Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Forrester was decent. OK he allegedly had a bit of attitude, but I never understood why we let him go.

Forrester was mentioned earlier, so I was thinking him too.

Day after it was revealed that Aston Villa gives 3.5 million pounds Alexander Tonev , it became clear that the team from the Birmingham show serious interest in master'' tricolor "Ivelin Popov.

According to the Russian newspaper "Sport Express" representatives of Aston Villa has long monitored the performances of striker Cuba. It Popov score that ranked Russian team for the historic first participation in tournaments.

Before Ivelin Popov spend time trial in another English team - Blackburn, but to transfer never came.

Edited by KSV

Day after it was revealed that Aston Villa gives 3.5 million pounds Alexander Tonev , it became clear that the team from the Birmingham show serious interest in master'' tricolor "Ivelin Popov.

According to the Russian newspaper "Sport Express" representatives of Aston Villa has long monitored the performances of striker Cuba. It Popov score that ranked Russian team for the historic first participation in tournaments.

Before Ivelin Popov spend time trial in another English team - Blackburn, but to transfer never came.

From Wiki 

On 18 September 2008, Popov scored a goal in the first round of the UEFA Cup against Aston Villa.[1] In July 2009, Popov was given the captain's armband

So Kendrick implies we're looking to bring in 6 players -

I'd guess that'd be

1 - GK to replace Given (????)

2 - LB (Creswell)

3 - CB (Lescott/Dragovic/Chester)

4 - CM (Luke Murphy)

5 - AM (Tonev)

6 - ST (Popov/Austin/Gayle)

I think i'd be quite happy with a combination of those players.

Popov looks like he's being linked because we've bid for another Bulgarian, he's 26 this year and has only been at his club for one season (scoring 9 goals).

Good to be linked to players either way, I'm genuinely behind Lambert's transfer policy 100% now so all these obscure players that were once annoying to be linked to are now exciting.

We've got to have a look at all the U21 players in the tournament starting now in a week. F.ex. Norway, Russia, Germany etc have lot of players playing at lower levels in their home countries, and some of these players are cracking. We could nick Abdisalam Ibrahim from City (on last year of his contract, plays the deep role for Norway) or Bauman (goalie for Germany.). There's so much talent in the champs coming up now.

So Kendrick implies we're looking to bring in 6 players -

I'd guess that'd be

1 - GK to replace Given (????)

2 - LB (Creswell)

3 - CB (Lescott/Dragovic/Chester)

4 - CM (Luke Murphy)

5 - AM (Tonev)

6 - ST (Popov/Austin/Gayle)

I think i'd be quite happy with a combination of those players.

Where is that said?