't understand how some Spurs fans can question our pricing of our star player when some have their current star player rated at anything from £80m to £130m. Bale is in the same position Benteke is in, if you compare who is chasing him. He can stay at Spurs and maybe get Champions League football again, or, he can go to Real Madrid and be guaranteed not only playing CL football each season but also having a very good chance of winning it! He would be guaranteed winning at least one medal each season, you'd think. Whereas at Spurs he might make a final of a domestic competition every now and then.

You have to compare what Benteke's value is to Villa. He is our star player and we would have been relegated if it wasn't for his goals and assists last season. That makes him priceless to us and for him to be prised away from us we should be given a substantial amount of money to compensate us for our loss. Bale cost you guys around £10m but Real aren't saying "well you only paid £10m for him so we'll give you £30m and you should be happy to triple your outlay". Just because we paid £7m for Benteke and he has only played one season, it doesn't mean we should be happy to just double or even treble our outlay.

Remember that Bale wasn't the player he is now when he first joined you, he was a raw talent and needed time to develop. Benteke has hit the ground running for us and the sky is the limit for the guy. If he does join Spurs and bangs in 20+ goals and they get into the following season's CL, how much will that have made Spurs in revenue? I am sure that would be priceless to them! If he did score 20+ goals for Spurs and then went on to bang goals in against the top teams in the CL, how much would Spurs value him at if the likes of Barca, Real or Bayern came knocking for him? We sell him for £20m and then Spurs go and sell him for £50m+ in 2 years time and then go even further away from us in terms of financial position. All ifs and buts but it was a big IF and BUT whether he would actually be any good when we took the risk of spending £7m on him last season!

The only way I would allow him to join any club not involved in CL football already for less than £25m is if there was a clause included that said the buying club have to pay Villa £5m with immediate effect if they qualify for CL football whilst Benteke plays for them! In fact, I would even go as far as saying that any buying club should also pay us 10% of any future sell-on fee.

I am sick of us not being able to build a decent side because of the so-called bigger clubs wanting our star players. if Spurs are a big club they should show it and put their money where their mouth is, like the big boys do!

Cracking post, that sums it up completely.

Simple fact is Spurs want to apply one set of rules to Bale and another to Benteke, utter utter hypocrisy.

Neither Spurs or Villa fans get to set the price or apply rules. For some reason some people in this thread have acted as if we are negotiating price and reacted very negatively. As Toela said, it came across as weird and has prevented a proper discussion. There is a fraudulent tone that still exists as if posters think that those involved in the deal are influenced by what is posted here. This could have been interesting discussion about how transfers really work and the power held by players and agents. But if anyone were to try and point out the real points of influence in this deal, half the posters here would go crazy. I don't see why, as it wont influence anything, as everyone involved in the deal know the score and in my opinion this deal was well under way before it was announced Benteke had handed in a transfer request.

I don't understand how some Spurs fans can question our pricing of our star player when some have their current star player rated at anything from £80m to £130m. Bale is in the same position Benteke is in, if you compare who is chasing him. He can stay at Spurs and maybe get Champions League football again, or, he can go to Real Madrid and be guaranteed not only playing CL football each season but also having a very good chance of winning it! He would be guaranteed winning at least one medal each season, you'd think. Whereas at Spurs he might make a final of a domestic competition every now and then.

You have to compare what Benteke's value is to Villa. He is our star player and we would have been relegated if it wasn't for his goals and assists last season. That makes him priceless to us and for him to be prised away from us we should be given a substantial amount of money to compensate us for our loss. Bale cost you guys around £10m but Real aren't saying "well you only paid £10m for him so we'll give you £30m and you should be happy to triple your outlay". Just because we paid £7m for Benteke and he has only played one season, it doesn't mean we should be happy to just double or even treble our outlay.

Remember that Bale wasn't the player he is now when he first joined you, he was a raw talent and needed time to develop. Benteke has hit the ground running for us and the sky is the limit for the guy. If he does join Spurs and bangs in 20+ goals and they get into the following season's CL, how much will that have made Spurs in revenue? I am sure that would be priceless to them! If he did score 20+ goals for Spurs and then went on to bang goals in against the top teams in the CL, how much would Spurs value him at if the likes of Barca, Real or Bayern came knocking for him? We sell him for £20m and then Spurs go and sell him for £50m+ in 2 years time and then go even further away from us in terms of financial position. All ifs and buts but it was a big IF and BUT whether he would actually be any good when we took the risk of spending £7m on him last season!

The only way I would allow him to join any club not involved in CL football already for less than £25m is if there was a clause included that said the buying club have to pay Villa £5m with immediate effect if they qualify for CL football whilst Benteke plays for them! In fact, I would even go as far as saying that any buying club should also pay us 10% of any future sell-on fee.

I am sick of us not being able to build a decent side because of the so-called bigger clubs wanting our star players. if Spurs are a big club they should show it and put their money where their mouth is, like the big boys do!

Cracking post, that sums it up completely.

Simple fact is Spurs want to apply one set of rules to Bale and another to Benteke, utter utter hypocrisy.

Neither Spurs or Villa fans get to set the price or apply rules. For some reason some people in this thread have acted as if we are negotiating price and reacted very negatively. As Toela said, it came across as weird and has prevented a proper discussion. There is a fraudulent tone that still exists as if posters think that those involved in the deal are influenced by what is posted here. This could have been interesting discussion about how transfers really work and the power held by players and agents. But if anyone were to try and point out the real points of influence in this deal, half the posters here would go crazy. I don't see why, as it wont influence anything, as everyone involved in the deal know the score and in my opinion this deal was well under way before it was announced Benteke had handed in a transfer request.

What is weird is despite you explicitly stating you would not post on here again, you have returned at least twice to my knowledge since that.

Even odder is your apparent compulsion to come back to patronise the posters on here regarding what they post and how they do so, utterly deluding yourself that anyone cares what you think on that subject. To use your argument, "I don't see why, as it won't influence anything".

• Like 1

i reckon this will drag until final day of window unfortuantely

Have to agree here unfortunately.

Well as long as we have a replacement already then let it...Benteke can train with the kids until he does fook off

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â