The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I take the rough with the smooth and see the bigger picture, that stops me 99% of the time having a 'modern fan cry' after losing a game.

Not just the one loss is it?

Unless we played two games today..... Yes.

This coming from someone claiming to see the "bigger picture"

Very good point that. Why is it always one game? We have been awful for 90% of the season so far.

I take the rough with the smooth and see the bigger picture, that stops me 99% of the time having a 'modern fan cry' after losing a game.

Last year we lost 9 home games, that's the joint worst in the clubs history.

Not for long.
Exactly but it's just modern fans crying. What an idiotic thing to say.
Someone disagrees with you so it must be idiotic? Dry your eyes mate.

I take the rough with the smooth and see the bigger picture, that stops me 99% of the time having a 'modern fan cry' after losing a game.

Last year we lost 9 home games, that's the joint worst in the clubs history.
Not for long.
Exactly but it's just modern fans crying. What an idiotic thing to say.
Someone disagrees with you so it must be idiotic? Dry your eyes mate.

Oh bore off with the "modern fan" nonsense. Fans have always moaned about their football club in every bloody era. I should know, I've been a regular down Villa Park since the mid 70s, so stop trying to play it down and dismiss criticism because we're modern fans. It's cobblers.

Also it's not just 1 game. We've lost 8 home games and we're not even half way through February yet! Wake up and smell the coffee!

• Like 1

Fair play to 'suttonpaul' with his positivity. But will he still be feeling this way if we get relegated, because every season now its a struggle not just 'one game'. This is no way to support our club, accept the losses and just accept 95% of the time we will lose at home. Not really what I pay my money for.......

Please tell me about his bigger picture, cause ive been waiting for it since lambert was signed???

Well we've had our chance to break that duck on two occasions so far that i can think of

Think one was against Sunderland at home and one was Yesterday

Bit of a joke tbh but i expect nothing less from the yes man we have in charge having his strings pulled by the chairman

Better men than me have tried to reason with you but its obvious nothing is going to change your mind is it?

After that game why on earth would I change my mind.

The fact we are on an even keel and not spiralling into bankruptcy is not a bad start?

Its a positive that we're not spiralling into bankruptcy? Get the flags out. We earn more money than most prem teams this is hardly worth a cheer.

The fact that we are actually trying to play

You don't watch us much do you?

The fact we persuaded Benteke to stay in the summer against the odds.

That was a positive, I'll give you that.

The fact that highly paid journeymen are being ousted from the club.

And replaced with?

The fact our players are no longer hanging one on and then abusing our the coaches (legend at that)

Clutching now. I knew it didn't take much to impress you.

Watching the club I love lose to a poor West Ham side, alongside my son who has never seen Villa lift any silverware is not my idea of fun either

So why defend the owner?

Difference is, I do not spend all my evenings venting my splein to a group of people who frankly skip the posts because they know what the content will be just by looking at your user name!

Wait..you mean a few strangers on the internet don't like what I post?.....not sure how I'm going to cope.

Better men than me have tried to reason with you but its obvious nothing is going to change your mind is it?

After that game why on earth would I change my mind.

The fact we are on an even keel and not spiralling into bankruptcy is not a bad start?

Its a positive that we're not spiralling into bankruptcy? Get the flags out. We earn more money than most prem teams this is hardly worth a cheer.

The fact that we are actually trying to play

You don't watch us much do you?

The fact we persuaded Benteke to stay in the summer against the odds.

That was a positive, I'll give you that.

The fact that highly paid journeymen are being ousted from the club.

And replaced with?

The fact our players are no longer hanging one on and then abusing our the coaches (legend at that)

Clutching now. I knew it didn't take much to impress you.

Watching the club I love lose to a poor West Ham side, alongside my son who has never seen Villa lift any silverware is not my idea of fun either

So why defend the owner?

Difference is, I do not spend all my evenings venting my splein to a group of people who frankly skip the posts because they know what the content will be just by looking at your user name!

Wait..you mean a few strangers on the internet don't like what I post?.....not sure how I'm going to cope.

Why bother? Its like knocking on wood. Only solace I take is that someone like you has no influence over anything.

