The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Randy deserves more respect than is currently being afforded to him on this site IMO.

His humility is deafening & an example to us all.

I'm proud he is the Chairman of Aston Villa & no doubt he is too.

It's very rare these days that you find a man with such dignity & with no ego given his high profile & status, but Randy is certainly that man.

Lerner in, that's what I say & long may he reign.

Give him the red card? No chance.

Give him the red carpet? Now your talkin'.

Take a bow Randy son, take a bow!

Wow. I can only laugh
It's getting boring BJ10, all you seem to do on this site is snipe at RL at every opportunity, and anyone who doesn't share your opinion.

We get it, everybody gets it - You don't like Randy Lerner!

You're clearly a passionate supporter of the club, but you've got to respect other people's opinions!

Lerner deserves all the sniping he gets, and more!

I understand the negative posts get you down a bit, but they're only reflecting what's been happening on the pitch for the last 4 or so seasons, so it's no wonder fans are agitated.

As an aside, I find the bizarre positive posts on here every bit as frustrating as you find the negative ones. Especially when they're based on nothing but wishful thinking.

This club is in serious decline, and there's only one man to blame - Randy Lerner.

and anyone who doesn't share your opinion.

I wasn't having a go at him, I just found what he posted laughable.

And it wasn't just laughable, it was pathetic.

I think the shackles are going to be on until this guy sells up. It's quite clear he wants out now, he's lost intrest and cutting costs (like Ellis did) to make us a more viable purchase. I think it will take a lot longer to find a new owner, we're not as much a bargain when Lerner took over, and with the new TV deal it's probably trebled the value of the club.

Everton have been up for sale for years, I think we better get used to this shite under Lerner.

I always think the big problem Everton have is that any potential buyer knows that their first job after buying Everton would be to pay for a new stadium to be built. Goodison has thousands of restricted views, its capacity reduces every so often and there may come a point where it doesn't get the required safety certificate for parts of it.

At least we have a big, good quality stadium as our main asset for any potential buyer.

• Like 1

Randy deserves more respect than is currently being afforded to him on this site IMO.

It's very rare these days that you find a man with such dignity & with no ego given his high profile & status, but Randy is certainly that man.

Wow. I can only laugh
It's getting boring BJ10, all you seem to do on this site is snipe at RL at every opportunity, and anyone who doesn't share your opinion.

We get it, everybody gets it - You don't like Randy Lerner!

You're clearly a passionate supporter of the club, but you've got to respect other people's opinions!

Take a bow Woody son, take a bow.

I think the shackles are going to be on until this guy sells up. It's quite clear he wants out now, he's lost intrest and cutting costs (like Ellis did) to make us a more viable purchase. I think it will take a lot longer to find a new owner, we're not as much a bargain when Lerner took over, and with the new TV deal it's probably trebled the value of the club.

Everton have been up for sale for years, I think we better get used to this shite under Lerner.

I always think the big problem Everton have is that any potential buyer knows that their first job after buying Everton would be to pay for a new stadium to be built. Goodison has thousands of restricted views, its capacity reduces every so often and there may come a point where it doesn't get the required safety certificate for parts of it.

At least we have a big, good quality stadium as our main asset for any potential buyer.

And we are a big club situated in a major city with no serious rivals. We could easily attract potential buyers.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

For the first three statements, explain why and I may respect your post. Simply posting something with no substance behind it is pointless. I.e.

His humility is deafening & an example to us all?

I'm proud he is the Chairman of Aston Villa & no doubt he is too?

I will not elaborate further on any of the points raised as they are not pointless but self explanatory. Is Randy humble? Yes. Am I proud he is Chairman? Yes. Does Randy have an ego? No.

What is there to elaborate on? What don't you understand?

Edited by villa-revolution

This club is in serious decline, and there's only one man to blame - Randy Lerner

Mmm, and no.

The club's been worse, a lot worse. But you have a point, it's not exactly pulling up trees. It's below where we'd like and where we all think it could, should and ought to be.

The main thing I take issue with is that it's "all" Randy Lerner's fault. It just isn't IMO

If we won the league, it wouldn't be all his credit. If we "fail" it's not all his fault. The same factors apply.

That's not defending him, for the sake of it, just pointing out that Villa's fortunes depend and are affected by more than one soul. Anyone who thinks differently, go ahead....persuade me it's only Randy and all Randy's fault.

He's ultimately responsible for the club, but he's not in control of results, and nor is any owner/CEO/chairman.

Randy didn't cause us to lose to Sheffield Utd. The Sheff Utd. chairman didn't cause them to (deservedly) beat us last saturday. Players, managers, others share the story.

Ultimately the buck stops with the man at the top and the man at the top is Randy Lerner.

We've got a team packed with players who are Championship standard, and the reason they're at Villa is because Lerner won't pay Premier League wages.

He is at fault 100%.

This club is in serious decline, and there's only one man to blame - Randy Lerner

Mmm, and no.

The club's been worse, a lot worse. But you have a point, it's not exactly pulling up trees. It's below where we'd like and where we all think it could, should and ought to be.

The main thing I take issue with is that it's "all" Randy Lerner's fault. It just isn't IMO

If we won the league, it wouldn't be all his credit. If we "fail" it's not all his fault. The same factors apply.

That's not defending him, for the sake of it, just pointing out that Villa's fortunes depend and are affected by more than one soul. Anyone who thinks differently, go ahead....persuade me it's only Randy and all Randy's fault.

He's ultimately responsible for the club, but he's not in control of results, and nor is any owner/CEO/chairman.

Randy didn't cause us to lose to Sheffield Utd. The Sheff Utd. chairman didn't cause them to (deservedly) beat us last saturday. Players, managers, others share the story.

Ultimately the buck stops with the man at the top and the man at the top is Randy Lerner.

We've got a team packed with players who are Championship standard, and the reason they're at Villa is because Lerner won't pay Premier League wages.

He is at fault 100%.

Nicely reasoned comments obliterated by modern-day all or nothing opinion.  So much of what is annoying about folk these days captured right there.

How on earth can someone be SO positive that something is 100 % what they think it is ?

Do you allow no room whatsoever that Manager, Coaching Staff, Players, Luck, Fans, Attendances, and 10000001 other things ALSO contribute - even a teensy weensy bit ?

And we are a big club situated in a major city with no serious rivals. We could easily attract potential buyers.

There is a big problem with that.

Birmingham, unlike Manchester and Liverpool, has surrendered thousands of fans to Sky 4 clubs in the past 10 years.

Maybe only because we haven't been worth watching !

I always thought if someone did speculate to accumulate (like RL almost did actually) that we ar ein a better position geographically etc than any other Club to expand the fanbase.

Mmm, and no.

Take a bow Blandy son, take a bow!

Mmm, and no.

not enough views like that on here IMO.....problem is as much as you say that, someone will come along and construe that as unconditionally defending him, which is equally not whats been suggested.

We have about 5 million people within an hour of the ground and only Wolves, Baggies and Stoke for competition.

Further more...with the right conditions in place i.e a team winning and playing attractive football.... we have the whole M6 Corridor down to Exeter as feasible potential.

its heart breakingly  under performing.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Birmingham, unlike Manchester and Liverpool, has surrendered thousands of fans to Sky 4 clubs in the past 10 years.

I don't think so. Our attendances have been pretty stable over the last decade. In fact they're much higher than they were 20+ years ago.

Irrelevant. If you are willing to build a good team the fan base will increase, simple. We have a huge catchment area and no real successful teams in miles, we are more attractive than Everton IMO. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â