VT gathering

Ingram85

gath·er·ing  (gabreve.gifphonth.gifprime.gifschwa.gifr-ibreve.gifng) n.

a. The action of one that gathers.
  b. That which is gathered or amassed; a collection or accumulation.
2. An assembly of persons; a meeting.
3. The collecting of food that grows wild, such as berries, roots, and grains.
4. A gather in cloth.
5. A suppurated swelling; a boil or abscess.

I don't like people in general, the only reason I come on this forum is because I don't actually know who any of you are.

Considering we are both Yentonians who live and drink in such a small area, there is a good chance our paths have crossed many times .

I don't like people in general, the only reason I come on this forum is because I don't actually know who any of you are.

Considering we are both Yentonians who live and drink in such a small area, there is a good chance our paths have crossed many times .

I've drank in the Yenton far too many times as well.

My mistake, I thought you meant The Yenton pub in Wylde Green.

I know what you meant dude. That pub is named after an old name for the town. (Milfner lives near there iirc) If you are from Erdington then in days gone you would have been called a Yentonian.

• Like 1

Yentonian means you are from the ERD .

and drink cloudy yellow cider

We drink whatever is cheapest in the Charlie Hall mate .

when did that pub appear ???  used to be a bingo hall back in my day !!

My mistake, I thought you meant The Yenton pub in Wylde Green.

I know what you meant dude. That pub is named after an old name for the town. (Milfner lives near there iirc) If you are from Erdington then in days gone you would have been called a Yentonian.

Oh okay. Sorry, I didn't mean to come across condescending. :D It's not my local, but one of my best mates lives on Penns Lane there so I've drank there tonnes.

you are correct in that, I used to drink in the yenton semi regular I would be down there at least once every 2 weeks or so, but as far as drinking in ERD goes I have always stuck to the acorn, used to have a proper good crack in the eagle and tun, and the amount of sessions that I have had in the Charley is uncountable, when I was growing up though (from the ages of 15 till 23) we always drank in town because back then all may mates came from all four corners of brum.

I actually tried to get a few of my mates to go to the yenton last friday but I was overruled and we ended up in the gosta green...it was shit and by the time I wanted to go home I was bored pissed off and just plain pissed, that is why I wanted to drink local because it cuts dow on the travel time

I think we should do a massive VT gathering...pick a home game next spring, get the VT'ers from around the world to make the pilgrimage...make a long weekend of it, maybe book up one hotel, take over the bar, invite Scuba Steve...we could do an awards ceremony for posts of the year, collect money for charity...

This is a great idea. I'd love to meet Pelle.

You really wouldn't ....

Only kidding :-)

Don't try to take this moment away from me, Tony. :P Then again, it could be that he'd love to meet me. To give me a punch in the face. :D

I'm all up for it, as long as money and such things allows me to. :) A big gathering, that is. Not being punched in the face.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â