The Randy Lerner thread

CI

No, I think he was in Grease.

Woo hoo I'd DHUTWU

I'll bear that in mind, cheers! :blink:

Yes, I'm an accountant by training, but don't do an awful lot of bean-counting these days.

Is this "confirmed" and if so how? Ian's blog won't load for me.

The document is not on Companies House yet but I have got from another source a very significant share allocation document.

Remember I posted a couple of weeks ago RAL (Reform Acquisitions Limited) who owns Villa had lifted the restrictions on the number of shares to be held.

Well an Allotment of Shares document was posted on the 18/12/13 showing that £90million of shares had been allotted. This took the total shares at Villa to £223 million and thus above the original £200M that we did have.

You ask – so what ??

Well previously when shares had been allotted this was in effect money put into the club usually by randy in swapping debt for shares at usually £5M a go. This is £90 MILLION we are talking about and if this is the same as before would wipe out a large chunk of the debt in one go.

Or it could be investment into the club ….

As I suggested when we saw the share lift that was more than just tidying up the books, it allowed for this move ……

Either way this is good news -

If wiping off a large % of the debt then wages can be increased

If it is an investor then it means more money

Interesting developments ahead me thinks for the club and I wonder if a certain poster in the transfer thread has heard something to post that we might just get an unexpected signing this January?

If we had large funds available this window I find it hard to believe we'd be after Hoolahan. If we had funds you'd think we'd be signing long term quality for such an important position.

Hopefully this may play some part in an increase in spending in the summer.

Is this why Lambert has been happy to work under constraints so far, knowing this was coming?

If we had large funds available this window I find it hard to believe we'd be after Hoolahan. If we had funds you'd think we'd be signing long term quality for such an important position.

Is this why Lambert has been happy to work under constraints so far, knowing this was coming?

IMO the only thing that's coming is more disappointment

I think any new funds would come in the summer, if they were to.

I also don't think it would stop us buying Hoolahan, we are short of numbers and a 1/2m decent player who can cut it in the prem should not be sniffed at, whether there be more money or not.

I don't think, given the 'life expectancy' of premier league managers, that any one would take a job based on promises of what will happen 18 months forward.

so is he selling up is this the news.

The news is £90m has apparently been put into the club from a seemingly unknown source. It could be from Randy himself, clearing down some of the debt owed to the family trust, or it could be an investment into the club.

Either way, if true, it will be good news for our finances.

Probably. Many of us thought that the logical plan was to clear out the shite we had and then reinvest and there has been little evidence to suggest otherwise, even though there has been widespread panic and doom from fans who can't look long term. Maybe this is our injection from selling the Browns, or it could be something else, but I'm sure we will be getting more investment over the next 2 years and Lerner must have been impressed with the way Lambert has handled his money so far.

Probably. Many of us thought that the logical plan was to clear out the shite we had and then reinvest and there has been little evidence to suggest otherwise, even though there has been widespread panic and doom from fans who can't look long term. Maybe this is our injection from selling the Browns, or it could be something else, but I'm sure we will be getting more investment over the next 2 years and Lerner must have been impressed with the way Lambert has handled his money so far.

I agree, PL always talks about Randy telling him it would be the toughest job he had, get rid of all the rubbish, replace them on minimal funds and then keeps us up untill the funds are available.

£90m sounds just about the right amount of money to clear the debt no?

Regardless how we do it, there's no reason why we shouldn't now be able to raise the wage budget in line with our income. Does anyone have a clue what that will bring us to? £70m a year? I'm of the mind we're at around £55m at the moment.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â