weekends footnall - 16/17 march - sponsored by andy keenan

Jimzk5

Far too much time, effort and money goes into the premier league (football generally tbf) to have it ruined by referees who can't get basic decisions right. 

Of course Sky love it, "ooh it's a day of controversy", when it's not at all. There aren't any conflicting opinions being aired. It's actually a day of consensus, everyone is in agreement. The consensus is that the referees in this league are horrendous. 

**** Newcastle. :ph34r: That's a worse result for Sunderland with their downward momentum. Anyway, we're playing well and it's in our own hands.

Cripes, you call what we're doing at the moment playing WELL?

Just shows how successful Lerner has been in lowering our expectations.

Eh? We came from behind twice to win in pressure games. We are finding form.

Um, we beat the 19th and 20th sides in the premier league - in both games we went behind due to stupid schoolboy errors in defence. They were essential wins but hardly the stuff of legend.

Far too much time, effort and money goes into the premier league (football generally tbf) to have it ruined by referees who can't get basic decisions right. 

Of course Sky love it, "ooh it's a day of controversy", when it's not at all. There aren't any conflicting opinions being aired. It's actually a day of consensus, everyone is in agreement. The consensus is that the referees in this league are horrendous. 

THIS. We as fans spend so much bloody money only to get continuously shafted.

This is exactly why it was stupid for anyone to get carried away after yesterday. Wigan are famous for these sorts of results and they will grind out a fair few more towards the end of the season.

However, we should just be thinking of getting as many points as we can. I can see both Sunderland and Newcastle getting dragged well into this, Sunderland are more shite than us it seems and can't buy a goal, have a clueless outdated shadow as a manager and have a stupidly tough run in. Newcastle are not the team they were last season and have other distractions. Losing a clinical striker like Ba has hurt them badly!

Basically, if we can finish above Wigan, we'll be alright.

**** Newcastle. :ph34r: That's a worse result for Sunderland with their downward momentum. Anyway, we're playing well and it's in our own hands.

Apart from our shitty goal difference you mean

Wigan only need another win by any score and we're back in the bottom 3

Our goal difference is starting to come around actually.  We are miles away from the teams above us, but the three sides below us are pretty similar.  We are -25, Wigan are -21 while Reading and QPR are both -22.  As all sides are in the habit of losing this season, those numbers will continue to level out.  

Yeah.  I posted it in the Sunderland thread too but it bears repeating; the only two teams in the bottom half who have games in hand are Wigan and West Ham United.  

As it stands today, Wigan are three points behind us. West Ham are three points ahead.  Wigan's game in hand is Manchester City away, West Ham's game in hand is Manchester United at home.  Unless TV changes things they both play their game in hand on the same night as an extra midweek fixture in midweek fixture in the middle of April, just four days before they are due to meet each other.  I think you can only see it as a case of shitty fixture congestion for both clubs, and good news for us. 

City were sensational against us for about fifteen minutes before they did score.  We have no way of knowing whether they just relaxed after the goal went in and decided to the see the game out. They clearly had another gear or two to go into against us if they needed to.  I think they have lost once in the league at home in almost three years, and that was to a 93rd minute goal by Manchester United (who were lucky to get anything that day) just before Xmas.  I'd fancy them to beat Wigan at home. 

• Like 1

Yeah. I posted it in the Sunderland thread too but it bears repeating; the only two teams in the bottom half who have games in hand are Wigan and West Ham United.

As it stands today, Wigan are three points behind us. West Ham are three points ahead. Wigan's game in hand is Manchester City away, West Ham's game in hand is Manchester United at home. Unless TV changes things they both play their game in hand on the same night as an extra midweek fixture in midweek fixture in the middle of April, just four days before they are due to meet each other. I think you can only see it as a case of shitty fixture congestion for both clubs, and good news for us.

Man u could of already of won the title by the time that game is played. Would be just our luck as well for it to be meaningless to them!

just reading the comments of suicidal spurs supporters. they refer to adebayor as the corpse, because he never moves. :crylaugh:

Feel real sorry for those spurs fans being in a European quarter final and in with a good shot of being top 4.

• Like 1

Yeah. I posted it in the Sunderland thread too but it bears repeating; the only two teams in the bottom half who have games in hand are Wigan and West Ham United.

As it stands today, Wigan are three points behind us. West Ham are three points ahead. Wigan's game in hand is Manchester City away, West Ham's game in hand is Manchester United at home. Unless TV changes things they both play their game in hand on the same night as an extra midweek fixture in midweek fixture in the middle of April, just four days before they are due to meet each other. I think you can only see it as a case of shitty fixture congestion for both clubs, and good news for us.

Man u could of already of won the title by the time that game is played. Would be just our luck as well for it to be meaningless to them!

If they have won the title and the West Ham game becomes meaningless then the game after is even more meaningless and guess who that is against ?

If they have won the title and the West Ham game becomes meaningless then the game after is even more meaningless and guess who that is against ?

Stoke?

No, wait, Norwich?

It's all relative isn't it?

We WERE in their position, more or less, not so long ago. And there were a lot of fans on this forum slagging off players then.

I dont think we were in their position. We were never as close to the promised land as they were or never got 4th like they did last season. with 8 games left we were not favourites for the champs league like they are now

spurs fans are the most ungrateful fans in the prem

our 08/09 squad was no where no near as good as their current one.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â