Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

I see the Pistorious website has been revamped in the last few days, to give the right public impression.  I particularly appreciated the biblical quotations, which I found apt and thought-provoking.

No doubt the work of the newly appointed PR guru Stuart Higgins, late of the Sun, and his two colleagues, who I understand were both arrested as part of Operation Elvedon and may therefore be able to offer valuable insights to Oscar of dealing with the consequences of wrongful arrest.

Some 'rumours' about how she died. You have to wonder why he was granted bail if true.

The results of the post mortem on Steenkamp were not made public during the Paralympian's bail hearing last week, which resulted in the 26-year-old being released to await trial for pre-meditated murder.

Pistorius appeared at a police station in Pretoria on Monday to comply with the conditions of his bail

But the Daily Mail reports that the victim's family were given the grim news, with family members who saw Steenkamp before her funeral last Tuesday apparently confirming that she had "sustained horrific head injuries".

Reports before the bail hearing suggested that a bloodied cricket bat found at the scene would be the "key piece of evidence" in the trial, with forensic tests set to confirm whose blood is on the bat.

It is thought that the prosecution did not mention the cricket bat at the bail hearing in order not to give away the central argument of their case before the trial, though the defence mentioned a blood-covered cricket bat found in Pistorius's possession during the hearing.

The Pistorius family suffered a further blow on Sunday night as news emerged that Oscar's brother Carl Pistorius is awaiting trial for culpable homicide – South Africa's equivalent of manslaughter – for a car crash in which a woman died in 2008.

Oscar Pistorius also faces further embarrassment in the coming weeks if reports are accurate that he is about to take delivery of a £200,000 McLaren MP4-12C sports car, a present he bought himself in January to celebrate his golden achievements at London

Link

the prosecution did not mention the cricket bat at the bail hearing

There's your answer.
But this is the SA Police! :D

There was strong rumours of a blood stained bat from the start. As the story said, the prosecution may have decided to keep the facts about it to themselves to increase the chance of making the charge stick.

I know nothing about the machinations of courts. You'd think they'd mention the bat now so a psychopath (if he's guilty) wouldn't be granted bail.

Lets face it, he's no threat to the public now is he. There is no way he'll be able to so much as throw a chewing gum wrapper on the floor without being spotted. The police will be all over him until the trial.

The defence mentioned the bat and said it was used to break down the door.

If the prosecution chose to not mention the fact that there was evidence that he smashed her head in with it, then that can't be taken into account as part of the bail hearing.

But yeah, it will be interesting if the prosecution are "saving" that. Although I'd imagine if that was the case then the evidence would be pretty clear cut and there would be no need to save it.

I know nothing about the machinations of courts. You'd think they'd mention the bat now so a psychopath (if he's guilty) wouldn't be granted bail.

Lets face it, he's no threat to the public now is he. There is no way he'll be able to so much as throw a chewing gum wrapper on the floor without being spotted. The police will be all over him until the trial.

If he's capable of taking a bat to his partner's head then I reckon he's a threat to anyone around him particularly with the pressure he's currently under.

If there is a 'damaged' bat with her blood on it then I expect the defence to say the damage was done smashing the door and the blood off the toilet floor.

Its down to the presecution to convicne the judge that it was used to hit her with. It might be something they could not have ready for the bail hearing (lab tests, expert analysis) so chose to just keep quiet about it in the absence of hard data.

Just a thoery, all set up for a gripping few weeks in June :D

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â