Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

We've got an outside throne room.  Nothing to do with the Pistorius case, but thought I'd share that bit of news anyway.

I bet your neighbours on the I of M all think you are dead posh for not crapping out the window like the rest of them :)

• Like 1

I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility for someone to put shoes on to walk around the house.

I know I do.

Do you do it at 2am to go to your bathroom ?

Even less likely with an en suite bathroom. It's not exactly an outside khazi in an Aberdeen winter.

Quite.

You don't convict people to life in prison on common sense.

I think his defense is dodgy as ****, and he should be locked up because he did kill her, but what goes for them goes for you too, and I sure as hell wouldn't want someone to be convicted on anything less than certainties.

nothing is ever certain though is it? I think he'd more likely to be convicted because its not a trail by jury. 

You don't convict people to life in prison on common sense.

I think his defense is dodgy as ****, and he should be locked up because he did kill her, but what goes for them goes for you too, and I sure as hell wouldn't want someone to be convicted on anything less than certainties.

nothing is ever certain though is it? I think he's more likely to be convicted because its not a trail by jury. 

I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility for someone to put shoes on to walk around the house.

I know I do.

Do you do it at 2am to go to your bathroom ?

Even less likely with an en suite bathroom. It's not exactly an outside khazi in an Aberdeen winter.

Quite.

your dealing with women who will squat over a toilet seat rather than let their bum cheeks touch a toilet seat that someone else's bum may have once touched  ... maybe Oscar has a dirty floor ?

still doesn't explain why if you have you shoes on you don't exit the front door rather than hide in the bathroom ..I know Oscar is quick but surely you'd take your chances against him over 100m without his blades on

your dealing with women who will squat over a toilet seat rather than let their bum cheeks touch a toilet seat that someone else's bum may have once touched  ... maybe Oscar has a dirty floor ?

still doesn't explain why if you have you shoes on you don't exit the front door rather than hide in the bathroom ..I know Oscar is quick but surely you'd take your chances against him over 100m without his blades on

So many assumptions: that she was in immediate fear of her life when she entered the bathroom, that the way out of the flat wasn't blocked off, that she should have realised that locking herself in wasn't going to save her...

I'd have thought that if she feared for her life, then having shoes or or not would in no way have affected her choice of exit route.  She would just try to get to a safe place, preferably out of the flat, but failing that behind a locked door.

So many assumptions: that she was in immediate fear of her life when she entered the bathroom, that the way out of the flat wasn't blocked off, that she should have realised that locking herself in wasn't going to save her...

I'd have thought that if she feared for her life, then having shoes or or not would in no way have affected her choice of exit route.  She would just try to get to a safe place, preferably out of the flat, but failing that behind a locked door.

There are so many assumptions in your reply I don't know where to begin :P

people are speculating so I added speculation of my own ..... but you knew that anyway

There are so many assumptions in your reply I don't know where to begin :P

people are speculating so I added speculation of my own ..... but you knew that anyway

Well, there are two main options being put forward.  His, that they both went to bed at 10 and he thought she was still there when he got up in the night, and the prosecution's, that they hadn't gone to bed but were having an argument.

Yes, it's possible that she got up at 1.00 for a midnight snack without waking him, and either stayed up or came back to bed and got up again at 3.00 and put her shoes on to go to the en-suite bathroom in the dark.

It just seems highly unlikely.

Ok a few things re shoes. A lot of people put on footware in sa houses because most do not have carpets. Typically a pair of flip flops etc. so putting "shoes" on to go to the loo etc is not unusual.

Re Risso and his outside crapper you should see the townships here, rows of porta crappers god only knows what they must be like . Ironically most are lined up next to the main road

The reporter on a Cape radio station today said in all seriousness that the people would be stumped trying to work out if he was guilty.

Wouldn't it be hard floors downstairs and deep shagpile carpets in the upstairs bedrooms. That's the spec id expect in exclusive SA residences.

probably not. Most sa houses I have been in are wooden floors or tiles all over . It's to keep them cool. My mate has a what you would pay a few million for in the uk and he hasn't got any carpet at all and like most boks thinks then unhygienic .

Wouldn't it be hard floors downstairs and deep shagpile carpets in the upstairs bedrooms. That's the spec id expect in exclusive SA residences.

probably not. Most sa houses I have been in are wooden floors or tiles all over . It's to keep them cool. My mate has a what you would pay a few million for in the uk and he hasn't got any carpet at all and like most boks thinks then unhygienic .
Hungary is the same really , they don't do anything without putting a sort of sandal or hard slipper on in the house as a lot of the floors are wooden or tiled

I walk around barefoot when I visit the in laws and they look at me like I'm weird ( no comment :) )

I've lived for years in a house with tile throughout. It's very hard on the feet. You end up wearing thick socks or slippers as bare foot becomes a chore.

hence the flip flop thing

Would OP's house have had A/C ?

I've lived for years in a house with tile throughout. It's very hard on the feet. You end up wearing thick socks or slippers as bare foot becomes a chore.

Too noisy on hard floors
certainly would have had a/c.

Would OP's house have had A/C ?

Too noisy on hard floors
certainly would have had a/c.
Thought he said something about fans in his statement and bringing them in from the balcony .. How hot is SA if you have to plug a fan in on your balcony in an attempt to cool the country down

It should be noted the first time i read about 2 fans on his balcony I thought " what a nice man inviting some fans up into his house at 3am but no wonder she was pissed off" :blush:

Fans on balconys are used to blow bugs away :-) tbh I think are people are trying to compare houses to those we have in the uk and they are not like that at all (edit ) I am going to my mates place at the weekend for a few beers I will take photos :-)

Edited by drat01

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â