World Cup Qualifying General Talk

maqroll

He was saying it should be teams destined for the playoffs. I think he meant that confederation group winners from each region would still be there automatically.

Fair enough but any idea that puts all confederations in together is going to end up with Europe and South America on top, which is another way of getting stronger sides into the competition and removing diversity. Which is pretty much exactly what FIFA are trying to avoid.

• 2 weeks later...

Uruguay through it seems 5-0 up on Jordan.

Oh well, I guess that was a little too much to ask for. Should've known she couldn't handle them on her own.
  • Like 1

sadly, hoped Jordan could have dragged it to a 2nd leg :(

Interesting Mexico game tonight, if not careful they might struggle to break New Zealand down and I imagine if no goal after about 20 minutes the fans will turn

Was always going to be a mismatch although I didn't quite expect Uruguay 5-0 away from home. Shame Uzbekistan didn't get through, would've given Uruguay a tougher game.

Jordan might aswell appeal to Fifa just to postpone the 2nd leg, waste of fuel flying out to Montevideo!

Think Mexico will be comfortable aswell, 3-0.

Yep and there's real strength in depth. Paraguay reached the quarters last time out and reached 4 world cups which is the best record outside of Argies and brazil but their team just got old together and they finished bottom. Venezuela have improved tremendously over the last 10 years and should be making a world cup sooner or later but just lack the belief at the moment.

Peru could come again, they produced talented players like Farfan. Only really Bolivia that doesn't have a realistic shot at qualifying anytime soon but always difficult with the altitude.

South American certainly does deserve it's 4 + 1.

New Zealand are total **** garbage.

Can't believe Mexico after only finishing 4th and changing coaches every 5 minutes aren't even being made to work hard for this, they have a free pass to the world cup.

This tie will be over tonight, mexico should score 4 or 5 here.

EDIT : BOF

Yeah Brazil were like that in 2002, chaotic in qualifying yet ended up winning the whole thing.

Mexico are usualy a last 16 team at the world cup, I think they'll do well to get out of the group this time.

Obviously they have quality upfront (need to convince Vela to return to the fold) but midfield and defence even with the euro players back looks very average to me.

Uruguay through it seems 5-0 up on Jordan.

Oh well, I guess that was a little too much to ask for. Should've known she couldn't handle them on her own.

Are we talking about the same jordan? I thought she'd eat 11 guys alive.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â