The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I'd have no problems watching Aston Villa at the Red Bull Arena. Would still be Villa Park to me, When Red Bull eventually move on it will still be called Villa Park. We'd just have had a much better time watching much better players playing much better football.

That said, it ain't happening. :(

• Like 1

I'd have no problems watching Aston Villa at the Red Bull Arena. Would still be Villa Park to me, When Red Bull eventually move on it will still be called Villa Park. We'd just have had a much better time watching much better players playing much better football.

That said, it ain't happening. :(

Wont be Aston villa though. Will be red bull villa playing in white and red

...in the fashion that Ashburton Grove ... dubbed The Emirates

I honestly didn't even know this  :blush:

It doesn't back up the argument, sadly.

Arsenal fans tried to get it colloqually named Ashburton Grove in a bid to try and give the brand new stadium some character. I can confirm, living around the corner from the Emirates, that nobody in Holloway or Islington calls that stadium 'Ashburton Grove' anymore. It has defacto reverted to 'The Emirates'.

I actually can't stand Lerner, don't know if I've ever said that.

While I'm glad there's fans out there who are starting to turn I'm actually not sure 'just sell up' is the right message. Before that I'd like to at least give him one more chance. I'd rather pressure to be put on the board to actually communicate with the fans. With a better idea of what the plan is more of us will be better positioned to then decide if we did want the owner to sell up.

• Like 4

theses goin around for the Arsenal game - no point really with Lerner :(.

http://pic.twitter.com/HVVjHo0baX

Embarrassing

I'm not sure why its embarrassing. The last few years have been awful, we've allowed other clubs to get stronger because of the new TV deal and we really have no clue what Lerner has planned. I think the way this club has performed and been run is more embarrassing than any protest against the owner.

Embarrassing

I'm not sure why its embarrassing. The last few years have been awful, we've allowed other clubs to get stronger because of the new TV deal and we really have no clue what Lerner has planned. I think the way this club has performed and been run is more embarrassing than any protest against the owner.

It's embarrassing because waving shitty little red cards around would make us look like a bunch of tits.

I don't care what the message is. They could say "Mila Kunis to marry Stevo985" for all I care. It would still make us look like a bunch of morons.

• Like 1

If there was a protest and i certainly hope there wouldn't be, i'd be worried that Lerner would just say **** it and sell up to a worse alternative with less money.

Part of me really hopes Lerner does this.

Embarrassing

It's embarrassing because waving shitty little red cards around would make us look like a bunch of tits.

I don't care what the message is. They could say "Mila Kunis to marry Stevo985" for all I care. It would still make us look like a bunch of morons.

Not really. At least not for the reasons you suggest. Peaceful protest should be applauded, always. The pound sign protest was well done, reasonably well isolated and it might have worked, though we'll never truly know either way.

What I find abhorrent is using a dead mans name in such a way. Disgraceful.

• Like 1

Embarrassing

I'm not sure what other ways there are to do it at the football ground. Surely you didn't think the £ sign protest made us look like a bunch of morons did you?

If there was a protest and i certainly hope there wouldn't be, i'd be worried that Lerner would just say **** it and sell up to a worse alternative with less money.

You hope Lerner sells the club you support to worse owners? Why on earth would any part of you want that?

I don't think that there is someone out there who could afford what Lerner is asking for the club and have less money and be worse?

I don't see the point in Randy Lerner owning a football club of the prestige of Villa (unless if he is making good money). It's like having a Ferrari and never using it. Fans deserve better for a club of this size.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â