Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

Have to say apart from an early shot he was pretty awful in most aspects. Still think he might come good but not  starter for me if Weimann is fit. Weimann might shoot widely at times but he offers so  much more to the team.

Thought he had gotten a little bit better each time but this time it was back to square one. I don`t think this guy will be ready yet for quite some time. Looks really off on many levels. Still see some potential but not nearly good enough for first 11. Not writing him off however...

Kind of reminds me of that time when Southampton signed George Weah's supposed cousin, Ali Dia.

He is purchased by a Premier League-club and obviously should be up to standards somehow, but I wouldn't pick him for my 8th Division Norwegian League team.

It's not just his stupid shooting or lack of attacking contribution, but his tactical understanding and defensive work is of a Lower League-player. Unfortunately.

I really don't think he was that bad. For the first 20 minutes he was our best player I thought: Fast, and had three shots on target. After that he was rubbish, but so was the rest of the midfield really.

He should be a sub, though, and he will be once Gabby and Weimann are properly fit.

I really don't think he was that bad. For the first 20 minutes he was our best player I thought: Fast, and had three shots on target. After that he was rubbish, but so was the rest of the midfield really.

He should be a sub, though, and he will be once Gabby and Weimann are properly fit.

I thought that too. He's done o.k in the last two home games imo, probably away games are too much for him at this moment in time.

He does no worse than CNZ on shooting at goal at every opportunity.

Hilariously bad player. Lol. Who the hell scouted this clown ?

I would usually be tempted to criticise calling someone 'hilariously bad' but he actually is. His shooting is genuinely funny (and hair-tearingly frustrating in equal measure)

I didn't think he was terrible. Our most lively player in the first half. His shooting still is poor but it's not like Weimann's is any improvement at the moment is it? I'd still have him over Weimann for the next game.

I know loads of people will say hes just arrived, give him a chance but theres no denying so far he's been horrific. Genuinely terrible player at the moment it has to be said.

He never looks in control its always hasty and frantic and for someone with such an awful shot he backs himself far too much. Hopefully a year or two at bodymoor with good coaches can turn him into a decent player but for me he is miles away from villa standard let alone premier league standard.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â