Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I'd spend a bit more and go for Shelvey. I think he's really under-rated. From what I've seen of Spearing, he's a thug with limited ability.

I think Shelvey is going to be a good player.

Is he quite similar to Gardner though?

I think KEA is decent. But in the same way that Berson and (on a different level) Veron were, he maybe just doesn't suit the PL.

Are you seriously comparing KEA to Veron ?

You obviously didn't read the bolded bit. Please read things because posting reactionary nonsense. It's getting tiresome.

Well once I'd read "KEA is decent" you start doubting the post immediately.

Awful player, nowhere near PL level or even championship.

That wasn't your point though. The only comparison was that Veron was a player who didn't quite adapt here and that's a fair comment. BOF even said that they were obviously at different levels. It's right there!

He's quite obviously not 'awful' because he played extremely well in the Eredivisie. Petrov had a crap first season here and went on to be great for us.

And the bolded is reactionary nonsense yet again. Obviously he's not 'nowhere near Championship level'. Absolutely ridiculous assertion.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Twitter...

"@AVFCTransTweet: Kurt Zouma subject of an #avfc approach. #stetienne open to player moving for right fee. Player once targeted by #mufc"

please please please please please.......... :P Doubt it will happen...

Twitter...

"@AVFCTransTweet: Kurt Zouma subject of an #avfc approach. #stetienne open to player moving for right fee. Player once targeted by #mufc"

Goes in to say...

"@AVFCTransTweet: Zouma widely expected to move on this summer. #avfc were not expected to be in race but PL is ambitious enough to try."

And

"@AVFCTransTweet: #avfc expect to snap up as already mentioned a while back Cresswell and Murphy during next few weeks"

All bollocks I think, the second one is more believable but probably picking up on other rumours! IF true.... I'd be ecstatic! :D

Twitter...

Goes in to say...

"@AVFCTransTweet: Zouma widely expected to move on this summer. #avfc were not expected to be in race but PL is ambitious enough to try."

And

"@AVFCTransTweet: #avfc expect to snap up as already mentioned a while back Cresswell and Murphy during next few weeks"

All bollocks I think, the second one is more believable but probably picking up on other rumours! IF true.... I'd be ecstatic! :D

Indeed.. if we got Zouma it would be a brilliant signing, is a rock of a Cb!

Speculation source blacklist ??

*runs and checks*...

Naa I'm ok as long as a new player thread isn't started ;)

Just posting stuff I hear on Twitter, 99.9% BS but like someone said, good to speculate, much better than discussing Crewe and how they are performing (no offence intended to those posters btw).

Did we go through this last summer and it was decided to keep twitter bollocks?

Twitter bollocks is most likely all we are going to have for the new few weeks. I would far prefer that than endless speculation from the sports press as to which players we will lose.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

With bent going I wonder if we will go for wilfred bony again after our deal with him collapsed at the last minute, linked with west ham and wba today.

Geoffrey bruma told he can leave chelsea for £5 million, good young center half

Twitter...

Just a Villa fan responding to someone mentioning his name on here. Won't happen. Will have bigger clubs interested in him.

With bent going I wonder if we will go for wilfred bony again after our deal with him collapsed at the last minute, linked with west ham and wba today.

Geoffrey bruma told he can leave chelsea for £5 million, good young center half

Good shout mate but isn't he in the same mould as Benteke? I would say yes if Benteke didn't turn out as good as he did as PL might now be looking for a more hardworking Teamplayer Bent type (on less wages).

Bruma is a great prospect and would never get a look in at Chelsea with their money. Would get him in but not as a starter.

Edited by harris21

Can we put twitter bollox into the blacklist thread

Let's keep this one realistic or it will be 100's of pages of BS

Can't we have everything you say in a blacklist thread? :P (I joke)

I'm all for Twitter crap, or have a twitter thread.... stops people moaning then I guess. Twitter can't be blacklisted as a source. Most credible news breaks first on Twitter. There's just a lot of rubbish too.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Can we put twitter bollox into the blacklist thread

Let's keep this one realistic or it will be 100's of pages of BS

Can't we have everything you say in a blacklist thread? :P (I joke)

I'm all for Twitter crap, or have a twitter thread.... stops people moaning then I guess. Twitter can't be blacklisted as a source. Most credible news breaks first on Twitter. There's just a lot of rubbish too.

I definitely think we should have a Twitter rumours thread, stops the likes of CI moaning.