The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I actually can't stand Lerner, don't know if I've ever said that.

While I'm glad there's fans out there who are starting to turn I'm actually not sure 'just sell up' is the right message. Before that I'd like to at least give him one more chance. I'd rather pressure to be put on the board to actually communicate with the fans. With a better idea of what the plan is more of us will be better positioned to then decide if we did want the owner to sell up.

Now then BJ10, please don't suggest that you would listen to anyone else's point of view when it came to your pet obsession, Randy Lerner. ;)

...The only difference is that you have a loan that technically has to be paid back to you at some point, compared to a shareholding that you'll only get back if you sell the shares.  As it's all "you" in some shape or form, it doesn't make a whole ot of difference.  Your trading performance will still be the only thing that affects the Profit and Loss account, which ultimately is what makes a company better off or not.

Thanks for all the bean-counting knowledge etc.

The bit quoted is to me the thing I like - And currently it may only be semantics or a technicality, but Randy only getting the money back if he sells is better than a loan that has to be paid back, regardless.

It isn't really though, is it?  He can decide to pay back the loan or not, whenever he likes.  The fact that all the interest was written off shows just how seriously the trust took them.  It's not often a bank would do similarly.  If he has used the share capital to pay off the loan, we're no better off in simple terms, and Paul Lambert will not see any effect whatsoever on his spending ability, which is probably the fact that most people on here are interested in.  Everything else is just window dressing.

Was it the trust or RL who sorted  out the interest?

Well again, that comes down to the blurred lines between Lerner the individual, and Lerner the beneficiary (and seemingly trustee) of the trust.  If the loan is from the trust, then legally they are the only ones who can write off the interest.  Seeing as Lerner is a trustee though, it was his decision in the end, just as it's all his money he's circulating in one way or another, which is my point. 

I think the shackles are going to be on until this guy sells up. It's quite clear he wants out now, he's lost intrest and cutting costs (like Ellis did) to make us a more viable purchase. I think it will take a lot longer to find a new owner, we're not as much a bargain when Lerner took over, and with the new TV deal it's probably trebled the value of the club.

Everton have been up for sale for years, I think we better get used to this shite under Lerner.

• Like 1

I think the shackles are going to be on until this guy sells up. It's quite clear he wants out now, he's lost intrest and cutting costs (like Ellis did) to make us a more viable purchase. I think it will take a lot longer to find a new owner, we're not as much a bargain when Lerner took over, and with the new TV deal it's probably trebled the value of the club.

Everton have been up for sale for years, I think we better get used to this shite under Lerner.

This 100%

Randy deserves more respect than is currently being afforded to him on this site IMO.

His humility is deafening & an example to us all.

I'm proud he is the Chairman of Aston Villa & no doubt he is too.

It's very rare these days that you find a man with such dignity & with no ego given his high profile & status, but Randy is certainly that man.

Lerner in, that's what I say & long may he reign.

Give him the red card? No chance.

Give him the red carpet? Now your talkin'.

Take a bow Randy son, take a bow!

• Like 2

Randy deserves more respect than is currently being afforded to him on this site IMO.

It's very rare these days that you find a man with such dignity & with no ego given his high profile & status, but Randy is certainly that man.

So what you're saying is you're happy to have a chairman who is disinterested in the club and wants to sell because he has humility? He's become bored and disinterested in the club, it's for the good of Randy and Aston Villa we both move on.

So what you're saying is you're happy to have a chairman who is disinterested in the club and wants to sell because he has humility? He's become bored and disinterested in the club, it's for the good of Randy and Aston Villa we both move on.

My answer lies in the first sentence of the above post,

If he has lost interest in the club and I'm not in a position to dispute that.

Why do you think that is?

It wasn't so long ago he was adorning his leg with our crest.

I agree, im a Lerner fan. Ok we are going through tough contraints with him, but after the O'Neil debarcle unfortunately we had to, if not to end up like a portsmouth/Leeds. Dont get me wrong we need to start spending but im sure that time will come, ok not sure when, but unfortunately he is a business man and he's not going to throw money at the club (again) knowing this wont bring success, so its going to be a slow process rebuilding the foundations.

One thing I do know is Lerner will never want us relegated and I believe if we do not bring in a big buy this window it will be part down to Lambert believing we dont need it to stay in the premier League or his stubborness. If we needed a Bent type signing im sure it would come, because we do have Benteke if the money needs to come back in the Summer.

We could have a whole lot worse and even though it has been a horrible couple of seasons, we have not been relegated and to me that was a big part of the plan.

Wow. I can only laugh

• Like 2

Have we ever thought, Lerner may need some faith in Lambert before he starts giving him the big money. I mean he's been burnt once. He only gave Houllier 20 million because he came with vast premier league experience and I dont think I would trust lambert with 20 million of my money at the moment. It may come in bits then when he can see the team improving, going forward, he may give us the big bucks to move on. Its all speculation, but its a believable option.

Wow. I can only laugh
It's getting boring BJ10, all you seem to do on this site is snipe at RL at every opportunity, and anyone who doesn't share your opinion.

We get it, everybody gets it - You don't like Randy Lerner!

You're clearly a passionate supporter of the club, but you've got to respect other people's opinions!

Have we ever thought, Lerner may need some faith in Lambert before he starts giving him the big money. I mean he's been burnt once. He only gave Houllier 20 million because he came with vast premier league experience and I dont think I would trust lambert with 20 million of my money at the moment. It may come in bits then when he can see the team improving, going forward, he may give us the big bucks to move on. Its all speculation, but its a believable option.

So you're taking bashing Lambert from the 'why we should sack Paul Lambert' thread to the Randy Lerner thread. Please keep it in that thread which I am sick of and bash Lerner in this thread were the main problem lays

I generally admire your optimism but...come on!

For the first three statements, explain why and I may respect your post. Simply posting something with no substance behind it is pointless. I.e.

His humility is deafening & an example to us all?

I'm proud he is the Chairman of Aston Villa & no doubt he is too?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â