Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Not entirely sure what magic he's performing in training, but it's certainly not being brought onto the pitch. At the moment he's lacking in awareness and watching play before sprinting after the ball like a dog. If he gets the ball, then it's either the N'Zogbia classic of run quickly and shin the ball straight into the opposition, or look down at the ball and try and kick it as hard as you can in the vague direction of the goal, which normally results in a scuffed passback to the keeper, or a rocket into row ZZ.

The fact he is so bad, gives me the impression he'll either continue to be abysmal, or will turn out to be absolutely brilliant.

Can't really articulate why... I just definitely can't see him being a run of the mill average player.  :huh:

Want to give him time but he was woeful today at one point from a pass he found himself on the touchline with the ball the defender a good 6ft away moved to close him down his first touch was to knock it onto the defender.Useless

Also I have to agree Bannan would have more of an influence on the team right now than Tonev

He cost £2.5m, hes 22/23 in his 1st season, i'm not going to get too disappointed if he fails.What i am disappointed in , is the fact that we expect/want/hope this signing to make a difference.

PL has made too many signings for the future, he needs to insist on backing now.

I really wanted him to do well but he's just not good enough, like several of our players. I wouldn't give up on him just yet, but he shouldn't start v Palace. Bench him and bring him on for 20 mins if we need to.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â