The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Boooo to the fans.

Why can't you make a comment without antagonising people?

It's clearly been stated that IT'S THE MINORITY that booed Bennett when he came on. Surely you agree that those SMALL PERCENTAGE OF FANS are a disgrace?

But typically you'll make it out that people are moaning about the entire fan base.

We have some idiot fans. Which team doesn't?

I'm not surprised that after that display you and thetrees have come on the Lerner thread to moan about a small minority of fans.

More post on poster BJ10.

You really do like to put your anti-Lerner spin on everything that people post.

You're right, we've bought great quality.

Lerner and Lambert are both to blame... We were close to Southampton last year, they spent double what we did and are now nearly 10 points ahead. Of course, money doesn't matter.

Loyal supporters who love the club

Given our home record and dire performances over the last 3 seasons I find it remarkable we are averaging almost 37k this season. Big pat on the back for those that have continued to go and I include myself in that. Having said that I cannot fault those who have thrown the towel in and had enough.

Perhaps it sends the wrong message out to Lerner though that we have one of the worst home records in the country, and have had for the last three seasons, yet 34k+ homes fans still turn up at VP.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Has this man sold up yet. Take both Paul's with you

This summer, I think.

I'm guessing more stories tomorrow - positive spin - to cover the takeover story.

In the last 5 years Southampton have spent 25 million less than us net and Liverpool have only spent 3 million more. Hmmm? But its all down to budgets

Lambert hasn't been here 5 years. In that time, our managers have been forced to dump high earners for budget players.

Edited by dodgyknees

Loyal supporters who love the club

Given our home record and dire performances over the last 3 seasons I find it remarkable we are averaging almost 37k this season. Big pat on the back for those that have continued to go and I include myself in that. Having said that I cannot fault those who have thrown the towel in and had enough.

Perhaps it sends the wrong message out to Lerner though that we have one of the worst home records in the country, and have had for the last three seasons, yet 34k+ homes fans still turn up at VP.

Yup I'm really surprised we're still getting 37k. I'm finding it very difficult to justify the money for next season. I know supporting a club isn't about getting value for money. But, there's pretty much no value in having a Villa season ticket. It's not just about winning games, I could take a mediocre set of results if the football we played was entertaining but it's terrible football with terrible results. It's just a bit draining. Randy needs to spend again otherwise fans will stop spending on going.

• Like 1

Last year we lost 9 games at home. Thats joint worst in the clubs history when we did the same in 1967.

We've currently lost 8 home games so could well see another club record broken under Lerner.

What not under Lambert.

He sets the **** teams up at home. Strange our away form is better, Lerners obviously setting us up better????

In the last 5 years Southampton have spent 25 million less than us net and Liverpool have only spent 3 million more. Hmmm? But its all down to budgets

The problem is, they haven't had 4 different managers in that period, all wanting to build their own team.

Not only have managers pissed money up the wall on overpaid mediocre players, with long contracts, a year later another manager has come in and done the same thing.

The lack of direction from season to season has lead to us spending money on signing replacements for relatively new players. For all the money we've spent over the last 5 years, we've got **** all to show for it. Most of it has rotted in the reserves and then left for nowt.

Edited by Davkaus

Post on poster? I'm talking about your posts and opinions on villa. Hardly a personal attack,

Bit sensitive today.

Not at all sensitive, thanks all the same.

It appears that some of us cannot comment on anything that happens with the Villa without being accused of 'defending' or 'deflecting' in your twisted misinterpretations.

Fortunately most of us have a wider scope than just our dislike of one individual.

The problem is, they haven't had 4 different managers in that period, all wanting to build their own team.

Not only have managers pissed money up the wall on overpaid mediocre players, with long contracts, a year later another manager has come in and done the same thing.

The lack of direction from season to season has lead to us spending money on signing replacements for relatively new players. For all the money we've spent over the last 5 years, we've got **** all to show for it. Most of it has rotted in the reserves and then left for nowt.

Plus high payouts on managers.

What about the last 4 years? I guess what im saying is why pluck out 5 years. I could use 2 years and stats would be vastly different to prove the opposite Edited by HeyAnty

There must be loads. He wouldn't have come in on his high horse otherwise.

Better men than me have tried to reason with you but its obvious nothing is going to change your mind is it?

The fact we are on an even keel and not spiralling into bankruptcy is not a bad start?

The fact that we are actually trying to play, albeit with a young and inexperienced side at this level.

The fact we persuaded Benteke to stay in the summer against the odds.

The fact that highly paid journeymen are being ousted from the club.

The fact our players are no longer hanging one on and then abusing our the coaches (legend at that)

Watching the club I love lose to a poor West Ham side, alongside my son who has never seen Villa lift any silverware is not my idea of fun either. Difference is, I do not spend all my evenings venting my splein to a group of people who frankly skip the posts because they know what the content will be just by looking at your user name!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â