Yes I do watch the games, you want to try going now and then. You might get a perspective more akin to real life rather than permanent residence on this site!

Seasons ticket holder for 10+ years. Its why i'm not living in your dream world.

Under Lerner we've had the least amount of home wins during a season in the clubs history and have seen the most amount of home losses in a season in the clubs history. And we may well see that beaten this season.

But yeah none of that is real life perspective is it? Real facts like that obviously mean nothing.

Lerner must be thrilled there's still a few fans like you out there.

I think claiming that being upset with yesterday's result is 'modern fans crying' over one game is an idioctic thing to say.

Feel free to say why you disagree.

The league is tight, it has been for a few years. If we win and/or draw the next couple of games (I haven't looked at the fixtures, so please don't roll them off for me, this is hypothetical) then we'll be top of the 'lower half' pile again and we'll start looking up, instead of down, like we were after the Baggies game. That's why I don't cry over a couple of losses. We've been good, we've been bad. Ups and downs. Nothing to cry about in my opinion, not yet anyway.
  • Like 1

I think claiming that being upset with yesterday's result is 'modern fans crying' over one game is an idioctic thing to say.

Feel free to say why you disagree.

The league is tight, it has been for a few years. If we win and/or draw the next couple of games (I haven't looked at the fixtures, so please don't roll them off for me, this is hypothetical) then we'll be top of the 'lower half' pile again and we'll start looking up, instead of down, like we were after the Baggies game. That's why I don't cry over a couple of losses. We've been good, we've been bad. Ups and downs. Nothing to cry about in my opinion, not yet anyway.
You seem to have ignored the last 3 and a half years. That's why people are unhappy, not because we've lost a couple of games over a short period of time.

We're currently experiencing the worst home form in the history of the club. There are no fans alive today who have seen us win less games than we did during the 11/12 season. The fans back in 1890 witnessed us win just 5 home games which is what we did last year. Let that soak in for a minute.

We're also looking like the only group of fans in the club history who are going to witness the most home losses in a season. Let that also soak in for a minute.

Edited by Big_John_10

I don't need to let anything soak in BJ10. I'm responding to your remark that Suttonpaul's comment was idiotic. We lost a game and the moans got stronger and louder. Nothing to do with our history or the last 3 and a half years. People are unhappy, that's clear. But we'll win a game and people will start to look up.

I just don't understand what Lerner's motivation for Aston Villa is.

If he doesn't have the cash to spend then why buy one of the most successful English clubs with a fan base that doesn't accept mediocrity lying down.

Lerner has put a lot of money into Villa but what does he have to show for it? A nice ground? Good training facility, The Holte pub? Surely these can't be what has motivated him to spend 240m.

In terms of saleable players besides Benteke the pots now empty we no longer have the quality of the Barry's, Youngs, Milners or even Downing to sell off. Under Lerner the quality of the squad is almost as bad as the 87 squad that finished bottom of the league. Only a masochist could get any enjoyment from this.

He might have a tattoo but I don't think he's a true Villan, I mean that it's like one of us picking an American Football team to follow. You may "like" that team but your blood doesn't run with their colours, say what you want about Ellis but he was first a Villa fan so I can fully understand why Deadly wanted to be Mr Aston Villa.

He isn't going to make money from Aston Villa, he doesn't court publicity and no matter what Lambert says he hardly even attends games.

Why is he even here? What is his motivation?

The three games precluding west ham was a loss at Goodison 2-1, a win in the local derby and a 2-2 draw at Anfield but yea were going down and not going to reach more than 31 points according to some supporters. Boo hoo.

How about looking at the bigger picture? 4 losses in a row this season. Not even Mcleish did that. Or, since December we only have 3 wins in all competitions. Can you not see why people are unhappy?

The three games precluding west ham was a loss at Goodison 2-1, a win in the local derby and a 2-2 draw at Anfield but yea were going down and not going to reach more than 31 points according to some supporters. Boo hoo.

What about Bradford, Millwall, Sheffield United.. or Palace, Wigan, Southampton?

"The bigger picture" remember.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â