Jores Okore

Jesperchr

19 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is one decision that I'm starting to majorly question Garde over. 

I'm wondering if something happened behind the scenes with his comments to the press, or if he's being taken out of the firing line as Garde would actually quite like to keep him. Okore probably hasn't had enough continuous playing time to fully acclimatise himself to the on field Atmosphere of Apathy TM.

edit: or if he's got a slight injury so we have to play both Richards and Clark to compensate, and since he's the only other CB we have he has make the bench.

Edited by a m ole

i don't understand how players like Okore and Gil get dropped when you can't really accuse them of being awful or lack of effort, even if neither is necessarily that good.

we have gone from awful to utterly diabolical since they've been dropped.

If Garde took exception to Okore's dumb comments then surely the antics of Lescott should have meritted him being dropped, with car tweets and gum gate.

Edited by VillanousOne

You could argue that Richards had some kind of negative involvement in all four City goals. I got criticised by a few on here for questioning him playing at CB and has Captain, earlier in the season. He's just not good enough and seems like he can't be bothered. He should be stripped of the Captaincy immediately and be deployed back at right back or out of the team. 

presumably today's performance has put paid to the myth he's the best defender at the club ?

yeah yeah I know today is but one game but nothing highlighted his lack of reading a game and his positioning ( that I've always criticised him for ) than today 

another one in the get rid off list for the end of the season  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okore apparently says he would stay next season if he were to play regularly. 

Not the most reliable source (gigantic understatement alert) but he's quoted from a report in a Danish paper. 

For what it's worth, I'd keep him. If he can stay injury free and play in a settled team, could become a very useful player for us next season. 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/22/jores-okore-says-he-will-happily-stay-with-aston-villa-in-champi/

Hell yes. Having Okore in the championship is really good if we hope to get promoted. He has already proven he can cut it in premier league, so he will hopefully boss the championship. Plus baker has been doing well and Clark surely is good enough. Maybe we can promote Donacian or get another center back and we'd be set in that spot at least. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Okore apparently says he would stay next season if he were to play regularly. 

Not the most reliable source (gigantic understatement alert) but he's quoted from a report in a Danish paper. 

For what it's worth, I'd keep him. If he can stay injury free and play in a settled team, could become a very useful player for us next season. 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/22/jores-okore-says-he-will-happily-stay-with-aston-villa-in-champi/

So a player who thinks he is better than he is wants a guarantee of first team football.

Who does he think he is - Gabby Agbonlahor?

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

So a player who thinks he is better than he is wants a guarantee of first team football.

Who does he think he is - Gabby Agbonlahor?

I agree, Lerner Out!!

In all seriousness though, Gabby knows he's a shit footballer. It's those above him that are confused.

if the club can ship out richards and lescott in the summer, then thats a sign okore will stay (if they club dont be morons and sell him)

okore might not be up there with mellberg, laursen, staunton or southgate but hes good enough for the championship

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

There's no direct quotes from Okore about wanting guaranteed first team football in the Danish original article. In short, he says that he wants to play football and hopes he may play more next season than he has this season. And if he is allowed to do that - and the club wants him to stay - he'd like to stay.

I watched Okore warm up on Saturday and he just went through the motions. I know he was a sub but surely you'd try and be as professional as possible to get across to the coaches you want to play? His attitude stunk and he's a player I like and have big hopes for but he seems to be doing a lot of media at the moment that doesn't shine him I a good light. Up until the LFC game he'd looked solid then he spouts off to the press and had his worst game for us surely that'd register so you'd get your head down and work hard? 

48 minutes ago, TB said:

There's no direct quotes from Okore about wanting guaranteed first team football in the Danish original article. In short, he says that he wants to play football and hopes he may play more next season than he has this season. And if he is allowed to do that - and the club wants him to stay - he'd like to stay.

What he has said, and you have quoted, means exactly that. There is also the implied threat that if he does not get it he will move on.

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

What he has said, and you have quoted, means exactly that. There is also the implied threat that if he does not get it he will move on.

It seems that I'm not as good at translating as I thought. That's not the impression I get from the Danish article. But I confess that I've been translating from one non-native language to another, and might have missed out on some crucial nuances. 

I do find it funny, though, that some players are criticized for being happy just to sit on the bench and collect their wages, whereas others are given grief for wanting to play, thus considering a possible move in order to get more time on the pitch, if the next manager at his current club doesn't rate him. And it's perfectly clear that he doesn't even know whether the club actually will want him to stay or not. Hardly a threat, implied or otherwise.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â