Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I've read that Spurs will listen to offers for Dempsey as he doesn't quite match AVBs playing style. If the price were right I'd def take him, but I reckon he still has a desire to play CL football, so that could rule is out. But with the WC fast approaching and playing time paramount, who knows.

Should Dempsey do a u-turn & make peace with Villa? Would Villa even be interested in him anymore? After all we only used him in order to frighten Genk into thinking we might go elsewhere after we put in a bid for Benteke.

Dempsey & Makepeace :D:P;):) mmmmmm :P

• Like 1

The Tonev link is evidence that like last close season we will not be chasing the "usual suspects" and therefore talk of Shawcross, Huddlestone and Defoe is a waste time and wide of the mark.

Are you the same Mike McKenna who was giving Kendrick the low down on Tonev?

No, I have no idea who that guy is and until I saw the link here I had never heard of Tonev.

The Tonev link is evidence that like last close season we will not be chasing the "usual suspects" and therefore talk of Shawcross, Huddlestone and Defoe is a waste time and wide of the mark.

No, I have no idea who that guy is and until I saw the link here I had never heard of Tonev.

Methinks something fishy is going on here.

What you think there is only one "Mike McKenna" and that I am lying?

I'm not 100% convinced on that Mike.  I know what you mean about usual suspects but I do think there maybe one or two names that we will have at least heard of!

For example I would have thought Shawcross would have been a very reasonable shout.  Not saying I know we are in for him before anyone jumps on me,  just using his name as an example of maybe names we could have heard of and that players we maybe after might not be totally unknown

Richard I dont disagree he would be a good shout, in fact I think he is very much what we need, however imho PL will continue in the same vein bring in lower league players and the odd overseas players who he thinks will develop. I hope I am partly wrong and that he knows we need a few strong players with PL experience, but i doubt it.

Mike ,  I know there is only one Mike Mckenna.  I've met him and this is the song I sing at VP

ha ha, give over :)

Dempsey would blow our wage structure apart

No thanks

Not so sure. Spurs have a lower average wage than us.

Guessing Dempsey is on about 50k

Yeah I reckon it's somewhere in that neighborhood of 40-55k...which I'd give him if the fee wasn't outlandish and it was a two year deal. But this is Spurs, so no chance of that, eh?

Clint Dempsey is 30 years-old, has two years left at Spurs so would still command a decent transfer fee, and would no doubt want more in wages than we are currently offering. I don't think he fits Lambert's criteria.

Even if he did, he'd no doubt want to stay in London or go to Manchester and would be looking for Champion's League football or at least Europa League.

Probably pointless to talk about him, but as others have said, going on the last couple of transfer windows I would say we'll be signing a lot of unknowns that will only be mentioned by Nursey or Kendrick.

What you think there is only one "Mike McKenna" and that I am lying?

Haha. I think he was joking mate. Cheers for the reply.

No thanks

Once Warnock Dunne Given Hutton Ireland and Bent have gone they won't

No thanks

Once Warnock Dunne Given Hutton Ireland and Bent have gone they won't

Warnock left in January ;)

How did Tonevs medical go btw?    lolz

I dunno, go ask Alex O'Henley. He was the one shouting that shit out on Twitter yesterday.