Christian Benteke

Kwan

It would be odd for him to be training yesterday and today he all of a sudden has a cold that stops him from flying out. Even with the sniffles, he wouldn't be playing until at least midweek, it wouldn't affect anything.

Hmm.

Agree. If true.

Somebody now (not a Villa fan I dont think) on Twitter saying he met Benteke earlier. Somebody asked where did you meet him, he said at B'ham International, then same person asked was he with the team and was told he was alone and in his regular clothes.

Very weird. This is going to be a long few months.

I find it strange that those who perceive Lambert to be great in the transfer market are seemingly drowning in the brown stuff at the thought of Benteke leaving.

I thought you had faith in the manager? 

• Like 1

I don't think Spurs are quite the big move he would want...don't have a big international profile like Arsenal or Chelsea, and aren't in the CL this year. 

I think he's gonna sign on the line which is dotted for Aston Villa

I find it strange that those who perceive Lambert to be great in the transfer market are seemingly drowning in the brown stuff at the thought of Benteke leaving.

We want to build a team, not to keep replacing players.

Same reason Man U fans were worried when they lost Ronaldo, nobody likes to think of losing their best player.

It is possible to have faith in a manager but still be concerned about the potential departure of the top goal scorer.

• Like 1

We want to build a team, not to keep replacing players.

While i wholeheartedly agree with you i don't think it's possible for a club of our standing at the moment to do that by keeping hold of our best players even if we offer fantastic wages. 

Same reason Man U fans were worried when they lost Ronaldo, nobody likes to think of losing their best player.

It is possible to have faith in a manager but still be concerned about the potential departure of the top goal scorer.

My point was that faith in the manager should be enough to expect him to replace Benteke with similar quality.

My point was that faith in the manager should be enough to expect him to replace Benteke with similar quality.

And the implication being that people don't really have faith in him or that their faith is misguided or something along those lines. I got the jisy of your point.

My point reply answers this, it is possible to have faith in the manager and still be concerned about the prospect of such a departure.

The last time we got some big transfer money, not a lot was spent replacing what we lost. The worry for me is the same will happen.

I hope the stuff about him not going to Germany is all nonsense.

If he hasn't gone, it'll just start all the conspiracy theories and rumours of him being sold.

I hope the stuff about him not going to Germany is all nonsense.

If he hasn't gone, it'll just start all the conspiracy theories and rumours of him being sold.

To be fair, if he hasn't gone then I think it's pretty nailed on that he'll be sold

He's in Germany according to the reliable villa pages on twitter.

Apparently did travel separately from the team though. Maybe being around "permanently on holiday" Zoggy so much has made him only want to fly via private jet.

I think he will go and I think he will go for around £20m, not what people want to hear or want to believe but that is what I think will happen.

I think you are probably right although I think it will be closer to £25m.

Some of the valuations on here are laughable.

Of course any fan can be concerned about losing a player especially a very good one but many have stated on here that they have faith in the manager to do well in the transfer market so that faith should then translate into Lambert replacing Benteke with similar quality.

On a positive note, maybe Benteke did travel seperately, as he was having his pictures taken for the OS announcement tomorrow regarding his contract extension, followed by "Benteke week".

Yes, one can hope, lets see what happens anyway f**k it.

What makes you think he wants to go? For someone who supposedly wants to leave he's doing a pretty good job of hiding it.

For someone who supposedly wants to stay he's doing a pretty good job of hiding it.
I still say he's open to all opportunities
Wouldnt that indicate that he may not want to stay?

Woodytom, I went to reply with my own words but read that Mantis had put it perfectly, thus:

he's happy to stay but open to leaving if the right offer comes in.

Can you explain why this circumstance appears not to be even a consideration to you?

It has

If a bid of around 20m is made and he really wants to leave can the club really stand in his way? I'd be annoyed if the funds wernt reinvested.

The thing is we have probably already in effect reinvested half of it.

Of course any fan can be concerned about losing a player especially a very good one but many have stated on here that they have faith in the manager to do well in the transfer market so that faith should then translate into Lambert replacing Benteke with similar quality.

I've answered this, I'm not going to repeat myself as there is no point.

It is a pretty weak argument, you never want to see your best players leave regardless of a managers ability to replace them because you want progression. You want a team to develop. Benteke took a few months to settle, leading to a few premature predictions as I'm sure you recall.

If he goes, even if Lambert replaces him with a player of the same ability it could well take a few months for him to find his feet as opposed to a player who is already adjusted. Not to mention the rest of the team is set up to play to him and accustomed to getting the best of him.

So it really isn't as simple as you are trying to make out for the purposes of trying to discredit those who have belief in the manager but are concerned about Benteke's future.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â