I really don't know why they bother doing these faux natural things. The guys 'playing' BF4 right now sound absolutely nothing like they're actually playing a game.

It's actually worse than the horrible staged 'natural conversations' they have with guests.

I really don't know why they bother doing these faux natural things. The guys 'playing' BF4 right now sound absolutely nothing like they're actually playing a game.

It's actually worse than the horrible staged 'natural conversations' they have with guests.

If you've played in a clan match on BF3, you'd know how wrong you were.  

Yes there was dramatical effect put in, but saying stuff like 'get out of the building, it's coming down!' or 'Give me cover on the left' or 'get me a heli strike on Delta' - is not new. 

There was some nice stuff in there. At least they showed some actual gameplay, an improvement over other nonsense in this conference so far.

I hope that they expand on the destruction in the environment. Bringing the tank down from underneath was a good touch

If you've played in a clan match on BF3, you'd know how wrong you were.  

Yes there was dramatical effect put in, but saying stuff like 'get out of the building, it's coming down!' or 'Give me cover on the left' or 'get me a heli strike on Delta' - is not new. 

I don't doubt that what they were saying was 'game accurate', but I'm not at all convinced people actually sound that rehearsed when actually playing. Because they don't.

The whole thing was scripted as all hell. They may as well have shown a video. Well, they pretty much did...

That was shite.

You didn't like any of it? Not even the Battlefield stuff?

Nope

I don't play Battlefield. Even if I did I think I'd still be tired of modern warfare bang bang shooty stuff. It's all so homogenised, dull grey affairs that don't excite.

That was shite.

Nope

I don't play Battlefield. Even if I did I think I'd still be tired of modern warfare bang bang shooty stuff. It's all so homogenised, dull grey affairs that don't excite.

What are you looking for then? What kind of game is going to wow you?

I agree to some extent, the tank being dragged down, whilst obviously for dramatic effect, shows that you CAN actually do it, regardless of the cheesiness.

And of course, during the underground shootout, the guy controlling the player we saw would have been killed 10 times over, but where's the fun in looking at a spawn screen for 10 seconds every time he died?

the mere fact they showed 64 real people playing (albeit with dramatic effect) a multiplayer game, I think deserves a lot of credit - especially the way they made it look excited, that must be incredibly hard to do.

BF4 looked amazing, but I wonder if the building falling was because it was being shot or was it an event that will happens every time?

Exactly the same as I thought.  Wish I'd seen the ticket count, just to make sure it's not caspian border mark II.

That was shite.

Nope

What are you looking for then? What kind of game is going to wow you?

Something new, something that appeals to the gamer I was when I was 12, something exciting. Instead everything we get is either in the 'Yo Bro!' category (99% of that EA conference, all the CODs and FIFAs) or 'Kidcool' category - basically summed up by stuff like Skylanders and a lesser extent whatever the **** that Insomiac thing was.

In the 2 conferences so far, only the Witcher 3 has piqued my interest and thats hardly earth shattering stuff - just a well made, none bullshit filled, attractive little RPG building on a solid foundation forged 3 years ago with Witcher 2's announcement.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â