Sunderland

Richard

Sunderland weren't going down under MON I don't think. He'd have drawn enough games as hilarious as it would have been to see him/them go. I hope di Canio gets sacked soon. Sunderland fans are quick to remember beating Newcastle 3-0 then getting annihilated at Villa Park a couple of games after...

well some people in Bent thread saying it was a great signing as his goals kept us up

And they would be wrong as well. :)

I disagree, without Bent there's a very real chance that we'd have.... wait... this is going to de-rail the thread horribly. Back to Di Canio.

Sunderland Agree Fee to Sell Sessengon to Qatar Club

Less than 48 hours after being arrested and charged with drunken driving, Sunderland forward Stephane Sessegnon looks set to move to Qatari club Al-Jaish after the two clubs agreed a fee of around £5million, according to Sky Tyne & Wear.

While Sunderland played MK Dons Tuesday night at the Stadium of Light in the League Cup, Sessegnon was arrested and charged with drunken driving after being stopped by police in Newcastle.

Sessegnon still has to agree personal terms with Al-Jaish, but it looks likely that the Beninese footballer is on his way out of Sunderland.

think Sessegnon was gone anyway. was lots of rumours pre-season he wanted out.

wonder does Sessegnon get same abuse on their forums for drink driving as Bannan gets on here

Edited by Zatman

Well I might not like the guy but I can't help but respect the 'take no crap from prima donna players' attitude from DiCanio.

That's all well and good in theory, but it'll create problems for him. Especially when they sell their best striker.

wonder does Sessegnon get same abuse on their forums for drink driving as Bannan gets on here

I doubt it. 

Sessegnon was pulled over and found to be over the limit, Bannan on the other hand crashed his car on the motorway. Then he legged it, oh and he was only on a provisional license without anyone else in the car with a license so was done for having no license  and he also got done for driving without due care and attention. Oh and he was almost twice the legal limit.

So I think it is fair enough if Bannan gets more stick personally he could have killed someone and be doing time like that chap from Plymouth.

Bannan had been driving for about an hour when he failed to make a bend and hit the central reservation, the court heard. The car span and came to a stop 300 metres away in the fourth lane. 

After getting the car to the hard shoulder, the footballer saw a motorway worker on his mobile phone. Fearing he was calling the police, Bannan panicked and fled over fields to a taxi office in Bulwell. It was here that he was arrested.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â