Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Nobody playing in Scotland can be considered a "worldy".

Not until Bannan is considered a consistent starter at least.

Yes Lennon should just try and sign him now...

Another cracker from the Daily Star

Tottenham are preparing a £20m deal for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, 22, and Spurs could offer 29-year-old forward Emmanuel Adebayor as part of any move.

Gave me a right chuckle on at least 2 fronts. :D

Another cracker from the Daily Star

Tottenham are preparing a £20m deal for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, 22, and Spurs could offer 29-year-old forward Emmanuel Adebayor as part of any move.

Gave me a right chuckle on at least 2 fronts. :D

they also say were leading the chase along with Everton to sign Honda.

Linked to Honda in the daily star.

Shame it's the daily star. Helluva player. In fact, I'd take most of the Japanese front 6. They were very impressive throughout the tournament.

Japan have a lot of technically gifted players. They've only really ever lacked a great striker, goalkeeper and centre backs. Honestly that Ryo Miyachi at Arsenal is/was such a promising player it's a shame to see them either loaning him out or him sitting in the reserves. There's two Sakai's in the Japanese team that are meant to be pretty promising young players as well. They've both recently got moves to Europe.

But hey I honestly don't know too much, my only knowledge of them is from opinions from a few guys I chatted to in a bar in Japan.

Edit: Not that it matters we have no choice in the matter but these were the guys they said were pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3M4e77NMVg Sakai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZihog4CdV4 Miyachi

They'd probably be a top footballing nation if they could produce defenders and goalkeepers lol

Edited by Jonoridge91

We really should forget signing the likes of Barry, Belhanda and Honda. All are established players with an international reputation. Not to mention the wages they are earning at they're current clubs.

It'd be a huge surprise if we signed any of the above players.

Cabaye, Mbiwa, Debuchy and the others Newcastle have signed would have all had pay rises to move to Newcastle and were some of the better players in their positions in Ligue 1. Newcastle dont pay mega bucks any more so the likes of Belhanda will still be on low wages because wages are relatively very low in Ligue 1.

We could likely give Belhanda a good payrise to come here within our pay structure.  But similarly, he'll probably be getting an even larger payrise at the other 4 clubs the Monpellier president linked him to.

We really should forget signing the likes of Barry, Belhanda and Honda. All are established players with an international reputation. Not to mention the wages they are earning at they're current clubs.

It'd be a huge surprise if we signed any of the above players.

Belhanda is on about 15k/week by all accounts. I can't see why that is a problem.