The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I must admit that I've never even heard of that 'Bells Are Ringing' site before. The OP on that thread states that his sources have never previously been wrong so it would be interesting to see what that poster has revealed before. Unfortunatly it isn't like here were you can just click on the poster's profile and view their previous posts that way though.

I suspect they are after new forum members, and it seems to be working. 

Yeah, something is fishy about this to be honest. Seems like there have been about 5000 posts in total on there, yet I've already seen 3 or 4 people with over post counts of over 1000 each. Unless they're just posting to each other?

They're also running a scrolling news banner type thing at the top of their site:

"Randy Lerner to sell up? Exciting news as this story breaks first on The Bells Are Ringing. Register now to have your say..."

Really odd, I call B/S. Good marketing idea though, mind you.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Someone on another site is saying that HH is saying the Miami Heat owner or a Houston guy. Not sure as I can't see his tweets probably just his guess I imagine. Looking on different sites I've seen so many random US names mentioned today.

No, he has just suggested those names when asked who he thought it might be but he wasn't pushing them forward as anything other than his own personal guess.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Was it Gentleman who tried to make out we were signing Memphis Depay in January or was that somebody else?

I love this witch hunt. It does not surprise me given the abuse dished out to our players and manager. Pathetic. 

Was it Gentleman who tried to make out we were signing Memphis Depay in January or was that somebody else?

I love this witch hunt. It does not surprise me given the abuse dished out to our players and manager. Pathetic.
you lied and said we was signing someone and got everyone's hopes up. If we did sign anyone you would claim to be ITK, exactly what you are doing again here. Your the pathetic one matey Edited by Tezvilla

I love this witch hunt. It does not surprise me given the abuse dished out to our players and manager. Pathetic.

Haha how can you complain? You wanted the attention, you got your pm messages and it was all rubbish. Of course you're going to get some grief when you act like that.

I love this witch hunt. It does not surprise me given the abuse dished out to our players and manager. Pathetic.

Eh? I merely asked if it was you or not as I couldn't remember. Judging by your reaction, it clearly was you and I'd like to say that anybody who pretends to have inside knowledge when they don't isn't really in a position to accuse others of being 'pathetic'.

you lied and said we was signing someone and got everyone's hopes up. If we did sign anyone you would claim to be ITK, exactly what you are doing again here. Your the pathetic one matey

That is utter rubbish. I did not lie, I was told in good faith that signings were being lined up and I passed the information on. Additionally, Lambert said the day before the transfer window closed - "There's about 15 things I'm trying to do at the minute,” (Birmingham Mail) I suppose he is lying too? 

I was wrong and apologised for it, I guess that is "pathetic" behaviour compared to abusing players/manager(s) and starting aggressive witch hunts against posters. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 3

Eh? I merely asked if it was you or not as I couldn't remember. Judging by your reaction, it clearly was you and I'd like to say that anybody who pretends to have inside knowledge when they don't isn't really in a position to accuse others of being 'pathetic'. 

You name dropped me, of course I would react to your post and defend myself. I never said anything about Depay, I only made a subtle and playful hint. I was given no names and I foolishly assumed it was Depay because we were linked shortly afterwards (and we had a strong link with signing players from Holland in the past). I am really disappointed with you Isa, you are a sensible and intelligent person.

you lied and said we was signing someone and got everyone's hopes up. If we did sign anyone you would claim to be ITK, exactly what you are doing again here. Your the pathetic one matey

That is utter rubbish. I did not lie, I was told in good faith that signings were being lined up and I passed the information on. Additionally, Lambert said the day before the transfer window closed - "There's about 15 things I'm trying to do at the minute,” (Birmingham Mail) I suppose he is lying too?

I was wrong and apologised for it, I guess that is "pathetic" behaviour compared to abusing players/manager(s) and starting aggressive witch hunts against posters.

you knew nothing you took a punt that we would sign someone and make you look ITK

you knew nothing you took a punt that we would sign someone and make you look ITK

Not at all. I received information from a reliable source and foolishly took it to heart without thinking about the consequences. I was looking forward to new players in January, and was disappointed we did not acquire any. It really is not that hard to grasp. 

"Make you look ITK" -  :crylaugh:

• Like 2

We could always hope for somebody to run the place properly and increase revenue. I suppose that would be a start.

It'd be good, but it's not the way to succeed in this league, successful teams have money coming from outside and they have huge debts or huge losses. If we can get to a position where running your business well has some sort of relationship to the success of your team then I think the game would be in a better position, but right now, it doesn't seem to matter much.

Â