Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

He made some good runs but the majority of his crosses were piss poor and that shot in had in the first half when he had Benteke and Kozak either side of him to be played in clean, was an absolute disgrace.

The good thing is that he's improving with each performance, but he has a long way to go.

First half he was shockingly bad when playing behind the strikers but when he went on the left wing he played really good and got some decent crosses into the area.  Hopefully Lambert will use him as a winger from now on.

When he keeps it simple on the wing he is quite effective. He should be become established at this level in his natural position before we think about moving him to the No. 10 role. 

He can pass the ball well, has pace and makes nice runs. His negatives aren't the kind of things that can't be ironed out so I think he'll become a good player and at the minute I prefer him in the team above Weimann

I thought he played OK today except for his crosses and that first half shot. I know that sounds daft but he went past his defender several times and the crosses we good but too close to the keeper. I think he has improved, not enough yet but there are signs of life.

I think Lambert brought him in to be an attacking mid behind the striker has he can play off either foot. He is repeatedly tried in the middle but I don't think he has the footwork for it (yet).

He has always looked more effective when shifted out wide where he can find more space and put some crosses in. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â