UKIP Nutters

bickster

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think you should ever judge somebody on how they look or how they choose to dress, but christ, I want to punch that word removed in the face.

Yep, I'm no advocate of bullying, but he's asking for it!

• Like 1

I don't like UKIP, but how does shit like this help? All it does is play into their hands and reinforce this siege mentality UKIP have going.

Anti-UKIP protesters have invaded a pub in south London where party leader Nigel Farage was having lunch.

Mr Farage was in the Queen's Head in Downe, Kent, with his wife and two younger children at the time.

Demonstrators first went to the George & Dragon, believing it to be Mr Farage's local, before they found him.

They said they chased the family out of the pub and jumped on the politician's car bonnet as he drove away. Mr Farage later branded them "scum".

Mr Farage, who is standing in Kent's Thanet South constituency in May's general election, said: "I hope these 'demonstrators' are proud of themselves. My children were so scared by their behaviour that they ran away to hide.

"... A relative has gone to look for them, and they are not yet at home. These people are scum."

'Cabaret of diversity'

Mr Farage's children aged 15 and 10 were understood to have later been found.

Protest organiser Dan Glass said the group was in fancy dress to stage "a cabaret of diversity" and included migrants, HIV activists, gay people, disabled people and breastfeeding mothers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32009961

leaving aside the pretty scummy way to 'protest' and potentially give the arsewipe some sort of perverted sympathy vote.....

....I simply can't imagine driving off without my kids. I genuinely hope / believe I'd stand and fight before I ran without my kids.

• Like 1

I don't like UKIP, but how does shit like this help? All it does is play into their hands and reinforce this siege mentality UKIP have going.

Anti-UKIP protesters have invaded a pub in south London where party leader Nigel Farage was having lunch.

Mr Farage was in the Queen's Head in Downe, Kent, with his wife and two younger children at the time.

Demonstrators first went to the George & Dragon, believing it to be Mr Farage's local, before they found him.

They said they chased the family out of the pub and jumped on the politician's car bonnet as he drove away. Mr Farage later branded them "scum".

Mr Farage, who is standing in Kent's Thanet South constituency in May's general election, said: "I hope these 'demonstrators' are proud of themselves. My children were so scared by their behaviour that they ran away to hide.

"... A relative has gone to look for them, and they are not yet at home. These people are scum."

'Cabaret of diversity'

Mr Farage's children aged 15 and 10 were understood to have later been found.

Protest organiser Dan Glass said the group was in fancy dress to stage "a cabaret of diversity" and included migrants, HIV activists, gay people, disabled people and breastfeeding mothers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32009961

Yep, not cool to frighten children under any circumstances, even if Farage is cynically trotting them out for the family vote, and you're right, it only burnishes Farage's pose.

leaving aside the pretty scummy way to 'protest' and potentially give the arsewipe some sort of perverted sympathy vote.....

....I simply can't imagine driving off without my kids. I genuinely hope / believe I'd stand and fight before I ran without my kids.

Indeed, you would. Anyone who wasn't a worm would do. Something feral kicks in with when my little child seems under threat -- protect the bear cub, you know?

Edited by Plastic Man

The pub landlord (the actual one - not Al Murray) has denied his kids were there - says it was just Farage and his Mrs. Doesn't make the methodology any better but I struggle to have any sympathy. The guy is a colossal shithouse who has made his name on intolerance, division and mistrust and deserves all the shite he gets as a result.

It is hardly likely to do UKIP anything but good.

UKIP are a bunch of reactionaries voted for by reactionaries.

The reaction is against the sort of people who made up the mob - those who demanded tolerance and now they have got it, show it is not something they allow others.

Exactly, MMV. It makes me laugh every time some UKIP councillor gets 'caught' saying something like "I don't like darkies", and the media say how much damage it will cause to their support. Nonsense, it will reinforce their support among the bigots, and will probably get some of the usual non-voters out to support them as a result. They know this perfectly well.

The pub landlord (the actual one - not Al Murray) has denied his kids were there - says it was just Farage and his Mrs. Doesn't make the methodology any better but I struggle to have any sympathy. The guy is a colossal shithouse who has made his name on intolerance, division and mistrust and deserves all the shite he gets as a result.

I'm less interested in the leaders, and more disturbed by the British people who adore them. Who are these people? How old are they? What do they want? What unites them? Where is their heartland? Which party is leaking supporters who turn to UKIP?

Edited by Plastic Man

I'm less interested in the leaders, and more disturbed by the British people who adore them. Who are these people?

People from Kent, mostly.

I'm less interested in the leaders, and more disturbed by the British people who adore them. Who are these people? How old are they? What do they want? What unites them? Where is their heartland? Which party is leaking supporters who turn to UKIP?

They are older people who have rationalised their anxiety about rapid social change and declining national prestige into a set of political beliefs.

• Like 4

I'm less interested in the leaders, and more disturbed by the British people who adore them. Who are these people?

People from Kent, mostly.

They're also doing well ooop North, as their 'send 'em home' anti-immigration message plays well in areas like Burnley, Oldham etc, were closed attitudes and job fears result in many seeking to 'blame' immigrants for their poor life situation/chances.

They'll get some support from the less cerebral labour voters in 'working class' areas.

Edited by Jon

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â