Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Dortmund are about top sign Christian Eriksen, that could eat up most of their budget already

assuming that lewandowski is on his way somewhere this summer for around £20m - £25m id guess they could but eriksen and benteke and make their bank manager a happy man this summer

and thats before you take in to consideration the CL money...

Lewandowski is going for 20m-25m ? If Falcao's worth 50m+, That would make Lewandowski a quality target. I thought they would want much more... ?

Finding it a little hard to understand Lewandowski would cost less than Benteke if it's true. Is he on his last year on his contract or summit ?

Source(s) ?

Edit: Too many questions >__>

Edited by kevangrealish

Lewandowski is in the final year of his contract which is why his market value is so low compared to player's of equal ability. Dortmund are stuck in a Catch 22 situation in that they want to keep Lewandowski but they also don't want to let him go on a free.

Bayern want him but they're huge rivals and they just sniped Gotze away from them via a release clause so they will definitely not be willing to sell him to Bayern. Dortmund's ideal trading partner is Chelsea. They like De Bruyne and want him plus cash in exchange for Lewandowski. De Bruyne wants to go to Dortmudn too but Chelsea don't seem particularly interested as they want to keep De Bruyne on their books and would rather loan him out to Bayer Leverkusen.

All a bit of a soap drama really.

One thing is for sure though is that Dortmund are cash rich right now. You can only trigger a release clause with an upfront cash payment. So they've got the £30m from the Gotze sale plus however much their annual transfer budget usually is, anything they get from an eventual Lewandowski sale plus a big injection from the champions League final.

In short they could easily make a play for Eriksen AND Benteke if that's what they wanted. It would be different to their modus operandi thus far but they see Bayern spending big and they may feel they have to spend a little more than they would typically do.

O_o I see, I think Benteke would be class for Dortmund but i'm going to guess he'd prefer to stay in England and go to one of the top four clubs if anything (Childhood club Arsenal ? ) .

Also no need to worry he's said he's happy at villa...  ;D

Edited by kevangrealish

Vydra scored 20 goals this season I believe and he won the Championship Player of the Season award. No doubt Udinese will expect a tidy fee if they are willing to sell, £4m would be nice. Can somebody make a GIF of his first goal against Leicester the other day? The RVP type volley was amazing

Vydra scored 20 goals this season I believe and he won the Championship Player of the Season award. No doubt Udinese will expect a tidy fee if they are willing to sell, £4m would be nice. Can somebody make a GIF of his first goal against Leicester the other day? The RVP type volley was amazing

Real thing

How about Josh McEachran? Highly rated 2-3 years ago drawing comparisons to Lampard. Still only 20 and not going to break in ahead Oscar Hazard & Mata or Ramires. Wikipedia says he plays as a left sided/central creative midfielder. Also think we will go for Guidetti from Citeh as a replacement for Bent. IF we stay up this could be the most exciting summer in a long long time.

How about Josh McEachran? Highly rated 2-3 years ago drawing comparisons to Lampard. Still only 20 and not going to break in ahead Oscar Hazard & Mata or Ramires. 

Yes but Chelsea won't sell. He's English and they don't have many of those.