Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

We're not scouting for an experienced CB then.

Correct, If this link and the one with James Chester are to believed. Chester (24) has 3 full seasons experience. Mirin Isimat (21) has 2.

We're not scouting for an experienced CB then.

Correct, If this link and the one with James Chester are to believed. Chester (24) has 3 full seasons experience. Mirin Isimat (21) has 2.

Yep we couldn't possibly be scouting anyone else, those links prove it.

2m for Bannan, am I seeing that correctly or am I still pissed from last night ;) Only thing he does is thinks he is the Scottish Xavi and tries to play Hollywood style balls which either go flying out of play or to an opposition player. If PL does get that figure for him he is a genius :)

Avflife? Hope you had Laudrup out  with you too last night completely pissed out of his skull. Only a madman or a drunkard would be after such a crap liability as Barry  Bannan. Whatever you do don't sober him up until Bannan has signed on the dotted line.

Bet you Laudrup becomes teetotal after this.

Oh yes............forgot to mention..........mine's a large one..............cheers! :cheers:

Lolzes at the thought of Swansea fans reading this thread. :)

Yep we couldn't possibly be scouting anyone else, those links prove it.

That's not what I meant at all. I was suggesting that it looks likely any new centre-back would probably be under 25, rather than an old hand to replace the outgoing playing experience that Dunne offered.

But who can tell. It's still very early days.

Edited by Wes

2m for Bannan, am I seeing that correctly or am I still pissed from last night ;) Only thing he does is thinks he is the Scottish Xavi and tries to play Hollywood style balls which either go flying out of play or to an opposition player. If PL does get that figure for him he is a genius :)

Avflife? Hope you had Laudrup out  with you too last night completely pissed out of his skull. Only a madman or a drunkard would be after such a crap liability as Barry  Bannan. Whatever you do don't sober him up until Bannan has signed on the dotted line.

Bet you Laudrup becomes teetotal after this.

Oh yes............forgot to mention..........mine's a large one..............cheers! :cheers:

Lolzes at the thought of Swansea fans reading this thread. :)

No worries CPF.............Swansea fans can't read as theyre to busy shaggin' sheep! :P

I don't think experience actually comes into it, it's more about desire and affordability.

The fact is our 'experienced' players have been jettisoned because they're overpaid and don't work as hard as someone wanting to prove themselves at this level.

James Chester was tracked and rumoured in Jan.

Could have legs, not sure what fee would be but he'd fit the Lambert model.

I think it's a safe presumption to assume that, as a professional footballer, James Chester has legs.

Not always , Bannan

I really hope people don't suddenly forget the events of the past few months and start proclaiming that experience trumps all else again.

I personally think that at centre half it's more important than anywhere else on the pitch, which was the biggest reason for our awful defence.

Hi

As I posted in Welcome thread I'm Legia Warsaw fan. Registered here after read some news about your interest in Tonev.

On the day when I registered on your website I could not post in "Transfer Speculations" but left the news about Ivelin Popov in "Welcome" window, before the news appeared in your media. Somebody here asked the question, if Villa is interested in Popov?

I'm Polish but speak Russian and read their websites.

Krasnodar President told the media that Popov is excellent player but he won't block his career if good offer for Popov comes. Russian media speculated that the club who are interested in Popov is Aston Villa.

I read Krasnodar forum and their supporters rate Popov very high. They think he is their best player and ifgoes that will be huge loss for their club.

• Like 3

Are there other clubs interested in him? 

I read articles where Popov appeared and can sum the qutes as:

Popov seven days back after last game : It's not decided if I stay with Krasnodar or will move to another club?

Popov few weeks back : My favourite league is Premier League. I would like to play there in the future.

Krasnodar President three days back: Popov had great season but I don't know if he will stay here for next season. If good offer comes I'm not going to block his career.

Russian media few days back: Popov got offer from Aston Villa.

I'm not hundred percent sure but think I saw the offer from Villa was 3 million GBP.

I don't know if Villa is the only club interested in Popov but it looked like Vila made interesting offer, probably the best one.

Thank you for Welcome.

I did not watch Popov playing. I read comments on Krasnodar furum and articles on him. Looks like a decent player, very useful up front. He is the captain of Bulgaria team. Could not find bad comment about his play or him. He plays as attacking modfielder, right or left winger.