Drugs

PussEKatt

To attempt to make a moral judgement is wrong and unproductive but we can still make the judgement call as to whether one choice is better than another.

For my benefit, what's the difference between making a moral judgement and making a judgement call?

It would be the difference between saying that having unprotected sex with a heroin-using hooker is wrong because it is immoral and a judgement call as to whether you thought it was an unwise choice to make, or not.

I'm still stuck.

Is it the word 'moral' that's a problem? Or considering consequences beyond one's self? As in considering whether the other person is acting out of free will?

I'd happily say it's very likely immoral to get with a junky prostitute, for instance if she was likely doing it out of unwilling necessity and doom laden back story.

I was attempting to separate moral judgements based upon moral prescriptions - lust, gluttony etc - from judgements based upon predictable possible negative consequences.

Two entirely different kinds of judgements, I think.

I know completely where you are coming from. For a while in my teens I was addicted to iced gems. Couldn't get enough of them. I managed to ween myself off them though. Stay strong.

Seriously though, good luck sorting yourself out Rugeley  :)

• Like 2

i got off this topic last night as things were getting a bit out of hand but i respect everyones views. i think i really need to search within myself to see what i really want, im out all saturday day and night with other people that use recretionally so i know what saturday will bring. some will say knock saturday on the head and i have thought about it but until i get something solid in place im always going to take cocaine. anyway thanks for your input lads.

Just be careful mate. You've talked about other things regarding your missus and she could use drug use against you in the future. (in a legal sense) You're a top bloke and I'd hate for anything to happen to you.

• Like 1

I definitely think that Ruge would benefit from some counselling.

He seems to be stuck in a cycle of transgressive behaviour(s), which probably has some deep roots.

I can't see how he can make much progress on this forum because the approval he gets for his every revelation of a transgressive act is more likely to reinforce the cycle rather extinguish it. 

I am not sure that anyone is likely to be able to lead him towards some insight into his own behaviour because this is definitely not a 'safe' place.

Everyone brings their own shit to the table, which is very interesting but not really helpful.

He might in fact, not really want to give up his coke habit but just wish every experience was a good one.

He probably needs to find this out.

been counselling twice, also been put on two drug treatment/counselling kind of things twice by the courts. been to a psychiatrist as well when i self harmed a few years back, been to AA once but walked out halfway through. my problem is i dont stick to things even though i enjoy going and it helps me to talk about my addiction. im always after a quick fix and it dont exist.

Just be careful mate. You've talked about other things regarding your missus and she could use drug use against you in the future. (in a legal sense) You're a top bloke and I'd hate for anything to happen to you.

she already has in the past ha

Just think about that as motivation. You seem like a really great dad with a tonne of love to give to your kids.

yeah i am a good dad but obviously when they are older i dont want them see their poor old dad coked up all the time ha. would hate to think my lad went down the same path because of me.

Gheeeeeey!

Shush you or I'll kick you out of the crew.

you tell him stefan  :)

well i can and i cant if you get my drift, i earn a decent wage bringing in just under £500  a week but with bills,kids to pay and support and with other stuff like social life going to the villa etc etc sometimes there ay a lot left.

Not wanting to sound like a div ruge, but you don't have a mortgage do ya bud?

Maybe that's how he can afford the coke?

If so, the cure to your addiction is a lifelong loan to a bank! :lol:

nah bro but its something we have looked at in the past and at somepoint in the future im sure i will have. i can be really good with money but flip the coin and i can be reckless when it comes to my vices. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â