Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Man I totally forgot Holman even played for us

Have a feeling he won't be for long....

Reckon if someone puts in a bid, he could be allowed to go.

As for CM places, Delph, Westwood, Sylla, Gardner, KEA and Herd (plus the possibilities of Carruthers and Johnson) look set to stay at the club, which is quite a lot of personnel to choose from but there's major room for improvement.

I'd like to see Luke Murphy of Crewe come in to add to those staying and I expect to see us lose Ireland, Bannan, Holman.

Would also love to see the Mertens link come true!

I agree we need another strong CB, would love either Lescott or Dragovic and a better LB to challenge Bennett, with Creswell from Ipswich touted plenty.

As for a striker to replace Bent, I think we'll see another potential gem from Europe come in along with a back up GK.

My starting XI for the beginning of the season would be

.................Guzan

Lowton.Vlaar.Lescott.Cresswell

..........Westwood.Delph

Mertens...Murphy...Agbonlahor

...............Benteke

Its handy all these players 'can go' it means they just up and leave, err someone has to actually bid for them and pay their stupid wages they are on here.

I doubt many will go.

I think several clubs will take a punt of the likes of Bannan, Ireland and Holman - not saying we'll be asking megabucks for any of them (esp Ireland!) just to get them out of the club.

Transfers will be few and far between between now and beginning of July, with all the players/staff on their hols but I do expect moves in and out of the club this summer.

Was it not the price tag that put us off cresswell last time? Can't imagine the price would be cheaper this summer.

A year less on his contract can make a fair difference. The quoted price last year was £6m so a year less and the price is rumoured to have dropped 25%.

In fact he'll be in the last year of his contract so Ipswich will be looking to cash in whilst they still can. I doubt he signs a new deal with them, not after he knows Premier League teams are after him.

£4.5m may still be too steep for us. Unless it's divided in to clauses and such.

If 4.5m is going to 'be too steep for us' then Lerner needs to do one.

I'm annoyed to see Van Ginkel being linked with Chelsea today. £8m is likely how much he'll move for and he has the potential to be the next Lampard for that team for the next decade once he settles in.

If 4.5m is going to 'be too steep for us' then Lerner needs to do one.

I mean in terms of any specific deal for Cresswell. They may just not consider it good value for money. Then again they could! I'm just speculating.

So funny.

After the fabulous work that lambert has done in the transfer market he has earned the trust to get which players he feels are right for us. If that's spearing then fine by me.

Bennett and KEA are atrocious, Vlaar is a dodgy centre back, Bowery is way out of his depth, Westwood is hit and miss so I wouldnt Lambert is fabulous in the transfer market.

He found Lowton and Benteke who have impressed but he could just as easily find us another Bennett and god forbid he does that again. I am not so sure signing people who Liverpool think wont cut it is a wise idea. We need some real quality in the middle of the park and at centre back.

I haven't seen much of Bowery except when he played wide right. Is he a winger or do we need to see if he can play through the middle? Opinions welcome.

I dont think he is a wide player, he looks uncomfortable out there. I think he played as a striker at chesterfield but im not 100% on that one.

So funny.

After the fabulous work that lambert has done in the transfer market he has earned the trust to get which players he feels are right for us. If that's spearing then fine by me.

Bennett and KEA are atrocious, Vlaar is a dodgy centre back, Bowery is way out of his depth, Westwood is hit and miss so I wouldnt Lambert is fabulous in the transfer market.

He found Lowton and Benteke who have impressed but he could just as easily find us another Bennett and god forbid he does that again. I am not so sure signing people who Liverpool think wont cut it is a wise idea. We need some real quality in the middle of the park and at centre back.

Westwood hit and miss?

So funny.

Westwood hit and miss?

Take no notice. It's just a term drawn from the Bluenose Internet Trolls' Phrasebook.

• Like 1

It's incredible all this talk of Lescott & Sinclair have we not had our fingers burned already with City's cast offs, Dunne, Given, Ireland.

I get what you're saying but I don't think it is that fair. By and large I think Dunne has been a good servant for us and he's given his all. As for Given, he's a good goalkeeper, he'e just not as good as he used to be and Guzan is turning into one of the best. It isn't really Given's fault we were dumb enough to give him an expensive 5 year contract.

I agree we shouldn't be thinking of Lescott. As for Sinclair however, he is still a great player - he's just been bought by City and then completely abandoned.

Whilst we're still talking about pulling Crewe apart, we should have a look at Max Clayton. He's 18 years old and has looked pretty handy for Crewe.

I feel a bit sorry for Crewe. I used to referee their academy every week and they have a GREAT thing going on there. It's just a shame they can't keep the players that they pour so much effort, time and care into. They take a lot of pride in their academy and they treat everyone great there. Even as a referee I was treated like a proper guest at the club. You see it in the attitude and commitment of their players.

Whilst we're still talking about pulling Crewe apart, we should have a look at Max Clayton. He's 18 years old and has looked pretty handy for Crewe.

I feel a bit sorry for Crewe. I used to referee their academy every week and they have a GREAT thing going on there. It's just a shame they can't keep the players that they pour so much effort, time and care into. They take a lot of pride in their academy and they treat everyone great there. Even as a referee I was treated like a proper guest at the club. You see it in the attitude and commitment of their players.

Its like Villa, only on a smaller scale.  We cant keep hold of our good players either so i dont feel sorry for anyone.

So funny.

I appreciate we're all entitled to our own opinion first of all.

My opinion is Vlaar is being judged too early, it's his first season in the PL and he suffered an injury mid way through. I'm hopeful he will be much improved next season.

KEA and Bennett look ropey, i wouldn't expect an improvement from KEA but Bennett is still young enough to improve.

It's unfair to judge Bowery as he's seen so little game time.

With Westwood i'd say he's been far more hit than miss.

Lowton and Benteke speak for themselves they've been superb.

Every one of his signings would,  IMO,  not be sold for less than we paid for them and in fact would probably go for more than we paid for them.

In terms of transfer business,  not sure we have been able to say that too often recently and it seems to be an important benchmark right now