I think I am an idiot.. (Persona 4)

I've never played this game, apparently it is brilliant too..

I'm usually on top of any RPG (even play Pokemon.. have done since I was 16(ish) ) and just get a kick out of these type of games.

So why did I miss Persona 4?

Is it as good as it seems and should I get it for my Vita?

Have you got 100 hours to spare?

Because these guys played the entire game and uploaded the results to the internet.  

I'd probably say get it for your Vita though, I mean what else are you going to play on that thing? ;) 

Edited by The_Rev

The question I would ask myself is why did I buy a Vita if I didn't intend to get Persona 4. If I had one it would be the first, and probably only so far, purchase.

A Persona 4 thread

6.jpg

Fantastic, amazing, incredible game. The only RPG to give FF7 and Xenogears a run for their money in my book. By far the best RPG of the last, what, 15 years?

I don't know if I like it as much as I do cos I like anime too, but, it is really worth a go. Haven't played the Golden Vita version, though, but as I understand it it's your usual 'director's cut' version of the game with extra...stuff.

If/when you do play it, do not be put off by the first hour of the game. You literally do nothing but read text the whole time, with I think one tutorial battle. Well, you did in the original anyway. They mightve changed it for Golden, I suppose.

The story, the characters, the social interactions, the attention to detail and art design in general are really top notch. The dungeons...hm. They look quite nice, and the bosses are pretty awesome, but you're running down the same corridor over and over which isn't always very fun. It isn't one of those particularly easy RPGs either, where you can just stumble through it without much thought. It uses a basic turn based combat system, the weakest element of the game, but I am pretty certain they tweaked it somehow for Golden.

I plan to pick it up if/when I get a Vita too, for sure. It's a game I really want to give another run through, with a guide, so I get everything. It's one of those games where you have limited time per day, and have options of what you want to do, so it's quite easy to neglect people/things if you don't have things planned out. I did get the true ending first time though.

The sequel is out on PS3 very soon, having been released in US aaaaaaages ago. It's not an RPG, though, it's a fighter. Which I'm shit at, but I've pre-ordered it anyways. You get  the OST on 12" yellow vinyl as a bonus from Game too!

If for no other reason, just get it cos it has Teddie in, probably the best character in anything, ever

2125694-teddiep4g.png

Oh yeh, the anime series based on the game is good too!

Edited by hogso

Wow!

How the **** did I miss this game? How how how how how????

Ok, this is being bought tomorrow, excited by this!

I love that you're buying this based on the fact that Hogso spooged over it.

:D

Last time this happened, Wiggy ended up hating the game in question... :(

:clap:

D:

What game was it?

FFXIII. Oh I sold that bugger to him big time. Not that I was fibbing or anything, I mean I did enjoy it, but maybe I was expecting he would too a little more than he did :P

• 2 weeks later...

I see what you mean about the opening, it's slow. But the build up is great at asking questions and creating mystery.

Really loving how beautiful it looks too!

10 hours in and enjoying it, love the persona fusion idea.

Is there any way to take control of all characters in battle?

10 hours in and enjoying it, love the persona fusion idea.

Is there any way to take control of all characters in battle?

I think you can, yes. Although I can't say I remember how you set it so you can...

Persona 3 (the original nor FES) didn't let you control all of the chars in battle, and I'm almost certain they put the option in P4, as the exclusion of it wasn't very well received in P3. As I said before though, I've only played P4 and not Golden P4, so maybe they changed it back? I don't see why they would though.

Did you play Catherine on PS3, and do you have a PS+ sub? If the answers to those questions are no / yes, make sure you pick it up when it's 'free' on PS+ next month. Made by the Persona Team, it's not an RPG, but a puzzle game, basically. Has that same kind of unique personality and character about it that should make it very appealing to anyone who enjoyed P3 or P4.

Who is yer fav character, man??

I want to play this now... but I don't have a Vita and my PS2 is under my bed which is very difficult to get to. That and I don't own it on PS2 and I'm looking around and seeing prices of £30.

Catherine was absolutely brilliant. Such a different experience but it was so very, very slick. Be careful if you do get it though. You'll find yourself zoning out and thinking about moving blocks at random points throughout the day.

Favourite character? At the moment it's Yosuke - he's just a little bit mad - but of course the main character is the one I have the biggest affiliation with, really enjoying getting a good group of persona's -  will list them when I load up next.

Found out how to control the full battle, much prefer that!

This game is really addictive, I spend a lot of time on it just improving my character and obviously trying to work out "who it is" (so as not to spoil the start, in case Ginko plays it!) I've got an idea at the moment but am only 15 hours in and thus, I could be very wrong!

This game is so much fun Ginko :)

This could be the game I call my favourite RPG-type game.. maybe..

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â