Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

TrentVilla

Another witness hearing screams and saw lights on..

Game over?

Maybe he screams like a girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_RGh89k3tA

• 2 weeks later...

Its hard to act that emotional so I think that bit is genuine.  But I couldn't listen anymore after he said he was only trying to protect her. Makes me cringe.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

nice how the prosecution go first and then he gets to  fabricates his story to match the events as they presented

I kinda thought he may be innocent , until today when he gave his evidence 

but unless someone can come up with a motive etc then I think he still has to go free  

but unless someone can come up with a motive etc then I think he still has to go free  

Free? Surely free isn't an option - he's confessed to killing someone.

Personally, I find it difficult to believe he hasn't shot his girlfriend after an argument and I think a murder conviction would be the right result, but if that doesn't come off, he wouldn't just be freed would he?

• Like 1

Free? Surely free isn't an option - he's confessed to killing someone.

Personally, I find it difficult to believe he hasn't shot his girlfriend after an argument and I think a murder conviction would be the right result, but if that doesn't come off, he wouldn't just be freed would he?

Are you thinking if not murder , then manslaughter ?  tbh i don't know how SA law works ..

presumably he's guilty on the illegal ownership of firearms , but don't know if that carries a jail term

I thought he could only be tried on the murder charge so if found not guilty of that then he can't be convicted of a lesser crime. Its in a previous post on here. 

Edited by PaulC

I'm finding his testimony quite sickening to be honest in that it seems like such obvious bullshit and there have been one or two things he's said that seem to be really cheap ploys for sympathy.

The bloke is so transparent it's unbelievable. He's absolutelty full of shit and all he cares about is saving his own ass. The whole crying/being sick thing is just cringe-worthy. When he was banging on about his nightmares and the fact he's on anti-depressants you can just tell he only cares for himself. If it was a genuine mistake, and he really was in love with the girl he killed, then I imagine he'd feel like he needs to be punished. Not trying to get out of it. 

Dunno, maybe I'm being cynical,but  if it were me in that situation and it was a genuine mistake I'd hate myself too much to care what happened to me.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4

presumably he's guilty on the illegal ownership of firearms

Why do you presume that?

His firearms application was read out in court as evidence wasn't it?

I gather he says the bullets, those ones designed to cause maximum harm to humans, were his father's and he was looking after them for "safe keeping" (cough).

The bloke is so transparent it's unbelievable. He's absolutelty full of shit and all he cares about is saving his own ass. The whole crying/being sick thing is just cringe-worthy. When he was banging on about his nightmares and the fact he's on anti-depressants you can just tell he only cares for himself. If it was a genuine mistake, and he really was in love with the girl he killed, then I imagine he'd feel like he needs to be punished. Not trying to get out of it.

Dunno, maybe I'm being cynical,but if it were me in that situation and it was a genuine mistake I'd hate myself too much to care what happened to me.

It happened over a year ago now. He's had time to deal with the guilt to a degree.

Murder or not, until you're in that situation yourself you can't possibly know how you'd "be".

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Dunno, maybe I'm being cynical,but if it were me in that situation and it was a genuine mistake I'd hate myself too much to care what happened to me.

It happened over a year ago now. He's had time to deal with the guilt to a degree.

Murder or not, until you're in that situation yourself you can't possibly know how you'd "be".

If he's had time to deal with the guilt why's he constantly puking up and crying like it happened yesterday?

Sorry, I just don't buy it, I think he's full of toss. But then there's a good chance i'm full of toss too :P

He's had a lot of time to carefully orchestrate what he and his defence team consider to be a "convincing" act in my opinion. I agree with Pieface that he seems to talking quite a lot about how all of this has affected him and almost playing the victim to a certain extent.

He's had a lot of time to carefully orchestrate what he and his defence team consider to be a "convincing" act in my opinion. I agree with Pieface that he seems to talking quite a lot about how all of this has affected him and almost playing the victim to a certain extent.

Yes that is a large part of the defence but its not a trial by jury so it won't have the same effect on a lady judge. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â