Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I'd say there's more of a place in their squad for Townsend than Rose to be honest. Not the first XI but I'd say he'll feature, if my Spurs mates are to be believed (which they mightn't be).

The Tonev link is evidence that like last close season we will not be chasing the "usual suspects" and therefore talk of Shawcross, Huddlestone and Defoe is a waste time and wide of the mark.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

The Tonev link is evidence that like last close season we will not be chasing the "usual suspects" and therefore talk of Shawcross, Huddlestone and Defoe is a waste time and wide of the mark.

I think it's going to be nigh on impossible to try & second guess Lambert in the transfer window, especially after the Sylla signing. Where did that one come from?

What I would like to see Lambo do is make a couple of really false moves for some really crap lower league players & then let some other mugs sign them up while we then swoop for our real targets.

Now that would be funny. :D

I'm not 100% convinced on that Mike.  I know what you mean about usual suspects but I do think there maybe one or two names that we will have at least heard of!

For example I would have thought Shawcross would have been a very reasonable shout.  Not saying I know we are in for him before anyone jumps on me,  just using his name as an example of maybe names we could have heard of and that players we maybe after might not be totally unknown

I'm not 100% convinced on that Mike.  I know what you mean about usual suspects but I do think there maybe one or two names that we will have at least heard of!

For example I would have thought Shawcross would have been a very reasonable shout.  Not saying I know we are in for him before anyone jumps on me,  just using his name as an example of maybe names we could have heard of and that players we maybe after might not be totally unknown

Surely someone like Shawcross would demand way too high wages for us? I'd take a guess that he's on about 30-40K at Stoke and he'd probably want around 50K if he were to move and that doesn't seem to be the way we are going (I realise you only used him as an example).

Thing is if Bent, Ireland and Given go then our wage bill is at a very healthy position.  A position where we can pay a few players £40k pw for example. Im sure Lambert will get the balance right.

I've read that Spurs will listen to offers for Dempsey as he doesn't quite match AVBs playing style. If the price were right I'd def take him, but I reckon he still has a desire to play CL football, so that could rule is out. But with the WC fast approaching and playing time paramount, who knows.

Are you the same Mike McKenna who was giving Kendrick the low down on Tonev?

Dempsey falls short of the quality required to get Spurs to where they want to be.

But he could definitely offer us a lot over the next season or two. We could do a lot worse. Someone on here said he'd want CL football but the only way he would get that is if he moved to Turkey.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss