Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

His story is laughable.

Yep I am sure Roux is going to paint a picture next week of Pistorius being so tired and stressed and confused so he can change the bits that were so damming. Not sure the judge will buy it though! Should be interesting though. Two great lawyers battling against each other.

think he's in big trouble after the last couple of days, far too many discrepancies, the prosecution lawyer seems to have swung it his way

but ive just seen them playing the cricket bat hitting the door and then the gun shots from 160m away and claiming its easy to know the difference, im not buying that, its easy to know the difference when you're in court and you're being told what they are, i bet if i kicked a football against a door at 2am you couldn't stand up in court and factually identify what id hit the door with

you'd spend at least 30 seconds trying to process what the **** it was, no way would you be able to identify it as different bangs

Haven't followed it so much this week but if you say the last couple of days have gone against him then he's in even bigger trouble as his 5 days in the stand was a total disaster for him.  

im sure he was still in the stand yesterday, from what i saw - 

the defence "expert" on forensics / ballistics wasnt exactly an expert... 

they played sound recordings of a cricket bat hitting a door and then recordings of gunshots, the 2 sounds are distinguishable, even from the 160m the neighbour was (hence my comment above, poor arguement IMO)

the expert then gave advice on the post mortem , of which he has attended 3, the prosecutors expert has attended somewhere between 10k-15k of them

all the tests carried out by the defence ballistics team used different bullets because they couldnt get hold of the proper ones

pistorius claimed that he heard a noise in the bathroom, in his statement he claimed he heard movement in the bathroom, really simple and possibly honest mistake but they hammered him over it

they claimed that he was crying over non upsetting questions in order to avoid answering them

the magazine rack in the bathroom doesnt fit with any of postorius claims, so he argues that someone has tampered with it

if the rack was moved then the marks on her back werent from her falling on it...

its swung it for me, i dont think he'll get charged with pre meditated murder but no way will he get nothing

Nice to see the prosecution is having more fun with Oscar's so called "expert" defense witness again today

Dixon: I'm probably not like the rest often world. I don't have TV or radio at home. I don't buy newspapers.

Dixon confirms to reporters during break that he has both facebook and twitter accounts

Dixon also commented on Nel's questioning of his credibility to certain facebook 'friends'

The bloke is so out of touch with the outside world he may as well be living on the moon

Nice to see the prosecution is having more fun with Oscar's so called "expert" defense witness again today

Dixon: I'm probably not like the rest often world. I don't have TV or radio at home. I don't buy newspapers.

Dixon confirms to reporters during break that he has both facebook and twitter accounts

Dixon also commented on Nel's questioning of his credibility to certain facebook 'friends'

The bloke is so out of touch with the outside world he may as well be living on the moon

I wonder how much he is being paid!

villa4europe: There's other things like not noticing Reeva had left the bedroom to go to the bathroom while he was moving fans etc in the room even if it was pitch black.  The probability of everything all the things being true regarding Pistorius's version of events is so small I can't see how the judge can give anything else than a guilty verdict.

I said at the end of last week that Roux has to come up with some good witnesses to turn this around and Nel has cast enough doubts about his first one Dixon so not a good start for the defence.

• 4 weeks later...

I've kinda gone from him being 99% innocent to 99% guilty since the trial started , if that's the general view  then it's just another clever ploy by his defence team

I figured the main point was to delay enough that the judge may have forgotten some of the damning evidence against him  ... with the added bonus that his state of mind that he will almost certainly attempt to put across gives him another excuse or grounds to appeal

Its a brilliant ace in the hole. Psyche report comes back and says he's anxious and paranoid....Oscar hears noises...Oscar goes bang bang.

Case dismissed. He might lose his right to own a gun and that's your lot.

I'd be very surprised if anxiety was seen as a justification for shooting several bullets through a door at someone confined in a small space, even if they believe his story that he thought it was a burglar.

If he's sufficiently disturbed to consider that a reasonable course of action, he would probably find himself held in a secure facility; if not, then he chose to try to kill someone though he was in no immediate danger, which is pretty serious.

The prosecution literally said if he was suffering from anxiety why didn't he just run away with reeva instead of approaching the danger

according to the psychiatrist he just couldn't

wierd

The thing that puzzles me is he has now been ordered to undergo a mental evaluation by the judge but how can his current mental state be the same as it was on the day he shot his girlfriend..... Just don't see how they can determine what his mental state was at that time. Ok if he'd been under the doctor and was being given prescription drugs like Tranqulisers or ssri's then fair enough...

The thing that puzzles me is he has now been ordered to undergo a mental evaluation by the judge but how can his current mental state be the same as it was on the day he shot his girlfriend..... Just don't see how they can determine what his mental state was at that time. Ok if he'd been under the doctor and was being given prescription drugs like Tranqulisers or ssri's then fair enough...

He's killed the woman he apparently loved and has been under intense pressure ever since. As you say, its impossible for his mental state to be the same as before it happened.

I feel that if he was going to have been sent down then it would have happened already, can see him getting off with it to some degree. Incredible.

He's killed the woman he apparently loved and has been under intense pressure ever since. As you say, its impossible for his mental state to be the same as before it happened.

I feel that if he was going to have been sent down then it would have happened already ...

Yeah, let's not wait for the end of the trial or anything. They should have just called it on Day 1 of the trial. 'Guilty', feck the trial and evidence ;)  :mrgreen:  :suspect:

How long does it have to last? I didn't know there was a time frame, my bad :D

Try following the Brooks/Coulson trial. :puke:  That bore-fest has been going on for seemingly 5 years already .... :huh:

I think the tactic employed there is to 'kick it into the long grass'.

Pisto's trial is brief by comparison, despite the break and now this nonsense.

They're delaying the inevitable, IMO, but it's the defence's job to try every tactic they can think of.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â