Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

The right mould at least

Hopefully not the same mould as his father, ie a word removed. Imo of course  ;)

W**ker or not his father was a good player.

Is Ince able to play as a #10?

I am sure he could play whatever number was on the back of his shirt!

Oh I agree pal, was just a tongue in cheek comment. 

Not watched a awful lot of championship football last year but his stats from last year certainly look impressive. 

As for Isa's question above, I think (from limited football league show highlights) that his best position is right wing.

I'd take him for 5m tops. But with Delfouneso and Bannan of interest to Blackpool maybe there's a deal to be done

Good shout, apparently Bannan confirmed talks with Blackpool the other day too.. I think this could be on.

With all the extra income from the Premier League deal, if the spending stays at this level then the budget it very, very disappointing.

Why? 

It ain't about how much you spend its about what you spend it on. 

Couldn't agree more - though I'd suggest the better players tend to cost more money.

I'm not all too impressed by a number of these unknowns we've brought in. It's still early days, obviously.

I guess I'd like to see Lambert backed by the board in the transfer market more than just with the bare minimum.

Ince has been on fire for a while now & is easily one of the Championships best players. McGuigan at Forest as always impressed me too & is quality on set pieces.

At least if Sky Sports understands it means we are still looking even if nothing concrete develops.

nope  :ph34r:

• Like 1

With all the extra income from the Premier League deal, if the spending stays at this level then the budget it very, very disappointing.

Why? 

It ain't about how much you spend its about what you spend it on. 

Couldn't agree more - though I'd suggest the better players tend to cost more money.

I'm not all too impressed by a number of these unknowns we've brought in. It's still early days, obviously.

I guess I'd like to see Lambert backed by the board in the transfer market more than just with the bare minimum.

What I think is we have bought players to hopefully develop into better players and we are at a level / stage where we can do that

I think once you progress and want to progress to another level you have to buy players that are already developed,  they generally cost more money because of that,  and the buying club in those cases doesnt want to hang around waiting,  they are trying to buy a level of guarantee.

So at the current level I'm not disappointed.  The disappointment comes if we dont want to move to the next level

• Like 2

Ince is more than decent and can make a similar mark in the game as his father did. The age is right for us and he has the games behind him that would help him to hit the ground running following a move but I doubt we would pay £8m. If Bannan & Delfouneso were added to say a £6m + players package that might bring a transfer nearer but I think Liverpool get some money back on any fee so that might get in the way of things.

I trust he himself might see a move to us as better than he had a move to Cardiff but given his father will have a word in his ear and he never had much good to say about us I would guess he would be bound somewhere else. If we agree a price and make him an offer he would be well advised to take it but I wonder if he might be a bit Billy Big Time?

What I think is we have bought players to hopefully develop into better players and we are at a level / stage where we can do that

I guess that's where we disagree, as I don't think that is this case and that the squad and the first team is not much better than last year and will result in the same struggles as last year.

Hopefully it means we'll be able to pay off Lerner quicker and he'll be able to look to sell.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 1

Ince has been on fire for a while now & is easily one of the Championships best players. McGuigan at Forest as always impressed me too & is quality on set pieces.

At least if Sky Sports understands it means we are still looking even if nothing concrete develops.

nope  :ph34r:

McGugan scored a cracking free kick for Watford against Forest at the weekend. Think he's just moved there.