The interesting stat thread

The_Rev

They kinda have though, Manchester United are 13 points clear and won the title with four games to spare. 

Juventus are 8 points clear with a game in hand in Italy. 

Bayern are 20 points clear in Germany. 

Barcelona are 11 points clear in Spain. 

PSG are 6 points clear with a game in hand in France. 

All the big leagues have had anticlimactic title races this season. 

It's becoming increasingly common though.  The number of points that the team who wins the league in most major divisions is always rising because the financial imbalance in the game means the biggest clubs can stockpile the best players, then use those players to make sure they continue to win the league.  The model that the best teams get the biggest rewards is fine in theory, but it was implemented at a time when the difference in money between the winners and the also rans was a lot smaller. 

It's becoming increasingly common though. The number of points that the team who wins the league in most major divisions is always rising because the financial imbalance in the game means the biggest clubs can stockpile the best players, then use those players to make sure they continue to win the league. The model that the best teams get the biggest rewards is fine in theory, but it was implemented at a time when the difference in money between the winners and the also rans was a lot smaller.

That doesn't explain why City and Chelsea are so far behind United or why Real are being trounced by Barca. Italy is an odd one too, none of them have any money do they?

I take your general point, but I think this season has been an anomaly in terms of the title races.

Juventus have their own stadium which is why they'll dominate since they can actually generate some cash. The other clubs have to rent their stadiums and since the City is making money off that, they won't give them permission to build their own stadiums. The government is really **** over Italian football.

it's only been 5 different teams that have won the Prem which probably explains the low number

Man U

Man City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Blackburn

Yeah I wasn't saying it was wrong, by the way. It makes sense.

I was just saying that on first glance it surprised me that it was that low.

182 players from 37 countries have Premier League winners medals.

68 are English.

There are several decent sporacle quizes to be had there.........  

English PL winners

Countries whose players have won the Premier League

Players who have won the PL....

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â