Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Question for everybody:

If the clock strikes midnight on Monday evening/Tuesday morning and we haven't signed anybody else, would you be happy with us going on with the team we have? Do we feel another signing(s) is vital to our progression?

Why is it that we excuse a big money signing by stating that it will turn out like one of our poor signings? We like many other clubs have made poor signings for a lot of money yet like a lot of other clubs we have spent big money on players who have turned out fine.

On that basis alone we wouldn't want any of the recent AMs we've been linked to because they might turn out like NRC.

Yeah I really don't get this either.

If we sign no-one else, I'd be happy with our business this window. We're edging closer to clearing out all of the unwanted players and Lambert is slowly building his own squad.

Luna and Okore are currently improving our first team, whereas Tonev, Steer, Bacuna & Helenius appear to be filling squad positions that will (eventually) be freed up by Given, Ireland, Bannan & Bent. The latter four players will hopefully develop into potential first team players in the future.

As much as I'd like us to buy an AM, I don't think it's vital.

I really like what we've done.

If we didn't sign anyone else I'd be disappointed though. Because quite clearly Lambert wants more and he hasn't been fully backed to do so. Which when you consider we've got rid of a big wage player and seen tv money increase seems very poor from our owner.

I'd be quite content if we hadn't "enquired" (or whatever it was) about Kiyotake. This leads me to believe that money is available and I'd rather it was spent now than January.

• Like 1

Question for everybody:

If the clock strikes midnight on Monday evening/Tuesday morning and we haven't signed anybody else, would you be happy with us going on with the team we have? Do we feel another signing(s) is vital to our progression?

Nah

I think we will struggle if we don't bring in a creative mid or ACM

We will be good away from home as usual but more of the same rubbish at home

I like the way the team has settled in so far - we look like we're ready to compete with any team in the league which is important. Unless we're going to get someone in, let's say who's going to vastly improve our midfield three, or a top-notch centre half (which would cost the money we don't appear to be willing to spend) I don't see any reason to be too upset about this summer's business.

An attacking midfielder, or 'CAM' as some on here hilariously refer to the position, is something we need in order to push on. What we have right now is enough to survive and by my reckoning to finish around 10-12th as long as key players don't get injured.

Question for everybody:

Nah

What do you mean by struggle? I can't see it being like last season. Okore and Luna look like improvements already and we've been in solid form in the league since March.

Question for everybody:

I'm happy with the business that we have done so far, but I think to really push on we need at least the attacking mid, Liverpool showed that we struggle to break down teams. Without that signing see us finishing tenth, with it top 8 is possible.

• Like 1

Question for everybody:

Nah

What do you mean by struggle? I can't see it being like last season. Okore and Luna look like improvements already and we've been in solid form in the league since March.

We won't go down but i don't think we will finish higher than 10th

An attacking midfielder, or 'CAM' as some on here hilariously refer to the position, is something we need in order to push on. What we have right now is enough to survive and by my reckoning to finish around 10-12th as long as key players don't get injured.

Why is it hilarious that people refer to the position as "CAM"? It's a central attacking midfielder. It's the same thing. The terminology doesn't matter.

So the general consensus seems as if we'd all like another signing or two, majority of us feel we 'need' a signing or two, but again the majority of us also think we'll get a mid-table finish.

We all reckon we'll progress from last season then, without any more signings I mean?